Author Topic: Training with the lunk alarm  (Read 5567 times)

Purge_WTF

Re: Training with the lunk alarm
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 06:09:37 AM »
Love that vid.  ;D

One of my faves, alongside the Ron Paul supporters chasing that treasonous Neocon rat Sean Hannity through the streets.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »
I am still wondering how the fuck this has become quite succesful gym network. It is not about "normal" people and "gym rats" anymore. Hello, this is 2014, thanks to Crossfit every guy out there knows what "squat", "deadlift", "clean" and "mobility" is.  This shit is not a secret anymore, everyone knows they should squat and that they should squat ass to grass. So question is, who the fuck wants to be in the gym where you are virtually unable to exercise? Yelling and screaming may not be necessary or even desired but for fucks sake, grunting?!

My conclusion is that if you go to planet fitness you are a lazy guy who likes to fool himself he is doing something with his body because he "goes to the gym".

It's a gym owner's dream to have paying customers that never show up. No wear and tear.

Now imagine pandering to an entire demographic that pays and never shows up. It's genius.

Having a gym full of people that come 5x a week and beat the hell out of your equipment is a recipe for high monthly dues or bankruptcy. Or both.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »
Gyms are too expensive, though. I understand paying $400 a year for a Gold's with state-of-the-art equipment, but the average club isn't worth its price. They shunt the utilities and AC costs onto the client.

Planet Fitness is very affordable. That's what people want, except for hardcore lifters and men.

My gym is 2200 sq foot and almost all free weights. Hardcore atmosphere totally opposite of these corporate douche bag gyms. And I'm cheap $25 per month for 24/7 access. For me its not about the money its about giving us old school hardcore guys a place to train when and how we want to!!!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 04:41:17 PM »
I'm thinking about installing a "whiny ass bitch" alarm so when someone bitches about their pussy hurting it will go off!!!

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 06:06:03 PM »
One of my faves, alongside the Ron Paul supporters chasing that treasonous Neocon rat Sean Hannity through the streets.

Just looked that one up. Hadn't heard of that incident. Never really thought of Hannity as a bad guy. He's always been very critical of Obama. Very few of those in the media.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »
My gym is 2200 sq foot and almost all free weights. Hardcore atmosphere totally opposite of these corporate douche bag gyms. And I'm cheap $25 per month for 24/7 access. For me its not about the money its about giving us old school hardcore guys a place to train when and how we want to!!!

Not many gyms like that around, unfortunately. There needs to be a chain of hardcore gyms.

the trainer

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 06:50:06 PM »
Real hardcore gym these are the kind of places to train.

the trainer

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 06:51:12 PM »
When you see a sign like this you know you have arrived at the right place.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »

That's not the gym where I train :(

Purge_WTF

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 05:54:16 AM »
Just looked that one up. Hadn't heard of that incident. Never really thought of Hannity as a bad guy. He's always been very critical of Obama. Very few of those in the media.

He's very critical of whoever the Republican establishment tells him to be critical of. He's a GOP gigolo.