Author Topic: What's best: To work out sparingly at top performance every time, or more often?  (Read 6292 times)

thebrink

• Getbig V
MAX. Dont waste your time and energy w half measures as with anything in life

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
I train to suit how I feel. Sometimes I train heavy and hard, sometimes I just go through the motions but I always make up the workouts. Have shoulder injury now so it restricts upper body training, just pussy foot through half my body parts (cables, machines etc) but increase volume and decrease rest to feel it.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
if people actually gained muscle from working out then they wouldnt need steroids

so thus

that being said it doesnt matter how hard or how relaxed your training sessions are
A

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
how would you work out at peak performance and at the same time work out more frequently than where you are at peak performance

the body becomes as efficient as you train it to be. if you dont think you can perform at max levels, more frequently, then you will never achieve it.

b

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
the body becomes as efficient as you train it to be. if you dont think you can perform at max levels, more frequently, then you will never achieve it.

you cant keep gaynign and gayning muscle either why fool ones self all of there adult lives
A

no one

• Getbig V
you cant keep gaynign and gayning muscle either why fool ones self all of there adult lives

tell that to ultra marathoners.

they put their bodies thru feats of endurance that would kill a normal person, or severly damage their organs if they could manage to override physical pain and continue to race that is.

b

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I always get stronger bigger when I start doing everything (or at least upper body) 3 times a week but usually after a month my joints start to hurt and I have to scale it back

I'm thinking of doing something where I hit everything 3 times a week for one week, then 2 times the 2nd week, then one time the third week (adjusting so that the weekly volume remains about the same) and then start over

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
tell that to ultra marathoners.

they put their bodies thru feats of endurance that would kill a normal person, or severly damage their organs if they could manage to override physical pain and continue to race that is.

me telling them or you wont change you, people get great pleasure in attempting to gayn muscle even if they arent gayning, you and they enjoy the 'ride' even if its just a ride, its far too familiar to let go now after all these years
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I always get stronger bigger when I start doing everything (or at least upper body) 3 times a week but usually after a month my joints start to hurt and I have to scale it back

I'm thinking of doing something where is hit everything 3 times a week for one week, then 2 times the 2nd week, then one time the third week (adjusting so that the weekly volume remains about the same) and then start over
wo ww wow you must look increadebly huyyoge , always getting stronger and bigger w wooow
A

mazrim

• Getbig V
Depending on how you look at it peak performance could be as simple as feeling the muscle work each workout no matter what weight is used, etc. That's the way I look to make sure to do it with the added frequency. I may not necessarily lift more but to always feel the muscle flexing/working properly is "peak".

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Depending on how you look at it peak performance could be as simple as feeling the muscle work each workout no matter what weight is used, etc. That's the way I look to make sure to do it with the added frequency. I may not necessarily lift more but to always feel the muscle flexing/working properly is "peak".

got damn are you drunk is that how you measure peak peformance really? thats actually a non definite way you described you drunk bastard
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
wo ww wow you must look increadebly huyyoge , always getting stronger and bigger w wooow

stronger and bigger ( or arghhh!!!)

there is something going on in your body when you lift big weights on a daily basis or something similar

I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out

there is a reason why Olympic weightlifters train multiple times per day and multiple times per week

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent

Why are almost everyone on getbig so damn predictable in their answers?

I know you can push the max performance frequency to a certain extent. But is it beneficial to go beyond this in frequency. That all I was asking.

NI_Muscle

• Getbig II
This natural appears to thrive on a relatively low frequency:

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
This natural appears to thrive on a relatively low frequency:

nice...he Looks good and lifts a very good weight. his form is good too. Not really sure about the shrug exercise but the Deads and squats look spot on. Maybe doing conventional shrugs he canīt overload his traps enough / or his grip gives out...what ever the case he is doing a great Job. good find.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Only time i saw These shrugs like he did was on a Multi gym flat machine press. But not often, only once or twice but maybe a good move for us all to try.

NI_Muscle

• Getbig II
nice...he Looks good and lifts a very good weight. his form is good too. Not really sure about the shrug exercise but the Deads and squats look spot on. Maybe doing conventional shrugs he canīt overload his lats enough / or his grip gives out...what ever the case he is doing a great Job. good find.

What caught my attention was that he trains each body part once every 12 days or so - on a 4 way split. 

He does however do a sensible amount of volume (ie not 1 set to failure) but 4-6 working sets per muscle group.

Unlike some of the more extreme HIT type routines eg one workout every 12 days or so - using a 4 way split such as this spread over a 12 day period would maybe serve to ensure that no de-conditioning effect would set in.

Here he is putting his theory out there for discussion on another site:

http://www.exrx.net/Questions/TrainingFrequency.html

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
very good find .. i think it makes good sense what he wrote. Still it echos to a degree what i wrote on another thread.."intensity" is key.. frequency follows as a natural Progression.

no one

• Getbig V
Why are almost everyone on getbig so damn predictable in their answers?

I know you can push the max performance frequency to a certain extent. But is it beneficial to go beyond this in frequency. That all I was asking.

how do you expect ot improve if you dont push past barriers, or set points?
b

bigmc

• Getbig V
how do you expect ot improve if you dont push past barriers, or set points?

i train as hard as i can every time i go to the gym

some times it aint there sometimes it is

but i always try and do better than last time

otherwise whats the point
T

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Give it 25 years... Then get back to us. I didn't have issues either during my hey day. And 25 years of training is not a Getbig exaggeration... It's literal. Getting old is a fucking bitch.

I train very hard 2x a week, and at 80% the other 2x a week.  Alternate which days you "kill it".

If you're going 1000% on chest day, I mean total fcking failure, 25-30 sets, hit every angle, wreck it... you can't really be ready for back day in 22 hours.    at least not at 37 years old lol.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III

Yep.

I have found this to be true, just recently.

TELL your body what you want. USUALLY it will respond.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
I do whatever I feel like that day, so sometimes it's lots of light sets and other days it's just a few heavy ones.

Do you know how much more muscle I would have if I went Hardcore all the time? absolutely none. My priority is minimizing the injuries I got from training Hardcore in my twenties and early 30s

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher

wow bro you are nailing the posts as of late. This is motivating on so many levels, fearless strong minded attitude. It's what takes you to the next level,  8)

cephissus

• Getbig V
falcon telling it how it is in this thread