Author Topic: Michael Sam....Drafted to the St Louis Rams  (Read 17214 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Michael Sam....Drafted to the St Louis Rams
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2014, 10:44:58 AM »
His career is all but over. No one in the mainstream is making this about his career in football. It's total bullshit. The only ones making this about football is the NFL and his coaches and hopefully most of his teammates.

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2014, 10:54:14 AM »
Is Kai the 1st in the ifbb to openly fuck a grapefruit. Ill be the first npc competitor to openly have used a fleshlight. I think these two ground breaking moments in where we put our shafts should be also covered by espn..

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2014, 11:07:55 AM »
He won't earn a spot on the roster once the preseason is over. He's simply not that good. He's a defensive end trying to convert to an outside linebacker on the pro level. He's not that fast, he's strength is not pro level. His hips aren't fluid when changing direction and covering RB's out of the backfield. He was exposed of this at the senior bowl.

This novelty of him being the first openly gay player will wear off fast. He slid to the 7th round not only because no team wants to deal with this public relations nightmare, but also because most teams don't think he's good enough to play at the pro level.

His only chance of making a 45 man roster is to play his ass off on special teams. Learn to block like a maniac or avoid blocks while streaking downfield.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2014, 11:38:22 AM »
"VIDEO: 'I SHOULD HAVE GONE' IN THE FIRST THREE ROUNDS"

"Let me tell you something, if we were playing the Vikings right now, I'd probably have three sacks the first game"

"Can Michael Sam play football? Yes, I can, and the St. Louis Rams know I can."

Dude was terrible at the combine and too small for his position in the NFL.  He kicked ass in college, but so did a lot of players.  You need to be taller and stronger and faster to be in the NFL.

I think it kinda sours the awesome moment of entering the NFL, by complaining "I should have been drafted higher".  I'm sure every player feels that way.  A lot of people had him barely getting drafted, based upon his combine performance.  His body isn't what scouts want - they want taller, faster and WAY stronger.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
He won't earn a spot on the roster once the preseason is over. He's simply not that good. He's a defensive end trying to convert to an outside linebacker on the pro level. He's not that fast, he's strength is not pro level. His hips aren't fluid when changing direction and covering RB's out of the backfield. He was exposed of this at the senior bowl.

This novelty of him being the first openly gay player will wear off fast. He slid to the 7th round not only because no team wants to deal with this public relations nightmare, but also because most teams don't think he's good enough to play at the pro level.

His only chance of making a 45 man roster is to play his ass off on special teams. Learn to block like a maniac or avoid blocks while streaking downfield.

I agree with this 100%. You could see at the combine his athleticism wasn't that of the others. Hip were tight, very mechanical and flat footed in his 40, etc. But he was good enough to get the invite. He has potential and a good NFL coach will bring that out. It's about learning to play the game all over again at an elite level. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2014, 11:47:12 AM »
I agree with this 100%. You could see at the combine his athleticism wasn't that of the others. Hip were tight, very mechanical and flat footed in his 40, etc. But he was good enough to get the invite. He has potential and a good NFL coach will bring that out. It's about learning to play the game all over again at an elite level.  

Mike & Mike pondered this... The Rams might have a hard time cutting him - even though it's pretty common to cut a 7th round draft without an NFL body.   They think backlash might be too rough.  Even if his play is average, or the ego he's displaying, might disrupt the locker room.

dude is smart... he knows his talent isn't quite NFL... and he's managed to get Visa and a few other endorsements already, even without a spot on the roster yet.  All it takes is ONE alleged incident, one comment, one anything, and he can pull a "johnathan martin" and leave the team and open up a lawsuit.  

Mike and Mike thought it's gonna have potential for problems - he is using his own name in 3rd person, claiming he was underdrafted, claiming he'd have 3 sacks next week.  People would be throwing tomatoes if Johnny Manziel was bitching about being drafted too low, and if he claimed he would score 4 TDs on Steelers next week lol.  

This story will be a non-story if he can play.  But if he isn't good enough to make the team, he already seems to have that chip on his shoulder.  If he gets cut... and mike and mike agreed... it could get messy fast.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2014, 11:51:53 AM »
I'm sure Matthew Shepard and Brandon Teena, and all the other nameless gay men and lesbians that have been brutally murdered, were not "in fear" as they were, or about to be, beaten to death.  Prior to the birth of the gay rights movement in 1969, it was common in every city in the U.S. for the police to simply go into gay bars and arrest everyone.  Just for them being there.

Baloney. Tell that to all the religious political organizations, and especially the Republican Party.  The Republican Party, at all levels, local, state, and federal, have fought against every single piece of gay equality legislation for more than 35 years.  Just today, a Republican state senator in Arkansas wants to impeach the judge who ruled their state's marriage ban unconstitutional.  And the Republicans sure want to tell women what to do with their bodies, when it comes to pregnancy.  And I am also sure the Republicans would lead the way on de-criminalizing anabolic steroids.  So much for individual freedom.

Until LBGT Americans have full equality, the media and "shoving it down the throats" will continue.  Once gay marriage is legal in all 50 states, the issue of gay marriage will never be discussed again.  When the next openly gay college football player is drafted, him being gay will barely be mentioned.  Until those days come, we will be having this public discussion.

I wonder if the timing was intentional.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2014, 11:54:34 AM »
Is Kai the 1st in the ifbb to openly fuck a grapefruit. Ill be the first npc competitor to openly have used a fleshlight. I think these two ground breaking moments in where we put our shafts should be also covered by espn..
Lol the moments sport was advanced 100 years overnight.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2014, 11:56:52 AM »
I know the media is eating it up. I've had to change the homepage on my internet browser. Every time MSN opens it highlights the "kiss heard round the world."
S

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2014, 11:59:34 AM »
I know the media is eating it up. I've had to change the homepage on my internet browser. Every time MSN opens it highlights the "kiss heard round the world."

MSN?  Is it still 1998?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2014, 12:05:54 PM »

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2014, 12:10:19 PM »

If you're straight, great. If you're gay great. I don't care. Live your life, pursuing happiness and being a good person, keep others out of your bedroom and stay out of theirs.

P.S.: Joe, I think that I just collapsed your entire world-view, such as it is, by agreeing with you. The implications of this are monumental.

+1 spot on.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »
Whatever it was that they did prior to the 1960's.

Lmfao... ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2014, 12:14:41 PM »
Mike & Mike pondered this... The Rams might have a hard time cutting him - even though it's pretty common to cut a 7th round draft without an NFL body.   They think backlash might be too rough.  Even if his play is average, or the ego he's displaying, might disrupt the locker room.

dude is smart... he knows his talent isn't quite NFL... and he's managed to get Visa and a few other endorsements already, even without a spot on the roster yet.  All it takes is ONE alleged incident, one comment, one anything, and he can pull a "johnathan martin" and leave the team and open up a lawsuit.  

Mike and Mike thought it's gonna have potential for problems - he is using his own name in 3rd person, claiming he was underdrafted, claiming he'd have 3 sacks next week.  People would be throwing tomatoes if Johnny Manziel was bitching about being drafted too low, and if he claimed he would score 4 TDs on Steelers next week lol.  

This story will be a non-story if he can play.  But if he isn't good enough to make the team, he already seems to have that chip on his shoulder.  If he gets cut... and mike and mike agreed... it could get messy fast.

It's all about the dollars in the NFL, the rest is just conversation. If he isn't good enough, he's gone...simple as that. His play in training camp and during preseason games will tell the story.

It won't get messy if he's cut because of subpar play. The film doesn't lie.

The fact that he's quoted as saying that he should've been drafted in the first 3 rounds is a bad sign. That indicates that he'll be in denial over being released over poor play and file a lawsuit against the Rams like the twink that he is.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »
I dont care if the dude is gay, but i sure as hell didnt want to see him kiss his little twink manlet on tv and sure as fuck didnt need to see them snowballing cake bukkakiing each other

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2014, 12:25:12 PM »

I agree with that video. But here we are again making it about an agenda instead of football. BTW, of you're kids were raised right you shouldn't have to discuss anything.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2014, 02:07:23 PM »
Sam says he would have been drafted higher if not gay. I think he would have been overlooked and not drafted if not being in the spotlight for being gay.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »
Sam says he would have been drafted higher if not gay. I think he would have been overlooked and not drafted if not being in the spotlight for being gay.

He fell in about right where he should be. I contend that if he wasn't an SEC All-American and co-defensive player of the year he wouldn't be there at all. But he was a good college player. He's a D-end for God's sake.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »

If he really thought that he would have kept his mouth shut and tried to cash bigger checks.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2014, 02:48:52 PM »

That right there tells me that he'll sue the Rams if he's released before the season starts. He won't accept that he couldn't make the roster based on merit but rather he was released because he was gay. Total bullshit. He's already planting his seeds.

I can only imagine the stink he would have caused if he didn't get drafted at all.

Ugh...the everyday media coverage on this guy through training camp and preseason is going to make me nauseous

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2014, 02:56:42 PM »
He'll prob sue over locker room banter. You know the rams will have a meeting with the team before he gets there and tell them to act normal.. I'd be walking around stark naked and bragging about my conquest then sue him for sexual harassment

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »

Ugh...the everyday media coverage on this guy through training camp and preseason is going to make me nauseous

It will even be worse here in Stl where I live.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2014, 03:04:35 PM »
^^ haha

SquatsRule