Author Topic: Arnold has certainly shrunk over the years...  (Read 8201 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Arnold has certainly shrunk over the years...
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:33:46 PM »
Here is Arnold with GSP not too long ago.

GSP is 5'10.

"1"

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Arnold has certainly shrunk over the years...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 01:34:40 PM »
He's also changing sexual orientation as well, to go by that sweater and oversized ring. And the creepy older man getting too comfy with the younger man arm placement.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 01:35:38 PM »
I honestly think I would let Arnold bum fuck me if it meant I inherited his fortune. (No homo) (No Tbombz)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 01:35:58 PM »
He's also change sexual orientation as well, to go by that sweater and oversized ring. And the creepy older man getting too comfy with the younger man arm placement.

He has worn that ring for many years. The sweater looks like your average sweater to me.

"1"

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 01:36:43 PM »
He must have because Holyfield is 6'2" 1/2

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »
He must have because Holyfield is 6'2" 1/2

GSP is literally 5'10. So, Arnold has probably lost 4-5 inches over the last 2-3 decades.

"1"

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 01:38:03 PM »
He has worn that ring for many years. The sweater looks like your average sweater to me.

"1"

The rumour (speculation) is that he sold his soul to the devil and that ring is what gave him all his success. You see it in Pumping Iron too. So say the folks at bb.com...

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 01:38:32 PM »

"1"
You telling me you don't understand this?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 01:38:36 PM »
How does one shrink, something with the spine?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »
How does one shrink, something with the spine?

Gravity (that force that keeps your feet on the ground) takes hold, and the disks, or cushions between the bones in the spine, get compressed over time. The back bones, called vertebrae (say: VUR-tuh-bray), end up pressing closer together, which makes a person lose a little height and become shorter.

Another reason why some older people shrink is because of osteoporosis (say: oss-tee-oh-puh-RO-sis). Osteoporosis occurs when bone is broken down and not enough new bone material is made. Over time, bone is said to be lost because it's not being replaced. Bones become smaller and weaker and can easily break if someone with osteoporosis is injured.

Google why do old people... and you will laugh at the suggestions that come up before you can type shrink. Can't screenshot from this computer.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »
Had Arnold attempted to maintain his competition size like so many "ex" Pro's do, he probably wouldn't be with us today, or at the very least, he would be highly un-healthy and he would not have made all the cool movies he made after his competitive days were over.

Gotta commend him for NOT trying to make a comeback to the Mr.O Masters ~

Arnold has never lost his self-confidence, so obviously, it was NOT dependent upon how muscular he was in order to maintain that attitude.

How many others can say the same? It looks to me like a majority of the "ex" Pros are still trying to hang on by that thread.... former shadows of themselves.

I'm not sure I would have let myself go the way he did, but with all of his success and money, how would muscle content have made a difference? It's not like he was selling a supplement line or buying into a gym franchise. He doesn't come out at the Arnold Classic in a tank top....

the trainer

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »
I honestly think I would let Arnold bum fuck me if it meant I inherited his fortune. (No homo) (No Tbombz)

While you are waiting this guy will fuck you and give you $20.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 01:47:37 PM »
Had Arnold attempted to maintain his competition size like so many "ex" Pro's do, he probably wouldn't be with us today, or at the very least, he would be highly un-healthy and he would not have made all the cool movies he made after his competitive days were over.

Gotta commend him for NOT trying to make a comeback to the Mr.O Masters ~

Arnold has never lost his self-confidence, so obviously, it was NOT dependent upon how muscular he was in order to maintain that attitude.

How many others can say the same? It looks to me like a majority of the "ex" Pros are still trying to hang on by that thread.... former shadows of themselves.

I'm not sure I would have let myself go the way he did, but with all of his success and money, how would muscle content have made a difference? It's not like he was selling a supplement line or buying into a gym franchise. He doesn't come out at the Arnold Classic in a tank top....

Arnold used bodybuilding as a stepping stone to get in movies. Sure he enjoyed the pursuit of bodybuilding in and of itself, but he had clearly defined goals - be world champion bber, get in movies, be highest paid actor, go into politics, be king of the world. Last one won't happen but he accomplished all others.

Arnold also approached bbing as it should be approached. Yes, be huge and freaky, but retain aesthetics and refine your body to an ideal. Strangely, for all the grief he gets, Phil Heath has realised what his best look is and not tried to add size for the sake of it. Kai, the artist funnily enough, has lost sight of this. Modern pro bbing is the manifestation of mental illness and chemical warfare.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 01:48:27 PM »

;D ;D ;D I need that tank top in my life.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »

i see wes has fallen on hard times
T

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 01:54:18 PM »
Arnold has never been as tall as he used to be.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 01:56:28 PM »
i see wes has fallen on hard times

:D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 01:56:53 PM »
“Older adults can get shorter because the cartilage between their joints gets worn out and osteoporosis causes the spinal column to become shorter,” he says. “Adults can also lose lean muscle mass but gain fat. This is a condition called sarcopenia.”

"While we may not be able to control some changes to our body as we age, there are some habits we can change to prevent losing as many inches. These habits include slouching, a lack of physical activity, smoking, drinking alcohol or caffeine excessively, extreme dieting, taking steroids and poor nutrition."

http://www.uamshealth.com/?id=12264&sid=1

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 08:27:33 PM »
Arnold used bodybuilding as a stepping stone to get in movies. Sure he enjoyed the pursuit of bodybuilding in and of itself, but he had clearly defined goals - be world champion bber, get in movies, be highest paid actor, go into politics, be king of the world. Last one won't happen but he accomplished all others.

Arnold also approached bbing as it should be approached. Yes, be huge and freaky, but retain aesthetics and refine your body to an ideal. Strangely, for all the grief he gets, Phil Heath has realised what his best look is and not tried to add size for the sake of it. Kai, the artist funnily enough, has lost sight of this. Modern pro bbing is the manifestation of mental illness and chemical warfare.

EXACTLY.... How many times do we have to say that Arnold wanted out of bodybuilding at age 27? AGE 27 ?

The average dude turns pro at age  30 ....

The only reason he competed in Pretoria in 1975 (age 28) was because it was going to be filmed as a movie and he was the star in it .....

So forget about Arnold wanting to do the masters or anything  of that nature....

Had Hercules in NY (1970)  been a Blockbuster movie; he would've walked away from bodybuilding without winning the Mr.O  and not regretting it one single second.

WoooSSSHHHHHHYH    BeYEKE !

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 08:51:13 PM »
GSP is literally 5'10. So, Arnold has probably lost 4-5 inches over the last 2-3 decades.

"1"

I may have already said this in the past, but my daughter saw him when she interned in Sacramento and she said that I finally "dwarf" the Oak.  I still look up to him, but in the way any grown kid would a hero from their youth.

He was a genuine 6' 1.5" or more when he was a young man.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 08:53:01 PM »
I may have already said this in the past, but my daughter saw him when she interned in Sacramento and she said that I finally "dwarf" the Oak.  I still look up to him, but in the way any grown kid would a hero from their youth.

He was a genuine 6' 1.5" or more when he was a young man.

Indeed he was. The official measurer is a fixture here.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 09:10:24 PM »
In his peak he looked close to 6'2

Now probably 5'11/6 ft max

That's a big drop off in height

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 09:24:41 PM »
Indeed he was. The official measurer is a fixture here.
I would put him at no more than 5'10.5" based on that latest pic.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 09:30:26 PM »

Yeah, crazy as hell. I always thought the shrinking thing was bullshit, but how else do you explain this?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 09:31:39 PM »

Maybe GSP is actually 5'11 and not 5'10 ;D