Author Topic: Single dads of GB  (Read 4987 times)

nhwood

• Getbig II
Re: Single dads of GB
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 11:34:46 AM »
Wow sounds like some of y'all got screwed over.  I divorced over year ago after 8 crap years of marriage and my Son recently turned 6 he is always be first priority in my life.

I have in Texas a standard possession agreement but slightly modified,  Every Tuesday 4pm-8pm, every Thursday 4pm-8pm, 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekends starting Friday 5pm-Sun 8pm.  Also She has agreed to let him stay with me on my weekends Thur-Sun (that's not official just something worked out on the side).  We split holidays depending on odd or even years and every summer he is with me from July1st-30th. 

Also she has a job where she has to be there at 7am so I get to pick him and take him to school every day, also I coach his rec sports so I get "bonus days" on game days.

This all happens because I work/train/live within 5 miles of his house.  I do pay child support at $1000 per month and medical $200 per month (thanks Obama).

growing lad

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 12:11:14 PM »
what did this woman do to deserve this cruel unusual punishment

She has a drug habit and doesn't work. Dont actually want her anywhere near my child but allow her the one afternoon a week. I agree this is very unusual but if the mother can't provide a stable home for the child we are the next best thing.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 12:11:39 PM »
Must be different where you live but doesnt getting custody and legal guardianship mean that the child lives with you either full or part time?

I'm Irish. You are right that there is no point in bearing a grudge. I dumped her after cheating with some slag then went off with another woman, I was hardly an angel. She always said if we broke up it wouldn't affect me seeing my son but you can't legislate for how you will feel in that situation.

As for legal guardianship, it just gives you a legally recognised role in the child's life. The situation here is a joke. Even though I was at the birth (remember not with her at this stage) she didn't put me as the father on birth certificate cos she was pissed off I was with some girl. She was allowed to do this with impunity. I rectified this but any time I pushed for guardianship while we went out it was taken as me seeking an exit strategy from the relationship.

Fathers have NO rights in Ireland... none and what pisses me off the most is they are trying to introduce legislation to allow same sex couples to adopt. For fuck sake, give biological fathers rights before you even look at that bollox.

My experience is that it is best for the child, and that's who is most important, if everyone gets along or at least treats each other civilly. Son is 9 years old now and doesn't even remember that I went out with his mother so he is obviously unaffected by events at the time.

growing lad

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »
Nice job

When do you go clubbing ???

:P

;D no more clubbing for this getbigger. Once my daughters 18 ill go back to the clubs, hopefully shel have some fit mates. I'll only be 39 :)

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 12:31:41 PM »
If you guys can agree to always live in the same school district and split visitation 50/50 great. And it will be cheap

However...If not she better be a bi-polar crack whore of which you will need to prove it preferably with video in most states for you to get primary custody of your child(ren).

If you have multiple kids, you stand less chance of winning primary custody.

If you have a daughter, you stand less chance of winning.

If you have a son, OVER the age of 12 and he (via Guardian ad Litem) expresses his wish to live with you ...you have a chance.

It will be expensive as well. Plan on spending $25-45k easily.

I was a single dad of my daughter long time ago before meeting my wife. My daughters mom abandon her for 3 years. Sounds like a slam dunk huh?

Nope.

It still cost me $25k to get primary custody because she came back and decided she wanted to be a mom and get her daughter back. In addition, I was ordered by the Judge (female)to get a full psychological test done and I had to take (and bring proof I took) Anger Management classes, Parenting classes and First Aid / CPR Class. No shit. My Lawyer said if my sister and mother didn't live so close and had a serious impact / involvement in my daughters life I could have lost. Says she see's this shit all the time. Shit mothers getting custody and judges thinking a man could never raise a kid alone, especially a girl.

I won custody but also had to agree to send my daughter to a "counselor" once a week for a year to help deal with the trauma of her mother coming back in her life or lack there of. That cost $100 a week.

Happy to say not but 6 months after all this her "mother" move to Texas far far away and I raised a well adjusted, well mannered 14yr old young lady.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2014, 12:56:18 PM »
If you guys can agree to always live in the same school district and split visitation 50/50 great. And it will be cheap

However...If not she better be a bi-polar crack whore of which you will need to prove it preferably with video in most states for you to get primary custody of your child(ren).

If you have a son, OVER the age of 12 and he (via Guardian ad Litem) expresses his wish to live with you ...you have a chance.

I was a single dad of my daughter long time ago before meeting my wife. My daughters mom abandon her for 3 years. Sounds like a slam dunk huh?

Nope.

It still cost me $25k to get primary custody because she came back and decided she wanted to be a mom and get her daughter back. In addition, I was ordered by the Judge (female)to get a full psychological test done and I had to take (and bring proof I took) Anger Management classes, Parenting classes and First Aid / CPR Class. No shit. My Lawyer said if my sister and mother didn't live so close and had a serious impact / involvement in my daughters life I could have lost. Says she see's this shit all the time. Shit mothers getting custody and judges thinking a man could never raise a kid alone, especially a girl.

I won custody but also had to agree to send my daughter to a "counselor" once a week for a year to help deal with the trauma of her mother coming back in her life or lack there of. That cost $100 a week.

Happy to say not but 6 months after all this her "mother" move to Texas far far away and I raised a well adjusted, well mannered 14yr old young lady.

Fair play to you, the system is a joke but gets fuck all attention from the media. Most broadcasters are too liberal to see how female biased the system is or are married so never know the reality of single parenthood.

The mother should be forced to pay maintenance in your situation. You took on the responsibility of raising the child so she should have to compensate you.

Funny thing is it worked out for me that she moved away because that gave me the right to initiate proceedings where she lived. Judge in district court here automatically grants access to mothers without listening to case - that would mean appeals and a drawn out and costly case.

When you've gone through this ordeal dead beat dads and the general perception that all dads not with the mother are dead beats pisses you off.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2014, 01:46:49 PM »
Im supposed to get $250 a month plus she must cover her on her insurance as well.....I've gotten $83 so far this year and she is in arrears for over $6,000  ::)

I make good money as does my wife so we aren't even sweating it. Anyone that has a teenager can tell you they eat more than $250 worth of food a month let alone all the other shit they need. Especially girls and all the products and shit they use.

That $25k was the best money I've ever spent. I don't regret it or a second. Fuck her.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2014, 01:53:18 PM »
Im supposed to get $250 a month plus she must cover her on her insurance as well.....I've gotten $83 so far this year and she is in arrears for over $6,000  ::)

I make good money as does my wife so we aren't even sweating it. Anyone that has a teenager can tell you they eat more than $250 worth of food a month let alone all the other shit they need. Especially girls and all the products and shit they use.

That $25k was the best money I've ever spent. I don't regret it or a second. Fuck her.

Reverse the tables and cops would be at your door with a court order to pay maintenance. Equality of peace.

Simple Simon

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2014, 01:55:08 PM »

Is he on GH and insulin?   ;D

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2014, 01:57:02 PM »
SHE plays rugby and takes judo so while no GH just yet, she does put down her fair share of food.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »
I have a 27yr old Daughter & now a grandson i have never met living in America, I live in England,
Her mother met an american service man and we split up,we were not married.
one day with out warning she disappeared along with my 2yr old daughter, it took me 9yrs to track her down. Have only seen my daughter a few times since then.
As for the mother she has gone on to have 6 kids 4 different men.

Met and married a woman 6yrs later 2 great son's after 18yrs of marriage she wants out,
she left & left my son's with me aged 7 & 12 at the time nearly 5yrs later now.
is / was hard going she had a very well paid job & the loss of income was devastating to us left behind.
she dose not contribute financially towards them here with me.
Plus my youngest has a very serious life threatening illness with psychosomatic problems mostly relating to his mother... as Much as i'd like to deal with a Few Issue's with her, For his health sake i have to keep the peace and we get along amicably.

Though life with my lads has been worth all the hardship. :)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »

Nope.

Wow

Why did you have to take anger management classes??? Didn't follow

Simple Simon

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 02:38:50 PM »
I have a 27yr old Daughter & now a grandson i have never met living in America, I live in England,
Her mother met an american service man and we split up,we were not married.
one day with out warning she disappeared along with my 2yr old daughter, it took me 9yrs to track her down. Have only seen my daughter a few times since then.
As for the mother she has gone on to have 6 kids 4 different men.

Met and married a woman 6yrs later 2 great son's after 18yrs of marriage she wants out,
she left & left my son's with me aged 7 & 12 at the time nearly 5yrs later now.
is / was hard going she had a very well paid job & the loss of income was devastating to us left behind.
she dose not contribute financially towards them here with me.
Plus my youngest has a very serious life threatening illness with psychosomatic problems mostly relating to his mother... as Much as i'd like to deal with a Few Issue's with her, For his health sake i have to keep the peace and we get along amicably.

Though life with my lads has been worth all the hardship. :)

Wow, thats some story, hats off mate.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2014, 02:43:17 PM »
Think we all know where this is going. Scorned women = bitches. Institutions are female-biased. We must fight back.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2014, 02:46:45 PM »
Wow, thats some story, hats off mate.

It's life, good & bad.
Thanks for some kind words.

is a always a risk posting any personal
stuff on Getbig.

Simple Simon

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »

It's life, good & bad.

stuff on Getbig.

Heavy doses of reality sometimes make people unsure how to respond.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »

It's life, good & bad.

stuff on Getbig.

Most here, with notable exceptions, know talking about kids is a no troll area. The getbig lifestyle is also conducive to a conveyor belt of pussy so many of us are in this situation  ;D ;D ;D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »
conveyor belt of pussy.!!! Ha

A classic line. 
 ;D

growing lad

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2014, 03:16:45 PM »

It's life, good & bad.

stuff on Getbig.

Good job. You sound like a decent human being and your boys will know who looked after them and who abandoned them and how hard it must of been when they have children of their own.

Get this back on track tho.. You look like shit hth :)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2014, 03:21:56 PM »
Wow sounds like some of y'all got screwed over.  I divorced over year ago after 8 crap years of marriage and my Son recently turned 6 he is always be first priority in my life.

I have in Texas a standard possession agreement but slightly modified,  Every Tuesday 4pm-8pm, every Thursday 4pm-8pm, 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekends starting Friday 5pm-Sun 8pm.  Also She has agreed to let him stay with me on my weekends Thur-Sun (that's not official just something worked out on the side).  We split holidays depending on odd or even years and every summer he is with me from July1st-30th. 

Also she has a job where she has to be there at 7am so I get to pick him and take him to school every day, also I coach his rec sports so I get "bonus days" on game days.

This all happens because I work/train/live within 5 miles of his house.  I do pay child support at $1000 per month and medical $200 per month (thanks Obama).
wtf 1000 dollars a month. Food clothes etc t l a kid cant be 1000dollars a month and you have the kid to, for a swede that sounds crazy.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
wtf 1000 dollars a month. Food clothes etc t l a kid cant be 1000dollars a month and you have the kid to, for a swede that sounds crazy.
[/quote

Jean Claude Van Damme's ex gouged him for $85k/month maintenance hence the reason he does Coors Light and Volvo ads now. Fucking ridiculous "maintenance" sums.

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »
Wow sounds like some of y'all got screwed over.  I divorced over year ago after 8 crap years of marriage and my Son recently turned 6 he is always be first priority in my life.

I have in Texas a standard possession agreement but slightly modified,  Every Tuesday 4pm-8pm, every Thursday 4pm-8pm, 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekends starting Friday 5pm-Sun 8pm.  Also She has agreed to let him stay with me on my weekends Thur-Sun (that's not official just something worked out on the side).  We split holidays depending on odd or even years and every summer he is with me from July1st-30th.  

This all happens because I work/train/live within 5 miles of his house.  I do pay child support at $1000 per month and medical $200 per month (thanks Obama).

That child has an equal amount of your blood running through his veins. This notion that as fathers we should be thankful for the limited time they are "allowed" with their children is outrageous. It`s a crock that the children are treated like a possession of the mother. Joint custody should be the standard unless there is extenuating circumstances. But as ignorant Americans, we will be more concerned about the impoverished women than the well being of the children. Can`t figure out why every generation is more messed up than the last...

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2014, 08:12:28 PM »
...I raised a well adjusted, well mannered 14yr old young lady.
This is what matters!

I live in scandinavia where father has fairly goog rights is divorce/separation issues.
Still these are the things one scales when thinking about leaving.

Nagging wife is a shit but is is worse than not living full time with your kids? Or all the other related crap?
Hardly.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2014, 08:17:37 PM »
Wow

Why did you have to take anger management classes??? Didn't follow

One of the judges conditions though I have no criminal history and served in the USMC. I think its cause her mom claimed I had a bad temper.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2014, 08:20:19 PM »
One of the judges conditions though I have no criminal history and served in the USMC. I think its cause her mom claimed I had a bad temper.
The judges always believe the mother's story over the father's. Even if she DOES have convictions or is on medication for mental problems.