Author Topic: Firefighters I salute you!  (Read 2322 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Firefighters I salute you!
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:46:11 PM »
I have to admit that I was a big dick about firefighters in NYFD being called heroes for years after 9/11 but experiencing first hand what these men have been doing in San Diego with all of these wild fires I have nothing but 100% total respect and honor for what they do.  They are true men risking their lives to save others.

San Diego voted down a bill a couple years back to add $30 a year tax to help purchase more fire plans and copters, most areas that were hit by fires years ago voted it down.  yet these guys don't care about politics, they are out there risking their lives for complete strangers despite how cheap and disgusting they are.

I salute you and god bless

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Firefighters I salute you!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »
In big cities they have their share of hard work.

In most towns they sit on their asses and get paid $31/hr to basically make raunchy jokes and eat Subway.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 06:48:29 PM »
95 percent of forrest fires are set by unemployment fireman

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »

That too.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »
If you see what these guys are doing you get chills by seeing what a true alpha really is.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 06:51:01 PM »
now don't forget cops you have to salute them too

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 06:51:46 PM »
If you see what these guys are doing you get chills by seeing what a true alpha really is.

I went along on a couple of rides for apartment building fires.

Their equipment is designed for the heat. However there are cases where even their hats start to melt and if they stop crouching, their face can burn up.

Then there's the people who are turned into marshmallows and their body leaks onto the floor. There's hard business to deal with.

But it's not some everyday thing.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 06:52:24 PM »

Hell yeah. If it wasn't for them, who would be giving tickets to nurses and construction workers driving 21km over the limit on their way back from a 12 hour evening shift.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »
don't know if it's true but I will help spread it ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 06:55:15 PM »
Dont forget to salute your mailman, my little asian mailman knocked on my door with his blue suit and plastic hard helmet drenched in sweat barely able to carry that huge bag of mail from house to house in this 100 deg day

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 06:57:27 PM »
Dont forget to salute your mailman, my little asian mailman knocked on my door with his blue suit and plastic hard helmet drenched in sweat barely able to carry that huge bag of mail from house to house in this 100 deg day

He'll be out of a job within 10 years. They're firing letter carriers left and right here, because like USPS the mail service is bankrupt and kept floating with taxpayer $$$$.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »
From what I have heard, NYFD is notorious for stealing items from peoples homes.
X

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 07:58:51 PM »
From what I have heard, NYFD is notorious for stealing items from peoples homes.

Must be in their nature because apparently they clear 100k after 5 years.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/community/ff_salary_benefits_080106.shtml

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »
Oh yeah so alpha sitting on their ass all day and working out and drinking beers 99 pct of the time.

What a kiss ass thread

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 08:06:23 PM »
Must be in their nature because apparently they clear 100k after 5 years.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/community/ff_salary_benefits_080106.shtml

Yes they do nicely.
It takes NYC teachers 25 years to reach top pay ($125,000)
X

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 08:39:53 AM »
The men on the lines are AWSOME. The big bosses are suck ass and under the table idiots. Here in AZ we lost 19 brave young Hot Shots in the Yarnell disaster. A water truck contractor was driving by the lightning hit the evening before and saw the fire about "the size of a Buick" he said on TV later. " I work sometimes with the State Fire Dept and called the local Chief and told him that I am right here with enough water on board to drown it. He told me to STAND DOWN ITS OUR JURISDICTION".

I sold Wildlands fire trucks for over 40 years and have a little experience in this matter. I witnessed the attached demo of a dry application of retardant (planes drop it with water so it has gravity to pull it down otherwise the powder would blow it away)

Also shown are some amazing water tenders that double the water and distance of anything out there. A Chef standing next to me said "you guys trying to take away my overtime?". WOW. My friend got that attitude when ever he did the demo.

The big bosses LOVE fires. Grant money for new chrome toys.

Nuff said                         .

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 08:52:41 AM »

I live in the White Mountains of Arizona about a mile  from where the largest fire in our history was finally stopped. It was started by an Apache Fire Fighter who needed overtime. Later caught, confessed and serving life. 1/5 of the entire Arizona forest was charcoal. His brave brothers risked their lives for days along side local and State firefighters.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 06:03:44 PM »
Hell yeah. If it wasn't for them, who would be giving tickets to nurses and construction workers driving 21km over the limit on their way back from a 12 hour evening shift.

Yeah lol , When they're not catching deadly morning and evening speeders in middle class neighborhoods they are enjoying the finer things in life like tasing the elderly or assassinating mentally challenged junkies in the hood .. We need to salute them for keeping us safe from these people LOL ... Seen any speed traps on Jupiter Island lately?

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 06:27:11 PM »
I am on the rescue squad here and have had to go into the woods and fight a fire, it can get bad really fast. When all the ground around you is charred black and the smoke is hanging in the woods it looks like a war zone.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »
Also, with the ridiculous heat wave, they're working in 90-100 degree temperatures  :o  

Mask, air tanks, boots, heavy coat and gear fighting a huge fire in 100F... brutal !

I lived there for almost 10 years and do not ever remember it being 100F in the coastal cities in mid-May.  Very strange.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »
Also, with the ridiculous heat wave, they're working in 90-100 degree temperatures  :o  

Mask, air tanks, boots, heavy coat and gear fighting a huge fire in 100F... brutal !

I lived there for almost 10 years and do not ever remember it being 100F in the coastal cities in mid-May.  Very strange.

Its a repeat of 1956 in So Cal.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 07:16:49 PM »
I hear Kulco had a brutal hamstring and shoulder workout today at the gym , almost didnt hit the cardio because of it

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 06:51:18 PM »
I am on the rescue squad here and have had to go into the woods and fight a fire, it can get bad really fast. When all the ground around you is charred black and the smoke is hanging in the woods it looks like a war zone.

Hahahaha

Fighting fires is like "being in a war zone" oh brother  ::)

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »
Hahahaha

Fighting fires is like "being in a war zone" oh brother  ::)

You really dont know what youre talking about.

The dudes who fight the wildfires in california are badasses.

scary shit.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 07:07:39 PM »
only a dead one. They beat an homeless guy again for not having proper respect. Fuck pigs