Author Topic: GOP candidate: ‘I’d rather see another terrorist attack’ than submit to....  (Read 1519 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/07/georgia-gop-candidate-id-rather-see-another-terrorist-attack-than-submit-to-jack-boot-tsa/

Georgia GOP candidate: ‘I’d rather see another terrorist attack’ than submit to ‘jack boot’ TSA

A Georgia Republican candidate said he would rather see another terrorist attack than submit to the “jack boot” thugs in the Transportation Security Administration.

Bob Johnson, a Savannah surgeon running in the First Congressional District GOP primary, made the remarks during a February campaign appearance, but video of the event was first reported Tuesday by Politico.

“The TSA is doing something really profound — they’re indoctrinating generations of Americans to walk through a line and be prodded and probed by uniformed personnel, agents of the government, like sheep,” Johnson said during a campaign forum in Waycross.

“Now this is going to sound outrageous,” Johnson continued. “I’d rather see another terrorist attack — truly I would — than to give up my liberty as an American citizen. Give me liberty or give me death. Isn’t that what Patrick Henry said at the founding of our Republican — or, republic?”

Sources told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that all the other Republican candidates were present at the event.

“People are saying, ‘Now everyone wants security before anything else. I want a perfectly safe flight,’” Johnson said. “You’re not going to have it. We’re going to have jack-boot uniformed people in our backyards.”

State Rep. Jeff Chapman of Brunswick and physician Earl Martin of Blackshear can be in the video flanking Johnson, but they did not visibly react to his remarks.

State Sen. Buddy Carter is considered the frontrunner, the newspaper reported, with Johnson and businessman John McCallum his most likely runoff opponents in the solidly conservative district.

Farmer Darwin Carter is also among the candidates vying to replace Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA), who is running for the U.S. Senate.

A spokesperson for Johnson said Tuesday that the candidate described his remarks as “stupid,” but he repeated his criticism of the TSA.

“As a 26-year Army Ranger, head and neck surgeon and even a Christian medical missionary, I’ve sworn my life to defending this country and keeping people safe,” Johnson said in a statement. “And as a Constitutional conservative, it angers me that we are giving up our liberty to the bureaucratic TSA and spying on our own people in the name of false security and that has to stop.”

“I’m very passionate about the ideals of liberty, freedom and maintaining a strong national defense, and these conservative ideals shouldn’t be at odds with each other,” Johnson added. “In the heat of the moment, while making the point that I would much rather fight the enemy than our federal government, I said something stupid and should have chosen my words more carefully.”

Purge_WTF

He's echoing the security vs. liberty quote by Franklin. And he's right.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
I would too. Ive always said this. Id trade the miniscule amount of extra security they provide for the old days ability to breeze through airports in a heartbeat.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I think it set up to protect commerce more than anything.  People must feel safe to choose to fly.

Without it a person still can cause a panic by getting on a plane with a knife or some gel bomb (fake or otherwise)

If we take another hit like our airlines shutting down for a few days followed by sparse travel we could be in big economic trouble.

Fact is, TSA or our airports aren't really keeping us safe.   The job was done by our SOF in the ME for the last 13 years.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
You really have to ask yourself what we're trying to "protect" ourselves from with things such as unwarranted communications funneling, location tracking, etc.

Funny that the very people so quick to dismiss so-called CTers as paranoid, are the ones with this crazy, undefined fear.

Meanwhile, wealth and power becomes funneled right alongside the information. How convenient for certain interests.

This particular person should have spoken in much broader terms than the TSA. That's all. He's as right as it gets.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
attack’ than submit to....
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 09:09:17 AM »
TSA is all for show - nothing else

Mawse

• Getbig IV
Achmed could walk right into LAX and set off a bomb in the winding line to the "safety station" and destroy the airline industry / economy for months without even getting close to a plane

Don't mention the thousands of illegals getting in the back of the airport completely unchecked  to clean the planes etc  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
dude... If they had TWO airlines...

one, i had to strip butt nekkid, let them x-ray my luggage/clothes, and everyone agrees to it...

the other where people whine and the searchers are only allowed to check certain parts... making it easy to hide C4 or whatever if you try hard enough...

I'm flying airline #1.  And I'm letting all the picky people + all the terr'ists fly airline #2.   Yes, give people a choice.  I'll strip down and shake my sack if it means everyone on that doggone plane has done the same thing.  I want the TSA on steroids with lube.  I want to KNOW that nobody on that plane is holding devices, bombs, etc.  It's not "giving up my rights" in this case - I'd probably pay MORE to fly that airline too.  It's a choice.  The only thing between a watery explopsive grave is the IQ and rulebook of a dude making $11 an hour with 6 weeks TSA training lol.   Search me, search everyone, be thorough.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
Achmed could walk right into LAX and set off a bomb in the winding line to the "safety station" and destroy the airline industry / economy for months without even getting close to a plane

Don't mention the thousands of illegals getting in the back of the airport completely unchecked  to clean the planes etc  ::)

They'd let Achmed with a bomb strapped to him onboard without so much as a raised eyebrow anyway - we don't want to offend any radical muslims, do we?

Meanwhile, 80 year old white women and babies are stripped, cavity-searched, groped, detained, threatened, etc so that it looks like they're doing their jobs.
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
They'd let Achmed with a bomb strapped to him onboard without so much as a raised eyebrow anyway - we don't want to offend any radical muslims, do we?

Meanwhile, 80 year old white women and babies are stripped, cavity-searched, groped, detained, threatened, etc so that it looks like they're doing their jobs.

Exactly. Fuck these people

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
He's echoing the security vs. liberty quote by Franklin. And he's right.

This

240 is Back

• Getbig V
but you're agreeing to fly with a private company, right?  I mean, you *could* spend more $ and take a private flight from a private airport, and carry all the Glockage you wanted on board, right?  Choosing commercial means just that, choosing to roll with the policies implementing for the masses to keep idiots from blowing up their underwear, etc.

I dislike much of what the govt does, but I personally am 100% fine with stripping 100% of people.   Make them walk thru one of those cool x-rays like on that arnold total recall movie.  I'd personally be scared to fly these days... light pat downs sure aren't going to catch the extremist with a fuse hanging out of his tush.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
If you fly all the time 240...the TSA checks become a massive pain in the ass and they're also a joke. I get picked a lot for some reason....I always feel the need to make comments.
L

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Strange, that he decided to anchor his apparent point on the TSA. He talks about other immediate problems ("spying on our own people"), so why use the TSA for what is by far the most notable quote? That's building on a comparably weak foundation, versus what he could have chosen.

Makes me wonder if this is a media game, whereby we're supposed to surmise that Johnson's sort of overall thinking has come to be unpopular (and therefore somehow unacceptable).

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Haven't heard much more about the CIA-hacking of that investigation data.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
dude... If they had TWO airlines...

one, i had to strip butt nekkid, let them x-ray my luggage/clothes, and everyone agrees to it...

the other where people whine and the searchers are only allowed to check certain parts... making it easy to hide C4 or whatever if you try hard enough...

I'm flying airline #1.  And I'm letting all the picky people + all the terr'ists fly airline #2.   Yes, give people a choice.  I'll strip down and shake my sack if it means everyone on that doggone plane has done the same thing.  I want the TSA on steroids with lube.  I want to KNOW that nobody on that plane is holding devices, bombs, etc.  It's not "giving up my rights" in this case - I'd probably pay MORE to fly that airline too.  It's a choice.  The only thing between a watery explopsive grave is the IQ and rulebook of a dude making $11 an hour with 6 weeks TSA training lol.   Search me, search everyone, be thorough.

They did a real good job keeping that kids off that flight to Hawaii. I gotta laugh at the irony.
Paid, ticketed passengers who are supposed to be on flights, have a hard time getting to where they're going,
...but a kid manages to not only fly to Hawaii, but do so in the wheel well of the plane? ???

Passengers can't get to a window seat without being molested, but a kid has access to the very equipment itself? Good thing he wasn't a terrorist, he might have screwed with the landing gear, or planted something inside the wheel well that would automatically be retracted into the body of the plane upon take off, but hey... a TSA agent sticking their fingers in women's vagina's, or massaging Jonah Falcon's member keeps everyone safe right? So does squeezing the contents of Grandma's colostomy bag. It's gotta suck being a TSA Agent, ...unless you're a perv.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
but you're agreeing to fly with a private company, right?  I mean, you *could* spend more $ and take a private flight from a private airport, and carry all the Glockage you wanted on board, right?  Choosing commercial means just that, choosing to roll with the policies implementing for the masses to keep idiots from blowing up their underwear, etc.

I dislike much of what the govt does, but I personally am 100% fine with stripping 100% of people.   Make them walk thru one of those cool x-rays like on that arnold total recall movie.  I'd personally be scared to fly these days... light pat downs sure aren't going to catch the extremist with a fuse hanging out of his tush.

That my good Sir would be called a Tampon!  ;D

It's not designed to catch an extremist with a fuse hanging out his tush.
If Philly is any example, it's designed to give Straight-A school kids road-side vasectomies.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I very rarely fly.  I hate that feeling of "out of control" where if something goes wrong, it doesn't matter how smart, how quick, how strong you are... you're falling in a fiery mess from 20,000 feet and there's no stopping that.   Scary helpless feeling.  Plus, they don't let you carry while flying lol.

I like to drive when traveling for vacation.  If I had to fly for work, I'd always prefer an option where TSA is checking for pimples on the booty.  But I can see how ppl would hate it if traveling all the time.