Author Topic: New IC and US Champs - right move?  (Read 165689 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: New IC and US Champs - right move?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 11:10:02 AM »
I know wrestling is cyclical and goes through highs and lows but it has been 10+ yrs since attitude era, something has to change.

I honestly don't expect professional wrestling to hit another peak that rivals any of it's greatest past ones.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2014, 11:16:11 AM »

If not next year, then eventually.
They all do. And, when they wave enough green in front of Martha Hart, Owen will go in, too.

The only one who will never, EVER make it in is Benoit.

"The Genius" Lanny Poffo claims that he won't do it, based on Savage's wishes that the whole Poffo wrestling family get inducted, ala the Von Erichs.

Genius claimed that while he can't stop WWE from putting Savage in to the Hall against his wishes (pockets ain't deep enough to wage a legal fight with McMahon), he said that (if WWE goes that route) he doesn't want to be invited to the event or paid.

Per his little brother, Savage really got rubbed raw by that whole "Huckster" and "Nacho Man" thing. You may recall that Savage left for WCW because he still wanted to wrestle, while McMahon wanted him behind the desk doing commentary to make room for the "New Generation" guys. The "Nacho Man" thing just reinforced McMahon's belief that Savage was too long in the tooth. Savage's multiple runs as WCW champion proved differently.

Savage supposedly even proposed a storyline to run about two years with him and Shawn Michaels, where he would ultimately put Michaels over and then retire. He and Michaels had some great matches in the UK back in '92, when Savage was champion.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 05:17:49 AM »

Per his little brother, Savage really got rubbed raw by that whole "Huckster" and "Nacho Man" thing. You may recall that Savage left for WCW because he still wanted to wrestle, while McMahon wanted him behind the desk doing commentary to make room for the "New Generation" guys. The "Nacho Man" thing just reinforced McMahon's belief that Savage was too long in the tooth. Savage's multiple runs as WCW champion proved differently.

Not sure I entirely believe this. Yes Macho was doing some commentary BUT he could still draw, make Vinny Mac $$$ etc. I have had emails back and forth with Lanny and yes he wants the whole family in but if the myth that Macho hit on/slept with Steph and also MM taking slim jim to WCW.........He may never go in unless HHH steps in like he did with Warrior.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 10:45:39 AM »
Not sure I entirely believe this. Yes Macho was doing some commentary BUT he could still draw, make Vinny Mac $$$ etc. I have had emails back and forth with Lanny and yes he wants the whole family in but if the myth that Macho hit on/slept with Steph and also MM taking slim jim to WCW.........He may never go in unless HHH steps in like he did with Warrior.

I made that statement, based on a podcast that Genius did on Youtube. But, you make the call.

Again, he states that he really can't stop WWE from inducting Savage alone. But, if they do that, he wants no part of it: no money, no invite, NOTHING. Otherwise, he'd be selling his brother for 30 pieces of silver ala Judas.

Here's Savage, discussing briefly why he left WWE for WCW.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 06:20:50 PM »
I expect the fallout would have been much harsher had Randy actually done "anything" with an underage Stephanie. Of course, that is just pure conjecture on my part.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 07:47:50 PM »
I expect the fallout would have been much harsher had Randy actually done "anything" with an underage Stephanie. Of course, that is just pure conjecture on my part.

To me, this Savage boning Stephanie McMahon rumor ranks up there with the Ultimate Warrior dying in '92, after Helwig came back 20-25 lb lighter and smoother with shorter hair.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 02:44:37 AM »
To me, this Savage boning Stephanie McMahon rumor ranks up there with the Ultimate Warrior dying in '92, after Helwig came back 20-25 lb lighter and smoother with shorter hair.

Yeah, and I don't think the old man would have given Savage a public "fare thee well" on air, either, when he jumped.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 05:26:17 AM »

Yeah, and I don't think the old man would have given Savage a public "fare thee well" on air, either, when he jumped.

Great point!