Author Topic: Were You Conned Into Bodybuilding?  (Read 4211 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Re: Were You Conned Into Bodybuilding?
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 11:49:57 AM »
And what made you think you could be that size in a year, especially when they weren't even that size in just one year of training?

Tell that to a 14 year old  >:( pre internet and just finished watching Conan
S

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »
I was framed,conned,hoodwinked,bamboozeled,bewitched,bothered,and bewildered.

You forgot befuddled.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 01:56:36 PM »
Lifted for sports. Grew more than most. Continued.

I paid my dues to the supplement gods along the way... And then they sent me a dark figure, who appeared to me in a haze of ephedrine, named m1t.  He lead me to a river bank; I admired the shore line of River Anabolic.  Next thing I know, congress rerouted the river and without taking a step, I was now standing in it.  Since I was already wet, I hugged my dark friend goodbye and waded into the deep waters.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »
Tell that to a 14 year old  >:( pre internet and just finished watching Conan

I know firsthand. I was 16 and not only saw Conan but watched WWF Superstars every week, featuring Hulk Hogan, the late Ultimate Warrior, the Powers of Pain and other swole pro wrestlers.

Even then, I knew it would take way longer than a year (even with my state-of-the-art cement weights and Weider's Dynamic Weight Gainer, which I got from my best friend as his stepfather didn't like the taste of it) to get that size in a year, if at all.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 02:07:48 PM »
Nope, mate was into lifting and had good pecs. I wanted to start lifting (14) and parents said no. When I was 16 and could join gym paid by membership and started lifting. Mate never took gear and had a balanced attitude, me, not so much.

Simple Simon

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 02:16:14 PM »
I remember seeing Vince Basile dominate the Mr Canada, after that I was hooked.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2014, 02:17:58 PM »
-Not conned at all; I was inspired by a friend of my parents who was a bodybuilder.

Simple Simon

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »
-Not conned at all; I was inspired by a friend of my parents who was a bodybuilder.
Please dont go into the sordid details.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »
Please dont go into the sordid details.

I tried not to. How'd I do? Actually, there are no sordid details. You possibly have an overactive imagination.  ;D

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2014, 02:27:18 PM »
Pumping Iron, Arnold conned me into it.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2014, 10:59:52 PM »
Did you as a young child one day stumble across a movie with a jacked up dude, or one of Arnie's old muscle movies, Conan, Commando...etc, or even Van Damme...or a poster in a magazine and thought "wohaa, this is how I want to be"....then later in your teens you bought your first Flex mag and before you knew it you could recognize all the top 10 Olympia pros from a back double bi shot. Followed all the weider principles and drank Mega Mass 2000...you loved it for the first year or two and then it dawned you on one day whilst flexing in the mirror that you are still light years behind your dream physique....why is it not happening? why am I although bigger than before, look nothing like Arnie or Ray...etc? and that's when the seed of AAS was first planted in that very moment in your head, and the rest was history.

Had someone told you the moment you subconsciously absorbed that image of your ideal physique told you, "son....this is a never ending road, no real human being can look anything close to this, to do so you will inject and swallow pills and eat and sleep right...and should you stop all of this you would shrivel back to oblivion in no time."

lol truth!!

I think a lot of guys our age from that era can say this is why they started training.

it was kinda the height of bbing. the physiques weren't too over the top. like your look at them and actually think you could look like that. lol fuck.

I started for me when I was 16-17? I'd go to my uncles cottage. he was a legit stud. trained his ass off. healthy eater before it became cool - used to have his own flours ground for him so he could have a mix of all the grains he liked. but a mans man not a pansy the guy would kill a deer, pull out his knife and gut it and not blink an eye. anyway he had his own gym in the cottage. he had 80's issues of flex and m&f laying around all over the place. bored out of my mind I used to read them. I actually thought if I was yoked like that I'd have hot broads all over me too like the cover photo suggested. I didn't start training till I was 22? but those memories of leafing thru those mags at the cottage I'll never forget. i never did manage in my own eyes to look like those dudes, but at least the broads part came true. :D

cheers and great post.
b

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 11:09:23 PM »
lol truth!!

....but at least the broads part came true. :D

Answers my question.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2014, 01:15:12 AM »
Can not lie, the actors, the mags, the super heroes did it for me, however not at the beginning. My true love was banging out heavy weights, right off the bat was smashing 2 plates per side on the bench and loved lifting heavy. Even now i love it. :)

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2014, 01:54:35 AM »
Hook line and sinker :D
Just watched this doc on the Lance Armstrong story and the PED's used in cycling last night - highly recommended -  Applies to bodybuilding and all sports.
No big news to most us but to the general gullible population I can imagine this is like they've just been told father Christmas isn't real.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2014, 01:54:56 AM »
For me it was wrestling, specifically Triple H. I thought I could lift weights and be close to his size within a couple years naturally, boy was I wrong.  ::)

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2014, 02:28:43 AM »
God damn Rocky iv and ravishing Rick rude (the ladies went wild)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2014, 02:40:14 AM »
Yup exactly word for word what happened to me. God damn action movies.

Ahnold movies: not even once!

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2014, 03:07:03 AM »
S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2014, 03:08:11 AM »
S

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2014, 03:22:18 AM »
I always kind of new I wanted to juice. I remember being like 14 and telling myself if I could ever get them I would certainly do them. Wasn't until my junior year of college I ran across a website you had to pay like 50 bucks and they gave you a list of suppliers. First guy I used had legit pharmaceutical grade gear out of the Ukraine. I bought a ton of sustanon amps and dbols rest is history. I put on like 30 pounds with that first run it was epic.

And six months later you lost an epic 28 pounds of muscle....

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2014, 05:17:13 AM »
Did you as a young child one day stumble across a movie with a jacked up dude, or one of Arnie's old muscle movies, Conan, Commando...etc, or even Van Damme...or a poster in a magazine and thought "wohaa, this is how I want to be"....then later in your teens you bought your first Flex mag and before you knew it you could recognize all the top 10 Olympia pros from a back double bi shot. Followed all the weider principles and drank Mega Mass 2000...you loved it for the first year or two and then it dawned you on one day whilst flexing in the mirror that you are still light years behind your dream physique....why is it not happening? why am I although bigger than before, look nothing like Arnie or Ray...etc? and that's when the seed of AAS was first planted in that very moment in your head, and the rest was history.

Had someone told you the moment you subconsciously absorbed that image of your ideal physique told you, "son....this is a never ending road, no real human being can look anything close to this, to do so you will inject and swallow pills and eat and sleep right...and should you stop all of this you would shrivel back to oblivion in no time."

Not only is this a great thread,  But It could very well be an Emmy award winning  tv documentary  ..

Bodybuilding and the Supp company has got to be the biggest scam,fraud lie that its still featured at malls,magazines, stores,etc  screwing up generations. a Pro Bodybuilder using tons of illegal drugs and telling youngsters they can look like just like him by buying some powder.....

a peanut butter jar has a warning label ......  Shouldnt the Supps sold by the Gift,Jay Kai etc have a warning label saying ' You might need to inject anabolics and lots of them in most cases to look obtain similar results"

Should I call ? MSNBC? FOX  ? 60 mins ?

WoooSSSHHHHHHHH    BE YE KE

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2014, 05:47:22 AM »
At the time I was getting into bbing, Mentzer was the guy. He was juiced. So, I guess you could say I was conned.

However, in 2014, I look better than 99% of guys my age. So, it's been a net positive, with the only regret being ego lifting when I was younger.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 06:20:03 AM »
All my friends played sports like myself and started lifting and so did I.