Author Topic: Michael Sam....Drafted to the St Louis Rams  (Read 17232 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Michael Sam....Drafted to the St Louis Rams
« on: May 10, 2014, 08:24:35 PM »
I don't know whether he should celebrate or not....Geez, the Rams are not exactly playing great football lately.  History has been made though.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
A

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
Re: Michael Sam....Drafted to the St Louis Rams
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:30:52 PM »
Might not make team. Let's wait and see.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 09:05:31 PM »
Might not make team. Let's wait and see.

It will be difficult for him to get past Pre-Season....but he can always... "zip up"
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 09:12:24 PM »
I think there are a ton of gay players already in the NFL and there have been since the start of course. I am willing to bet at least 75 percent to 90 percent of football fans are gay or have had some sort of gay experience.  Its about time they own up to it.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »
I think there are a ton of gay players already in the NFL and there have been since the start of course. I am willing to bet at least 75 percent to 90 percent of football fans are gay or have had some sort of gay experience.  Its about time they own up to it.

Weak troll attempt....you're really losing it lately.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 10:41:41 PM »
I don't know whether he should celebrate or not....Geez, the Rams are not exactly playing great football lately.  History has been made though.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

History? How? Because of the media and people like yourself. You just made Sam a distraction. Now the topic of a Ram game is going to him being openly gay instead of him being a potential play maker. And if he doesn't make the squad because of lack ability, the gay rights activists are going to make it a homophobe issue. Right Vince?

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 11:11:21 PM »
He won't do well in the league. Sorry Vince

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 11:22:12 PM »
History? How? Because of the media and people like yourself. You just made Sam a distraction. Now the topic of a Ram game is going to him being openly gay instead of him being a potential play maker. And if he doesn't make the squad because of lack ability, the gay rights activists are going to make it a homophobe issue. Right Vince?

For once, we agree... this makes me worried!

I have no idea if he's a good player or not and have very little interest in the game; in fact, I didn't even know who this guy was before I saw this topic. But when it comes down to it I just don't see what the guy's sexuality has to do with playing. I hope the kid has a long and successful career and that he manages to become famous for his skill and work ethic as opposed to his sexual orientation.

Personally, the behavior of both sides in the "gay wars" seems pretty fucked up. On the one side, there's the group who thinks that gays should be able to proudly gyrate their hips and thrust in my general direction and that's a-ok and I must take like a man, with a smile on my face. On the other side, there's the group that thinks that gays ought to just live repressed lives as almost-second-class citizens. Why can't people just be people? If you're straight, great. If you're gay great. I don't care. Live your life, pursuing happiness and being a good person, keep others out of your bedroom and stay out of theirs.

P.S.: Joe, I think that I just collapsed your entire world-view, such as it is, by agreeing with you. The implications of this are monumental.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 11:27:19 PM »
If you're straight, great. If you're gay great. I don't care. Live your life, pursuing happiness and being a good person, keep others out of your bedroom and stay out of theirs.

THIS

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »
For once, we agree... this makes me worried!

I have no idea if he's a good player or not and have very little interest in the game; in fact, I didn't even know who this guy was before I saw this topic. But when it comes down to it I just don't see what the guy's sexuality has to do with playing. I hope the kid has a long and successful career and that he manages to become famous for his skill and work ethic as opposed to his sexual orientation.

Personally, the behavior of both sides in the "gay wars" seems pretty fucked up. On the one side, there's the group who thinks that gays should be able to proudly gyrate their hips and thrust in my general direction and that's a-ok and I must take like a man, with a smile on my face. On the other side, there's the group that thinks that gays ought to just live repressed lives as almost-second-class citizens. Why can't people just be people? If you're straight, great. If you're gay great. I don't care. Live your life, pursuing happiness and being a good person, keep others out of your bedroom and stay out of theirs.

P.S.: Joe, I think that I just collapsed your entire world-view by agreeing with you. The implications of this are monumental.

First and formost this kid is a football player. As you know I'm a conservative and I think what the media is doing is bullshit by making this a gay thing instead of a football thing. Sam said himself this was about football. If the kid plays, make it about football. Anytime you get chosen in a draft at any pick, you're a talented player. Let the kid do his thing and leave the personal shit out of it.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 11:32:05 PM »
First and formost this kid is a football player. As you know I'm a conservative and I think what the media is doing is bullshit by making this a gay thing instead of a football thing. Sam said himself this was about football. If the kid plays, make it about football. Anytime you get chosen in a draft at any pick, you're a talented player. Let the kid do his thing and leave the personal shit out of it.

As I said, I agree with you 100% on this issue. It shouldn't matter what his orientation is - it should be about his skill.

Knowing nothing about this case, beyond the brief bits of this video that I watched, did it really become an issue by the media? I'd expect that it would - the media is hungry for any story to feed to the 24-hours news cycle, but I'm just trying to figure out what the angle was?

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 12:11:30 AM »
Is there any substantial changes?
I mean separate lockers for different sexes has been a standard for a long time.

What about openly gay men and women? Should they have their own showers etc.

I mean of course they can use the ones before and not be aroused. I could propably do it in a ladies side.
But I would be definetely checking around whats on the menu...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 12:13:51 AM »
Maybe the 3% of the population that is gay could just stfu and try to blend in?  ???

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 01:22:35 AM »
Maybe the 3% of the population that is gay could just stfu and try to blend in?  ???

I'm curious how you want them to blend in, exactly? What, specifically, should they do?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 01:41:59 AM »
I'm curious how you want them to blend in, exactly? What, specifically, should they do?

Whatever it was that they did prior to the 1960's.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 01:47:39 AM »

Hide in fear?  Sorry.  Ain't going to happen

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 01:53:17 AM »

I take it you have a similar opinion about Americans of color? If you don't, then what is the difference between skin color and sexual orientation?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 03:23:28 AM »
I take it you have a similar opinion about Americans of color? If you don't, then what is the difference between skin color and sexual orientation?

I'm not arguing that anyone should be oppressed. I'm just not sure sexual orientation should be so disproportionately empathized and even propagandized. Lets focus our attention as a Nation on something worthwhile.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 03:30:14 AM »
Hide in fear?  Sorry.  Ain't going to happen

Settle down Gloria, you have nothing to fear...

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 04:38:58 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh Wtf wad that..... ???

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 05:09:26 AM »
Should have been drafted by the Green Bay fudgepackers.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 05:12:22 AM »

That's right man - those jocks are all losers. If they weren't fags they wouldn't have best me up and called me a big eared pussy.  You play any sports TA??   Didn't think so

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 05:21:05 AM »
He won't do well in the league. Sorry Vince

That depends on training camp.  He'll have to get a little stronger and bring up the speed a bit.  But that's generally the case for any player.  College players will have to adapt to playing in a more brutal landscrape
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 05:40:01 AM »
Be prepared for the flood of accusations of homophobia if he doesn't make it in the NFL.
A

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 06:57:15 AM »
Tweener. Too small for a DE. Not fast enough for a LB. Might make it as a situational pass rusher and special teams.