Author Topic: 30k per year per student - 83% not proficient in reading in Wash DC schools  (Read 1540 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Not the least bit surprised.  I would recommend anyone interested in the subject of rising education costs read the book, Bad Students, Not Bad Schools.

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Students-Not-Schools/dp/141281345X

Common Core is going to make the situation worse.   

A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
A lot of these little brats in these schools need to be treated like its boot camp.  Need to get rid of the teachers' unions etc and drop the hammer on these punks  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
What would u know about boot camp? As has already been established, u never served a day in the military.

IDK - maybe they might actually turn out better than I did?   ;D

RRKore

• Getbig IV
IDK - maybe they might actually turn out better than I did?   ;D

Lol.   One of them there "moments of clarity", eh?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
you get in what you put out.

I'd love to see CT vs DC kindergarten entry scores ;)

Kids enter very low, with low parents... you an throw $ at it to keep kids from dropping out, but you can only rise so much.

this DC example is very old news.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
you get in what you put out.

I'd love to see CT vs DC kindergarten entry scores ;)

Kids enter very low, with low parents... you an throw $ at it to keep kids from dropping out, but you can only rise so much.

this DC example is very old news.

Problem students are rustled up when official student counts are to be turned in for funding assessment.   Once the totals are collected and submitted, the school administration doesn't care if the kids attend class regularly because they recieved money for that student.  Ive seen this happen repeatedly. 
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Problem students are rustled up when official student counts are to be turned in for funding assessment.   Once the totals are collected and submitted, the school administration doesn't care if the kids attend class regularly because they recieved money for that student.  Ive seen this happen repeatedly. 

epic The Wire storyline.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
epic The Wire storyline.

Never seen the show
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Never seen the show

It's an HBO program.  I have the DVD set.  5 seasons.  very cool look at police work, drug dealers, school system, city infrastructure, media, and how it all works together.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Never seen the show

You are missing out, then.  Seriously.