Author Topic: Survey shows only 7% of journalists identify as republican  (Read 2113 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Its posted on Politico, not exactly a right wing site. This pretty much confirms what conservatives have been saying for so long. Anyone (240?) STILL want to pretend the media isnt massively biased towards left-leaning politicians and ideology???

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Survey shows only 7% of journalists identify as republican
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 01:48:56 PM »
Its posted on Politico, not exactly a right wing site. This pretty much confirms what conservatives have been saying for so long. Anyone (240?) STILL want to pretend the media isnt massively biased towards left-leaning politicians and ideology???

Republicans is not bright enough to be journalists.

To be a journalist you need an open mind.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 01:52:06 PM »

::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »

that's undeniable....however Journalists don't own the media, corporations do...With profit being the bottom line, not the unbiased truth.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 01:56:54 PM »

Yeah and your grammar is shining example of left wing intellect  ::)

And how exactly do you know you need an "open mind" to be a journalist?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 03:01:31 PM »

Journalism in its purist form is raw news.

You need to spin/lie first to make it fit a republican audience.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 03:06:47 PM »

don't engage him.  he'll just muddle up the issue and then start making gay jokes about you when you ask him questions.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 03:12:11 PM »
In the least surprising news of the day . . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »

see, this is the thing -

the majority of the media is liberal.
the majority of print media is liberal.
the majority of advertising is liberal.

why?

Cause the majority of AMERICA is liberals.  I think people cannot accept that.   We already know, by definition, that HALF of the people you see on the street have an IQ below 100.  That alone tells you the starting point.  Repubs win the Houses because the country is so darn big, and the middle of the country is all repub country.  But as far as population, as far as poeople - YES, more than 50.1% of the population in this country IS straight up liberal.  Thank goodness for House districting, or the Dems would own all 3 houses.   

Once you realize the majority of the nation is liberal, you suddenly realize why more TV channels lean lib.  Restaurants lean lib.  The laws lean lib.  Court rulings lean lib.  The things we see on store shelves, cater to liberals.  Once you accept this TRUTH, you realize it's not some evil conspiracy to brainwash us... it's just the media companies offering what the MAJORITY of the population wants.  Yes, more ppl watch FOX than any other news network, partly because the lib networks split it, and partly because more old people (repubs) watch cable news at 2pm than people in their 20s lol.

USA = majority liberal nation.  It sucks, but it's reality.  Agree or disagree?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 04:01:10 PM »
that's undeniable....however Journalists don't own the media, corporations do...With profit being the bottom line, not the unbiased truth.

YES!!!!!!

You put FOX new content on 5 channels, and watch numbers plummet.  You put Eminem on one channel, funniest spring break titty flashes on another channel, idiotic cat videos on another channel, and maybe the fiery car crash channel... and you have a rating$ bonanza.

Conservative media is a bunch of old balding white dudes whining about libs.  Right?   And since more than 50% of the nation is libs, it makes sense that things are how they are. 

Believe me - We don't see Mtv idiot shows on "I'm a teen mom!" because MTV execs love that content - they do it because tens of millions of idiots will tune in.   Profit is what drives them - and if ten FOX networks would make $, that's what we would see.  But FOX tried FOX II with the biz channel, and that sucked in ratings, right?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 07:08:51 PM »
Journalism in its purist form is raw news.

You need to spin/lie first to make it fit a republican audience.

You wouldn't know what raw news was if it bit you in the ass. So if only 7% of journalist lean republican then 93% are spinning\lying for the democrat audience ( bet that never occurred to you before you write non-sense  ??? )
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 07:24:21 PM »
Media's terrible. It's upside-down.

Should be a sea of reporters finding news everywhere.

Instead, it's a very, very small cabal of the worst sorts of people you can imagine, defining everything from the top, and our "sea of reporters" might as well be mindless robots.

Don't kid yourselves with the idea that the real profit is sought directly from the product, itself. Not for one minute, hombre. This is about information.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 08:04:01 PM »
see, this is the thing -

why?

Cause the majority of AMERICA is liberals.  I think people cannot accept that.   We already know, by definition, that HALF of the people you see on the street have an IQ below 100.  That alone tells you the starting point.  Repubs win the Houses because the country is so darn big, and the middle of the country is all repub country.  But as far as population, as far as poeople - YES, more than 50.1% of the population in this country IS straight up liberal.  Thank goodness for House districting, or the Dems would own all 3 houses.   

Once you realize the majority of the nation is liberal, you suddenly realize why more TV channels lean lib.  Restaurants lean lib.  The laws lean lib.  Court rulings lean lib.  The things we see on store shelves, cater to liberals.  Once you accept this TRUTH, you realize it's not some evil conspiracy to brainwash us... it's just the media companies offering what the MAJORITY of the population wants.  Yes, more ppl watch FOX than any other news network, partly because the lib networks split it, and partly because more old people (repubs) watch cable news at 2pm than people in their 20s lol.

USA = majority liberal nation.  It sucks, but it's reality.  Agree or disagree?

Agree that you are a savant.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 08:17:48 PM »
we live in a liberal country.  It totally sucks, but the number of people that are independent, responsible, who care about the constitution, and don't want to be coddled by the govt - is DEFINITELY less than 50.00%.   

Can anyone disagree? 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 11:49:12 PM »
You wouldn't know what raw news was if it bit you in the ass. So if only 7% of journalist lean republican then 93% are spinning\lying for the democrat audience ( bet that never occurred to you before you write non-sense  ??? )

You don't need to spin/lie to a dem audience like you do conservatives.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 04:01:40 AM »
You don't need to spin/lie to a dem audience like you do conservatives.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 04:27:26 AM »

"...your grammar is shining example..."? 

You need an article there, comrade.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 07:43:23 AM »
see, this is the thing -

why?

Cause the majority of AMERICA is liberals.  I think people cannot accept that.   We already know, by definition, that HALF of the people you see on the street have an IQ below 100.  That alone tells you the starting point.  Repubs win the Houses because the country is so darn big, and the middle of the country is all repub country.  But as far as population, as far as poeople - YES, more than 50.1% of the population in this country IS straight up liberal.  Thank goodness for House districting, or the Dems would own all 3 houses.  

Once you realize the majority of the nation is liberal, you suddenly realize why more TV channels lean lib.  Restaurants lean lib.  The laws lean lib.  Court rulings lean lib.  The things we see on store shelves, cater to liberals.  Once you accept this TRUTH, you realize it's not some evil conspiracy to brainwash us... it's just the media companies offering what the MAJORITY of the population wants.  Yes, more ppl watch FOX than any other news network, partly because the lib networks split it, and partly because more old people (repubs) watch cable news at 2pm than people in their 20s lol.

USA = majority liberal nation.  It sucks, but it's reality.  Agree or disagree?

Im not sure the majority of the population is liberal. There is perhaps a slight left lean majority, but its prob like 50-55% who lean left on most issues but are not as far left to be called 'liberals'.

And in any case the media slant is STILL NOWHERE NEAR reflecting the actual ratio of americans views. 93% of journalists identify with the democrats...no way in hell 93% of the country identifies with the democrats.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 07:48:38 AM »
Im not sure the majority of the population is liberal. There is perhaps a slight left lean majority, but its prob like 50-55% who lean left on most issues but are not as far left to be called 'liberals'.

And in any case the media slant is STILL NOWHERE NEAR reflecting the actual ration of americans views. 93% of journalists identify with the democrats...no way in hell 93% of the country identifies with the democrats.

Where does it say that the political leanings of journalists have to be in line with the spectrum of our population?

Should that apply to the military too?

How about General electric?

The journalists aren't the issue.  Our Media, what ever it is, is a result of the market place.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »
The majority of the country is right of center.  The media is decidedly liberal, but we already knew that.  I don't think there is any requirement that the media reflect what the country believes.  They should just report the news.  Have their opinions shows.  Entertain, etc. 

Unfortunately, they do disproportionately skew the "news" and they do have an impact on elections.  But that's the price we pay in a free society. 

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 11:38:49 AM »

The msm as a whole undeniably protects and coddles our first AA president. Have you heard some of the "hardball" questions he's routinely been asked by them over the last half dozen or so years?

And this admin is well known for threatening members of the media, using hardball tactics to control and censor them, even going after a few of them as criminals, etc.

The media SHOULD be totally honest and objective, but that doesn't happen - whether it be due to profits, inherent biases, or to protect their investment in the country's first AA president or whatever.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 11:39:37 AM »
The majority of the country is right of center.  

Seriously?  When you walk around America, more than 50% of people are hard working, honest conservatives?  Maybe where you live, but I look around SW FL, and I'd say way less than half of the people I meet are actual conservatives.  Sure, they might call themselves conservatives... but they ain't.

Then again, there are people who call themselves conservative but endorse liberal ideals, such as amnesty, because "oh, I do suppose it's inevitable, we should just roll with it".  They're surrendered.  They're libs, they just don't know it yet.  They're de facto libs.  They wear their conservative t-shirts while endorsing liberal ideals.  They're propping up obama's ideas, while shouting him down the whole time.  

I'd like to see what other getbiggers think - Look around this country... remember the low population areas lean repubs (out west) and higher populated coastlines lean dem.   Do you REALLY believe anywhere near 50.1% of the people in the USA are conservative?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 11:41:28 AM »
Seriously?  When you walk around America, more than 50% of people are hard working, honest conservatives?  Maybe where you live, but I look around SW FL, and I'd say way less than half of the people I meet are actual conservatives.  Sure, they might call themselves conservatives... but they ain't.

Then again, there are people who call themselves conservative but endorse liberal ideals, such as amnesty, because "oh, I do suppose it's inevitable, we should just roll with it".  They're surrendered.  They're libs, they just don't know it yet.  They're de facto libs.  They wear their conservative t-shirts while endorsing liberal ideals.  They're propping up obama's ideas, while shouting him down the whole time.  

I'd like to see what other getbiggers think - Look around this country... remember the low population areas lean repubs (out west) and higher populated coastlines lean dem.   Do you REALLY believe anywhere near 50.1% of the people in the USA are conservative?

Unlike you, I actually walk around much of the country, interact with people from all over the country, travel a lot, read, observe, and most importantly, don't just flat out make stuff up. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 08:15:10 PM »
Unlike you, I actually walk around much of the country, interact with people from all over the country, travel a lot, read, observe, and most importantly, don't just flat out make stuff up. 

i guess we define conservative differently.

I don't see someone that supports amnesty as a conservative.  They're a RINO.  We're going to disagree on that one.