Author Topic: ‘Is this a joke?’ College ‘camel fiasco’ sparks mockery of PC cops, exposes real  (Read 1742 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I..ah..hmmmm..uh...serio usly lefties what the fuck is wrong with you people.

http://twitchy.com/2014/05/16/is-this-a-joke-college-camel-fiasco-sparks-mockery-of-pc-cops-exposes-real-racists/#.U3ZSAt9OHtg.twitter

Nope. It’s not a joke:

Students at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota have cancelled an event to celebrate the end of the year after complaints that bringing a camel on campus could offend those of Middle Eastern cultures.

The “Hump Day” event, put on by the Residence Hall Association (RHA), was supposed to be “a petting zoo type of atmosphere” in which students could hang out and take photos with a live camel. According to Aaron Macke, the group’s advisor, the camel is owned by a local vendor and trained for special events.

But the event was subsequently cancelled after students took to Facebook to proclaim their concerns. The students said they were concerned about the money spent on bringing the camel to campus—around $500—and the implication that it would be racially insensitive to Middle Eastern cultures.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: ‘Is this aof PC cops, exposes real
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »
Typical college communists

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
So let me get this straight...

If I go to another country, and they happen to have a replica of an animal common in the US on display at a college, I'm supposed to be "offended"? Like if there's an Angus steer, bald eagle, or Labrador retriever, it's somehow "insensitive" to Americans?

Or is it only those from other countries or descended from other countries who are in America who have the "right" to be offended by animals common to their native lands, and only people in the US who are capable of being offensive when this is done?
A

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
Why are we sensitive to these savages' whims?  If you go to Saudi Arabia, they wouldn't give two shits about your views and religious needs.  Death is the lack of logic...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Why are we sensitive to these savages' whims?  If you go to Saudi Arabia, they wouldn't give two shits about your views and religious needs.  Death is the lack of logic...

To whom are you referring as "savages?" You do realize there were no actual complaints from offended parties, just concern by the organizer who feared the event could inadvertently lead to causing offence. Considering your comment, it appears the organizer's concerns while seeming overly cautious at first blush, weren't so far fetched after all.
w

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
There is a chilling of free speech in place when it comes to Islam.   I was speaking generally.  No matter how hard you (24KT) TRY to sound intelligent, the manner by which you arrive at your conclusion proves that you are devoid of logic.

To whom are you referring as "savages?" You do realize there were no actual complaints from offended parties, just concern by the organizer who feared the event could inadvertently lead to causing offence. Considering your comment, it appears the organizer's concerns while seeming overly cautious at first blush, weren't so far fetched after all.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
There is a chilling of free speech in place when it comes to Islam.   I was speaking generally.  No matter how hard you (24KT) TRY to sound intelligent, the manner by which you arrive at your conclusion proves that you are devoid of logic.

I don't really disagree with you but it still sounds funny to hear a guy who just referred to Muslims (all of them?) as "savages" complain about the lack of free speech when it concerns Muslims.  What next?  Porch monkeys too sensitive these days, too? lol

OTH, the guy who just won the NY Pro show could rightfully be described as a "savage"...and I mean that in a good way. ;D

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
ANY practitioner of a religion which treats women as second class citizens and stones and hangs gays is not looked upon favorably by me.  We deal with Islam with kid gloves yet consider anyone who doesn't agree with gay marriage as a neanderthal.  Let's just be consistent and call Islam out.

I don't really disagree with you but it still sounds funny to hear a guy who just referred to Muslims (all of them?) as "savages" complain about the lack of free speech when it concerns Muslims.  What next?  Porch monkeys too sensitive these days, too? lol

OTH, the guy who just won the NY Pro show could rightfully be described as a "savage"...and I mean that in a good way. ;D

RRKore

• Getbig IV
ANY practitioner of a religion which treats women as second class citizens and stones and hangs gays is not looked upon favorably by me.  We deal with Islam with kid gloves yet consider anyone who doesn't agree with gay marriage as a neanderthal.  Let's just be consistent and call Islam out.

I agree with you except that I also think we should call Christians out, too.  Lots of goofy misogynistic BS in the bible.  And if you say, "Oh, but most Christians don't follow the goofy shit in the bible so they're OK", then you should be prepared to make a similar exception for Muslims that don't follow all the goofy shit in their religion.

Sample of goofy Christian shit:
Exodus 22:16-17 “If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride price for virgins."

Errr, WTF?