Author Topic: Punk Officially Retired  (Read 2193 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Punk Officially Retired
« on: May 10, 2014, 07:35:54 AM »
Does Punk owe the fans anything? Of course not but he should come out of hiding and make the retirement announcement. But of course most would probably think this is a work anyway

Sources: Red Eye Chicago

CM Punk's close friend Natalie Slater penned a column for Red Eye Chicago titled, My friend is famous, and it sucks. Slater was featured in Punk's recent WWE documentary, and Punk wrote the forward for her cookbook last year.
In the column, she discussed her friend getting mobbed everywhere:

Now, he's the recently retired seven-time World Champion, and he's one of the most isolated people I've ever known. A few weeks ago he found a young fan and his mom cramming Easter candy into the mail slot of his front door. Just before that, he walked out of his back door to throw out the trash only to be met by fans camped out in his alley for hours just to see him.
Slater noted that she was worried that he would get stabbed, and added that seeing him has "bastardized" her childhood notions of fame.

Seeing my childhood notions of fame bastardized every time we hang out, I'm secretly glad it's him and not me. I can't imagine finally being able to do anything I wanted to, financially, but not being able to do any of it in peace.
It's an interesting look at the price of fame, you can read the full column at this link.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0508/575904/cm-punk-friend-says-he-retired/#x4e1JSFbuFM2S2y4.99

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
Re: Punk Officially Retired
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 08:15:37 PM »
He needs to get over himself. In a few years, no one will recognize or care who he is.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:21:57 AM »
He needs to get over himself. In a few years, no one will recognize or care who he is.

x2.

I've put him in the same category as Foley: I respect his contributions to the business, but he's become a drama queen. Also, more people recognize and remember Mick.

billytwolips

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »

x2.

I've put him in the same category as Foley: I respect his contributions to the business, but he's become a drama queen. Also, more people recognize and remember Mick.

X's 3. I never got the hype about him. And his abrupt departure has only turned me off even more. CM Stunk.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:20:06 PM »
Does that guy have the Pepsi logo Tattoed on his arm?