Author Topic: Eagles of Bettendorf  (Read 5906 times)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Eagles of Bettendorf
« on: May 16, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »
Long article but it gives a the history of a once legendary camp -MFS.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/13/5499090/the-eagles-of-bettendorf

Teasers

"I got him in like 40 submissions and I couldn't finish any of them, he was so strong. I actually put him in a guillotine, lifted him off the sheet, and ran him into the wall. He went limp and was unconscious for a second. I let go of the choke. He slumped down to his knees, woke up, and fricking power-doubled me all the way across the room, slammed me on my back, and kept going.

"Afterwards I said, ‘Okay, what are you on?’ Because there’s no way anybody can be this strong and not be on steroids. And he goes, ‘What do you mean?’ I said very bluntly, ‘What kind of fucking steroids are you taking?’ And he turns to me and gets angry and says, "That's an insult. I've never been on drugs in my life. Don't ever say that to me again.’ That's just the way he was. He was a naturally cock-strong farm boy with killer instincts."

---—
White caught on to what Cox had done, and became livid.

"Dana calls me back, ‘You guy, you’ll never do business again in this sport again, you think you can fuck with me? And I go, ‘Dana, if we don’t honor the contracts, why have contracts at all?’"

—---

"The funniest thing was a show that we call the Sioux City Slaughter," he says, remembering the carload of killers he drove out to Plymouth County. "I brought up Matt Hughes, Mark Hughes, Jens Pulver, Nate Schroeder, all good guys. The guy I was partnering with out there didn't even advertise the show. There was like 32 people in there. I am pleading with my guys to take it easy on theirs.

"First fighter comes out, Mark Hughes. Picks the guy up, body slams him, over -- eight seconds. Next fight was Jens. I go, ‘Jens, I need time. Help me out.’ Jens kicked the guy in the head, broke his nose, dropped him, done in 25 seconds. The next one went 17 seconds. We’d literally been gone for five minutes, and I only had four fights left.

"I told my wife, ‘Go get the car, take it around back, and get all the shit. We’re gonna get out of here!’ The next fight went 30 seconds. The one after that went about 50 seconds. During intermission, the next fighter comes to me and he says, ‘I don't think I want to fight.’ He's watching his guys get killed. I go, ‘You’re the smartest guy here.’ My guys just slaughtered them. Matt Hughes got paid 100 bucks for that. To this day, whenever I see him, he says, The Sioux ... City ... SLAUGHTER."

Enjoy ya bastichs