Author Topic: Bad Booking of Bryan  (Read 15002 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Bad Booking of Bryan
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »
1. He's made his name as a technical wrestler, but they have him in a program with Kane doing gimmicky matches and backstage bits.

2. He's thought of as the underdog who overcomes adversity, but they now have Bree Bella at ringside during his matches.

When you're banging this, you are no longer the underdog:

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Bad Booking of Bryan
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 09:07:17 PM »
I have no idea what they're doing with him at the moment.  They've completely forgotten the DB vs The Authority thing, leaving him messing about with Kane, who was only recently retired?  Although Steph does keep sticking her nose into it for whatever reason.  Why bring Kane back, straight into the title picture, when there are so many other options available.

I think HHH got a massive hard-on at the thought of bringing Evolution back (plus Batista's general comeback fail), so he put them straight into a feud with the Shield.  Personally I'd have let DB go through every member of Evolution, one by one in successive pay-per-views, building him over a longer period into a viable Champion.  Once he's got through all of them, you could make him face all 3 in a handicap and take the title away from him, keeping the crowd behind him, or someone could interfere in the match, giving DB the win and allowing Evolution to move onto a new target.  DB would then move on to someone else.

Also, slightly off-topic, but Brie has the worst "I'm really, really scared" scream I've heard in a long time.  This week's Raw was laughable when she was trapped in the car with Kane, she's just shrieking as long and loud as possible.  I wonder if she's like that in bed...  ???

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 05:52:37 AM »
I have no idea what they're doing with him at the moment.  They've completely forgotten the DB vs The Authority thing, leaving him messing about with Kane, who was only recently retired?  Although Steph does keep sticking her nose into it for whatever reason.  Why bring Kane back, straight into the title picture, when there are so many other options available.

I think HHH got a massive hard-on at the thought of bringing Evolution back (plus Batista's general comeback fail), so he put them straight into a feud with the Shield.  Personally I'd have let DB go through every member of Evolution, one by one in successive pay-per-views, building him over a longer period into a viable Champion.  Once he's got through all of them, you could make him face all 3 in a handicap and take the title away from him, keeping the crowd behind him, or someone could interfere in the match, giving DB the win and allowing Evolution to move onto a new target.  DB would then move on to someone else.

They had to have him win the belt at WM otherwise the fans most likely would have given up on Bryan thinking he would never be champion.

WWE has the deepest roster they have had in a while and need to make some monster heel as it is just Orton, Batista and HHH with 2 of them not really monsters. They need to mend fences with Punk and bring him back as a heel or just hotshot Cesaro to main event as I think he and DB would be a great match (s)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »

Also, slightly off-topic, but Brie has the worst "I'm really, really scared" scream I've heard in a long time.  This week's Raw was laughable when she was trapped in the car with Kane, she's just shrieking as long and loud as possible.  I wonder if she's like that in bed...  ???
DB was supposed to wrestle batista at the  next pay for view but batista up and quit unsatified with the money and not wanting to lose to db for the title.
F

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 08:37:36 AM »
This is the problem with part time wrestlers. The number one contender and top heel is Brock but he's no where to be found. Vince should've broken open the piggy bank and paid Brock whatever as a Brock/Bryan extended program with Bree no where in sight would be killing it, right now.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 09:33:46 PM »
They had to have him win the belt at WM otherwise the fans most likely would have given up on Bryan thinking he would never be champion.

I've got no problem with WM30, after the Streak went they had to finish on a high and DB deserved to win it.  Everything since has been iffy though.

DB was supposed to wrestle batista at the  next pay for view but batista up and quit unsatified with the money and not wanting to lose to db for the title.

There's issues with Batista/WWE and how he's been booked, but he has to look at himself a lot there.  The majority of his work since his big comeback has been rough, his mic work isn't great, he didn't get the comeback pop, and he looks smaller/weaker in his matches.  They had to shift him into a team with Orton to give him legitimacy almost, as the crowd weren't booing him as a heel, rather as someone they couldn't be bothered with.  Then they moved that into Evolution, so I don't know where they go from here.  Batista's got commitments outside of WWE, so I can't see him wanting a long run, but it's a little soon to be breaking up Evolution already.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 03:39:10 AM »
I've got no problem with WM30, after the Streak went they had to finish on a high and DB deserved to win it.  Everything since has been iffy though.

There's issues with Batista/WWE and how he's been booked, but he has to look at himself a lot there.  The majority of his work since his big comeback has been rough, his mic work isn't great, he didn't get the comeback pop, and he looks smaller/weaker in his matches.  They had to shift him into a team with Orton to give him legitimacy almost, as the crowd weren't booing him as a heel, rather as someone they couldn't be bothered with.  Then they moved that into Evolution, so I don't know where they go from here.  Batista's got commitments outside of WWE, so I can't see him wanting a long run, but it's a little soon to be breaking up Evolution already.

Ego damage may also be a factor. I'm sure he was expecting a much better reception. Dave may have been expecting/hoping for an atmosphere closer to 2002. Sadly, those days are gone forever.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 05:42:51 AM »
I see DB being a transitional champ due to lack of big heel for him to feud with. Not sure if I am a fan of Brie by his side.

Valets work best with heels not baby faces

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 06:41:47 AM »
theyve lost direction since WM30.
they managed to redeem WM with the Bryan feat after it was going to shit with the whole batista and orton flop match. but since then its gone nowhere.

even cesaro who looked to be making the big step after his WM win has badly lost direction. they dont know whether to make him a heel with heyman or a fans favourite. plus theyve scaled back his in-ring performances. just messing about with RVD atm.

if they couldnt get brock, they really could have pushed cesaro as a heel with heyman in his corner and him taking on Bryan. would have made an awesome technical intense match. instead theyve gone for this kane gimmick. the whole bree bella thing is laughable imo.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 06:15:05 AM »
The newest heel added to the mix is Sheamus, granted he is still somehwhat young but time to start elevating some new stars.

IMO Kane is winding down, he is 47 and I can see him turning face and doing one last run with the authority.

I would love to see a long feud between Cesaro vs DB

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 10:07:43 PM »

WWE has the deepest roster they have had in a while and need to make some monster heel as it is just Orton, Batista and HHH with 2 of them not really monsters. They need to mend fences with Punk and bring him back as a heel or just hotshot Cesaro to main event as I think he and DB would be a great match (s)

Bryan's already been champion. He won both belts separately; it's just his losing them in embarrassing or screwjob fashion that makes him look weak (i.e. losing to World title to Sheamus in 18 seconds; having Orton cash MITB on him for the WWE title).

If WWE would quit neutering their up-and-coming heels (i.e. Swagger, Sheamus, Del Rio, Ziggler, Miz, Henry) by turning them face and burying them in the midcard, Bryan would have plenty of competition and they wouldn't have to keep recycling Orton, Helmsley, and Kane.

Before you know it, they'll turn Wyatt face and screw him up, too.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 03:37:24 PM »
The newest heel added to the mix is Sheamus, granted he is still somehwhat young but time to start elevating some new stars.

He's probably only got a few years left in him, he's 36 now.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 12:16:40 PM »
Looks like Bryan is on the shelf for a while. Apparently, the extent of the damage won't be known until the surgeon goes in. Hopefully it won't be too bad but you have to think he'll be out to 2-3 months.

WWE Has some serious booking decisions to make.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »
Looks like Bryan is on the shelf for a while. Apparently, the extent of the damage won't be known until the surgeon goes in. Hopefully it won't be too bad but you have to think he'll be out to 2-3 months.

Not surprising considering his ring style. When it comes to neck and back surgeries, once that surgeon opens you up for the first time, you can expect another procedure in another 1-2 years if you're a professional wrestler.

Very surprised that Rob Van Dam has never had a neck surgery. He is genetic freak when it comes to resiliency to injuries. He's 44 and still looks good performing out there with that reckless style.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »

So let's say they have to strip him....who is on deck? Please not Orton again......

Who would you choose?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 02:44:16 PM »
So let's say they have to strip him....who is on deck? Please not Orton again......

Who would you choose?

It's a tough call. The WWE is a sea of mid-carders. The safe pick would be Cena.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »

Who would you choose?

The only babyface (other than Cena) that could possibly cut it as champion, at this point, would be Sheamus.

After all, he did beat Bryan in 18 seconds for the World title and he beat Cena twice for the WWE title.  ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 07:04:31 PM »
The only babyface (other than Cena) that could possibly cut it as champion, at this point, would be Sheamus.

After all, he did beat Bryan in 18 seconds for the World title and he beat Cena twice for the WWE title.  ;D

He seems stale, right now, no momentum.

I'll bet they're regretting turning Cesaro heel, as he would be the answer for a new face champion.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 10:12:08 PM »

I'll bet they're regretting turning Cesaro heel, as he would be the answer for a new face champion.

And nobody has a Money-In-The-Bank briefcase.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 05:49:56 AM »

Why couldn't Cesaro be champ with Heyman by his side as a heel. Have him feud with Cena while the build another face or 2.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 10:58:13 AM »
Why couldn't Cesaro be champ with Heyman by his side as a heel. Have him feud with Cena while the build another face or 2.

It makes sense except that the crowd really doesn't want to boo Cesaro. By making him a heel, McMahon is trying to dictate to the fans what their reaction should be.

They basically screwed up with Cesaro.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »
It makes sense except that the crowd really doesn't want to boo Cesaro. By making him a heel, McMahon is trying to dictate to the fans what their reaction should be.

They basically screwed up with Cesaro.

Well, they never officially turned him face. Cesaro was still a heel, as part of the "Real Americans". You couldn't turn the entire crew face. Jack Swagger is irrelevant enough, as it is.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 07:24:16 PM »
So apparently after after DB comes back..
They want him to continue with Kane again  :-\

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 09:36:15 AM »
Something I read, take it for what it is worth...

Caesaro wins MIB....

Lesnar beats Bryan at Summerslam and Caesaro cashes in and beats Lesnar......2 Heyman guys going at it