Author Topic: Survey shows only 7% of journalists identify as republican  (Read 2116 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Survey shows only 7% of journalists identify as republican
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »
i guess we define conservative differently.

I don't see someone that supports amnesty as a conservative.  They're a RINO.  We're going to disagree on that one.

You can come with whatever simplistic definition you want.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 11:46:36 PM »
You can come with whatever simplistic definition you want.

our nation is moving more and more liberal.  nobody can deny that.  Debt is growing.  obamacare is here.  planet fitness is rampant.  people are just plain softer by the day.   To deny that is absurd.  There are still pockets of awesomeness, but the majority of americans are just becoming lazier, weaker, whinier, and more liberal. 

Now, this is because the majority of americans want it.  That's why.

not because the majority of americans are conservative BUT since 2% of them watch msnbc, suddenly they turn into liberals.  No, that's not it.  People watching msnbc (most of them) are liberals already.  Conseratives cannot stomach that channel.

Blaming liberal media for "tricking" the majority of nation (conservatives) to think, act, behave, and vote liberal?  Sorry, ,that's a huge stretch and really insults their intelligence.

We live in a liberal country.
Conservatives are now a minority - less than 50%.
OBama won twice because over half the country are libs that wanted him in office.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 12:41:35 PM »
our nation is moving more and more liberal.  nobody can deny that.  Debt is growing.  obamacare is here.  planet fitness is rampant.  people are just plain softer by the day.   To deny that is absurd.  There are still pockets of awesomeness, but the majority of americans are just becoming lazier, weaker, whinier, and more liberal. 

Now, this is because the majority of americans want it.  That's why.

not because the majority of americans are conservative BUT since 2% of them watch msnbc, suddenly they turn into liberals.  No, that's not it.  People watching msnbc (most of them) are liberals already.  Conseratives cannot stomach that channel.

Blaming liberal media for "tricking" the majority of nation (conservatives) to think, act, behave, and vote liberal?  Sorry, ,that's a huge stretch and really insults their intelligence.

We live in a liberal country.
Conservatives are now a minority - less than 50%.
OBama won twice because over half the country are libs that wanted him in office.

Drivel. 

http://www.gallup.com/poll/166787/liberal-self-identification-edges-new-high-2013.aspx

http://www.gallup.com/poll/152021/conservatives-remain-largest-ideological-group.aspx

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/02/the_solid_conservative_majority.html

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »
Maybe most republicans smart enough to be journalists aren't gonna waste their time in a job that pays that poorly?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 07:32:14 PM »
Sorry, but polls in which people have to SELF-identify don't carry that much weight.

"Liberal" has a negative connotation - whiny and dependent, thanks to the way FOX and its peons use it.

"Conservative" has a nice ring to it.  People WANT to be conservative.  BUT they don't act like it.  They don't subscribe to the conservative beliefs.  They act like libs and call themselves conservatives.  

Look at the gebiggers here - many claim to be conservatives, but they're living liberal lifestyles, let's admit it. And they support many liberal causes, such as amnesty.

ABOVE ALL... look at the USA.   We're borrowing $ nonstop.  Both parties support it.  Most people live like that too.  Most people watch garbage and act like fools.  Most people don't LIVE or ACT like conservatives.  Ask president romney if the majority of voters are conservaitves lol. The proof is what you see on the street.  

My only guess is that people who truly believe the majority of americans are conservative have 2 things in common.  They don't know the definition of a conservative, and they mistakenly classify themselves as conservatives too.  You know the type - they use drugs, they drive drink, they whore around, they support lib issues like amnesty, they don't bother to vote mccain or romnry... then when Gallup calls, they proudly announce they're conservatives lol.

I guess Romney called himself "severely conservative" too, huh?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »
Maybe most republicans smart enough to be journalists aren't gonna waste their time in a job that pays that poorly?

You really believe that's why so many journalists are liberal?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2014, 08:55:30 PM »
You really believe that's why so many journalists are liberal?

Journalist Salary | Indeed.com
www.indeed.com/salary/Journalist.html
Indeed.com
Average Journalist Salary: $44000

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2014, 09:22:47 PM »
Journalist Salary | Indeed.com
www.indeed.com/salary/Journalist.html
Indeed.com
Average Journalist Salary: $44000

Ok.  And?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2014, 04:15:10 AM »
Ok.  And?

look around you.  TV is full of liberal ideal.  the schools are moving left.  Courts are moving left.  National debt is skyrocketing.  THis is because our COUNTRY is moving left, unfortunately.  And it's not because there's more TV shows called "I'm a teen mom" than "duck dynasty" lol.  It's because 51% of the people around you are libs.  If you don't see it, sorry, but I think most getbiggers see it.

33, what say you?   are 51% of the people in the USA liberal or conservatives?