Author Topic: 2014 NBA - The Heat will not win it all this year.  (Read 79314 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 2014 NBA - The Heat will not win it all this year.
« Reply #1100 on: July 09, 2014, 12:43:21 PM »
Dat decreasing marginal utility of money.

I applaud your economic awesomeness.  I felt a tingle in my jimmy, reading that.  I miss school lol.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1101 on: July 09, 2014, 10:36:30 PM »
Moving trucks showed up today at LeBron's house.  They packed up all lebron's fancy car collection and got them outta there.  I don't think this happens - the day before he is to make his announcement - unless he's planning on going somewhere.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-07-09/lebron-james-moving-trucks-exotic-cars-nba-free-agency

I tells ya... it all comes down to lebron turning 30... baby #3 on the way... he doesn't care about rings as much as he cares about family, keeping wifey happy, etc.   The clues have been stacking - i've been saying since the January tweet to Wade's birthday - Lebron was leaving.   

Pulling all of his fancy cars outta town - the day before "the Decision II" and making it clear it's either MIA or CLE tonight?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1102 on: July 10, 2014, 07:24:35 AM »
Moving trucks showed up today at LeBron's house.  They packed up all lebron's fancy car collection and got them outta there.  I don't think this happens - the day before he is to make his announcement - unless he's planning on going somewhere.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-07-09/lebron-james-moving-trucks-exotic-cars-nba-free-agency

I tells ya... it all comes down to lebron turning 30... baby #3 on the way... he doesn't care about rings as much as he cares about family, keeping wifey happy, etc.   The clues have been stacking - i've been saying since the January tweet to Wade's birthday - Lebron was leaving.   

Pulling all of his fancy cars outta town - the day before "the Decision II" and making it clear it's either MIA or CLE tonight?
If he goes back to Cleveland I completely understand. I wish him the best and thank him for 4 incredible years, and 2 championships. Lebron, is a bigger man than me if he forgives Dan Gilbert.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #1103 on: July 10, 2014, 08:27:04 AM »

Good for Lebron, go where your heart is. Fuck everything else.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1104 on: July 10, 2014, 09:12:50 AM »
Lebron knows that Miami was going to keep Wade and he was probably sick of making the same money but playing 10X more than that fucker.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1105 on: July 10, 2014, 09:29:34 AM »
LeBron james is changing up his website to a color palette matching the cavs colors?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/10/a-very-interesting-rationale-for-predicting-lebron-james-to-the-cavaliers/

New pages created yesterday - no content yet, but in the cavs HEX colors.   Hmmm...

haha i read a comment somewhere.... imagine if lebron is just trolling cleveland to break their hearts again lol... biggest dick move ever, bigger than the decision lol.

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1106 on: July 10, 2014, 10:33:04 AM »
LeBron james is changing up his website to a color palette matching the cavs colors?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/10/a-very-interesting-rationale-for-predicting-lebron-james-to-the-cavaliers/

New pages created yesterday - no content yet, but in the cavs HEX colors.   Hmmm...

haha i read a comment somewhere.... imagine if lebron is just trolling cleveland to break their hearts again lol... biggest dick move ever, bigger than the decision lol.

This. If he doesn't go to Cleveland now after all the teasing this week, it will be the biggest troll job in history. He will never be able to go back to that state without a team of security if he says fuck you to them again.
You can't do this to them TWICE. Gilbert probably deserves it but you can't do that to the fans there and not expect to feel their wrath.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1107 on: July 10, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »
This. If he doesn't go to Cleveland now after all the teasing this week, it will be the biggest troll job in history. He will never be able to go back to that state without a team of security if he says fuck you to them again.
You can't do this to them TWICE. Gilbert probably deserves it but you can't do that to the fans there and not expect to feel their wrath.
He or  anyone on his team have said he is going back. It's all media speculation. so if they want to be pissed let them be pissed at the media.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1108 on: July 10, 2014, 07:26:07 PM »
He or  anyone on his team have said he is going back. It's all media speculation. so if they want to be pissed let them be pissed at the media.

yeah, true, BUT he did put himself in this slot with The Decision last time going so poorly.

It's like an ex... you broke her heart... you went to a hotter chick and made nice babies and got rich, then you dumped new chick cause she turned 40.

Now you're back in her neighborhood, sniffing around, not actually leading her on, but not squashing rumors either, when it'd be insanely easy to do so.  Cleveland would be SO heartbroken at this point.

I heard it on espn radio tonight.  MAYBE it's not a *basketball* decision.  Maybe it's not about "winning" and collecting rings.  He's done it, and while it's nice, it's not everything.  Maybe the goal is to enjoy the birth of baby #3 in the place where family lives.  Maybe the goal is to be financially set for 5 generations, work a job you like (basketball) for a few more years, in teh city you know.

He can never say to the fans "look, it's nice to win, but I'm okay if we're 3rd in the East every year and I'm around my family".   He has to keep up the "i just want to win" talk.  But his people all want OHIO... not sure how he says no to them.   Most of us would really listen to wifey on such a big matter.  She misses Ohio.  they're going back.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #1109 on: July 10, 2014, 07:30:33 PM »
i might even watch one of his games now.  this is a respectable move if it's for his family and hometown.   

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #1110 on: July 10, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »
If he goes back to Cleveland I completely understand. I wish him the best and thank him for 4 incredible years, and 2 championships. Lebron, is a bigger man than me if he forgives Dan Gilbert.
Completely agree.  Both sides won, if it's time to move on, so be it.  My Heat will suck for a few years, but that is fine.  I will trade a few years of being bad for 4 great years (2 championships and 4 finals) any day of the week. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #1111 on: July 11, 2014, 04:20:24 PM »
Completely agree.  Both sides won, if it's time to move on, so be it.  My Heat will suck for a few years, but that is fine.  I will trade a few years of being bad for 4 great years (2 championships and 4 finals) any day of the week.  

R.I.P. Miami Heat fan base 2010-2014

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1112 on: July 11, 2014, 04:41:01 PM »
R.I.P. Miami Heat fan base 2010-2014

Give them about 20 or 30 games into next season to figure out another first place team to latch onto.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1113 on: July 11, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
Give them about 20 or 30 games into next season to figure out another first place team to latch onto.
There were Heat fans before Lebron. They did win a championship in 2006 without Lebron. Don't underestimate Pat Riley.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1114 on: July 11, 2014, 11:59:56 PM »
There were Heat fans before Lebron. They did win a championship in 2006 without Lebron. Don't underestimate Pat Riley.

true... they could get Melo for the same price as lebron.  They could let wade go, or keep him at a huge discount, and voila, they're a solid #2 in the East, just like that.   

Melo + Bosh > Lebron + Kyrie Irving.

Something to think about.

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #1115 on: July 12, 2014, 12:06:19 AM »
You must be talking about the Cavs fans that became Spurs fans.  People talk about Miami fans, but in the years that Lebron left, Cleveland was near the bottom in attendance.  The only sellouts were when the heat came to play, before LBj, Miami was in the middle of the pack, so who are the bandwagon fans?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1116 on: July 12, 2014, 08:39:28 AM »
You must be talking about the Cavs fans that became Spurs fans.  People talk about Miami fans, but in the years that Lebron left, Cleveland was near the bottom in attendance.  The only sellouts were when the heat came to play, before LBj, Miami was in the middle of the pack, so who are the bandwagon fans?

Cavs fans are more along the lines or better defined as fair weather fans.

Guy living 2,000 miles away who only follows the best/exciting teams is an example of bandwagon type fans.

I guess there's a third type of fan that I experienced here in Dallas.

I followed The Mavericks during the early and mid 90's when they were the laughingstock of the country and the local area. 2 or 3 seasons in there with win records in the teens. It was tough being a fan of that franchise before Dirk came along and started to develop.

Some of my friends who made fun of the Mavericks the most during those lean years are some of their biggest fans now (or at least they seem to be)

I gotta give that to Cuban though, he took a franchise that was a laughing stock and parlayed that into the longest sellout streak in American major league sports.