Author Topic: Marco Rubio: I Don't Believe Humans Are Causing Climate Change  (Read 261 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Smart man.  I wish the rest of DC agreed with him.

Of all the states that stand to suffer from climate change, Florida is facing potentially the bleakest consequences. A New York Times report noted last week that global warming was already having an effect on everyday life, like leading to flooding on streets that never used to flood.

Meanwhile, a National Climate Assessment has named Miami as the city most vulnerable to damage from rising sea levels. While a Southeast Florida Regional Climate Compact paper warned that water in the area could rise by as much as two feet by the year 2060.

On Sunday, one of the state's U.S. senators, Marco Rubio (R), was pressed about the general subject of climate change, and despite the warnings outlined above, he argued that there was nothing lawmakers could or should do to reverse the climate trends (whose origins he also questioned).

"I do not believe that human activity is causing these dramatic changes to our climate the way these scientists are portraying it," Rubio said, according to excerpts released by ABC "This Week,"

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5305082?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Marco Rubio: I Don't Believe Humans Are Causing Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:18:30 AM »
Smart man.  I wish the rest of DC agreed with him.

Of all the states that stand to suffer from climate change, Florida is facing potentially the bleakest consequences. A New York Times report noted last week that global warming was already having an effect on everyday life, like leading to flooding on streets that never used to flood.

Meanwhile, a National Climate Assessment has named Miami as the city most vulnerable to damage from rising sea levels. While a Southeast Florida Regional Climate Compact paper warned that water in the area could rise by as much as two feet by the year 2060.

On Sunday, one of the state's U.S. senators, Marco Rubio (R), was pressed about the general subject of climate change, and despite the warnings outlined above, he argued that there was nothing lawmakers could or should do to reverse the climate trends (whose origins he also questioned).

"I do not believe that human activity is causing these dramatic changes to our climate the way these scientists are portraying it," Rubio said, according to excerpts released by ABC "This Week,"

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5305082?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

He makes some great points here, he just doesn't beleive what the scientists are selling. No matter the evidence, his feels tell him no.