Author Topic: Being Old  (Read 7432 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Being Old
« on: May 18, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »
The thing about getting old is that those of us lucky enough to have lived a long time know that many people aren't so lucky. If you should be so lucky, you too will appreciate the journey. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, younger people today often will not live as long as their parents did nor ever be as successful. It's a real shame.

Simple Simon

Re: Being Old
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »
Absolutely. Had a Friday lunch with the gym gang. Mitch was there. He's 93. His hearing is now poor and he loses the thread of conversation, but shit - 93!? I won't be alive at that age. Much respect.  :)

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
What advice can you give me? i am 22 yo schmoe. thanks

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 12:58:46 PM »
I'm sensing a lot of "Get off of my lawn!" from you today.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »
The thing about getting old is that those of us lucky enough to have lived a long time know that many people aren't so lucky. If you should be so lucky, you too will appreciate the journey. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, younger people today often will not live as long as their parents did nor ever be as successful. It's a real shame.

The majority of younger people will live longer and be much more successful than their parents.

Now go find your nurse and have her put you back in your room you senile bedwetting old fuck!    ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 01:02:21 PM »

Find something more worthwhile to do with your life other then just being a schmoe.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 01:05:20 PM »
Kids these days...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 01:09:17 PM »
The majority of younger people will live longer and be much more successful than their parents.

Now go find your nurse and have her put you back in your room you senile bedwetting old fuck!    ;D

Recent statistics disagree, unfortunately.  http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/17/health/17obese.html?_r=0; http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130410082426.htm and this, "Millennials are also the first in the modern era to have higher levels of student loan debt, poverty and unemployment, and lower levels of wealth and personal income than their two immediate predecessor generations (Gen Xers and Boomers) had at the same stage of their life cycles." http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2014/03/07/millennials-in-adulthood/

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »

Bodybuilding/lifting is just something you do, it should be integrated into your life rather than vice versa. Sure, eat well and train but do not let it interfere with education, a career and close relationships.

Appreciate being young too, rather than worrying what you don't have look forward to what's in front of you.

Fuck all you can while you can.

Stay away from rec drugs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
Kids these days...

Just like always, there are kids who will go somewhere in life and there are some who will not. I'm pulling for my grandkids to be among those that are successful and lead meaningful lives as they mature into adulthood. Some of the challenges kids face today were created because of mistakes their predecessors made.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »
Recent statistics disagree, unfortunately.  http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/17/health/17obese.html?_r=0; http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130410082426.htm and this, "Millennials are also the first in the modern era to have higher levels of student loan debt, poverty and unemployment, and lower levels of wealth and personal income than their two immediate predecessor generations (Gen Xers and Boomers) had at the same stage of their life cycles." http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2014/03/07/millennials-in-adulthood/

That's because kids these days are coddled, spoiled, unaccountable, irresponsible, immature, lazy, bedwetting little Liberal twinks.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 01:41:09 PM »
That's because kids these days are coddled, spoiled, unaccountable, irresponsible, immature, lazy, bedwetting little Liberal twinks.

That's who the Baby Boomers (and their babies) raised. Folks rolling over in their graves.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 01:54:06 PM »
That's who the Baby Boomers (and their babies) raised. Folks rolling over in their graves.

Every Liberal college professor and politician should get a kick in the nuts or a punch in the fucking ovaries.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 01:56:58 PM »
Every Liberal college professor and politician should get a kick in the nuts or a punch in the fucking ovaries.

I'm sure you can appreciate the redundancy, my friend.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 02:05:31 PM »
I'm sure you can appreciate the redundancy, my friend.

Sitting in the turn lane for 5 minutes and they still have their blinker on....

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »

rofl

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 02:08:06 PM »

x2

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 02:11:23 PM »
Maybe the world doesn't need to have an ever growing population of human pricks

Try to see the positive in everything 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 02:19:30 PM »
Is this a suicide note?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »
Eat Green stuff .....Vegetables and salads.

Drink Red stuff .... Red wine.

Eat Chicken .... Breasts are best.

Brown rice is nice but red meat ain't neat.

Don't drink too much alcohol even if it's red stuff.

Don't smoke, don't drive too fast, and don't  talk on your cell phone at 65 mph.

Avoid temper tantrims.

Do everything and eat everything in moderation.

Take daily moderate runs or daily long walks.

Live your life the way YOU choose ....  otherwise you're a slave to nothing-ness.

And of course ... be kind to animals, your wife, your kids, and to fellow GetBiggers.

It's evident that some GetBiggers won't pass 55 but that should not be a problem.

By that age you should have done everything you planned to do when you were 18.

the trainer

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »
When I am old I am going to buy a house on the beach lift weights take my roids and fuck 18 year old pussy everyday.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 02:28:44 PM »
When I am old I am going to buy a house on the beach lift weights take my roids and fuck 18 year old pussy everyday.

cue some jealous hater to talk about how lonely and empty your life will be.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 02:36:10 PM »
Bodybuilding/lifting is just something you do, it should be integrated into your life rather than vice versa. Sure, eat well and train but do not let it interfere with education, a career and close relationships.

Appreciate being young too, rather than worrying what you don't have look forward to what's in front of you.

Fuck all you can while you can.

Stay away from rec drugs.

Wow, every once in awhile I hear rational good advice here and it shocks me in this waste land. I would add to that keep God in your life but the new liberal generation nothing doesn't believe in God.

Simple Simon

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 02:41:37 PM »
When I am old I am going to buy a house on the beach lift weights take my roids and fuck year old 18 ladyboys everyday.

[/quote

fixed