Author Topic: Toxic jerky has led to 1000 detahs  (Read 1040 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Toxic jerky has led to 1000 detahs
« on: May 19, 2014, 01:49:42 PM »
Toxic jerky treats linked to more than 1,000 dog deaths

More than 1,000 dog deaths may now be linked to toxic jerky treats, according to a recent update from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

The agency said that since 2007, there have been almost 5,000 complaints of pet illnesses related to the treats. The majority of the symptoms reported include gastrointestinal or liver disease, and about a third were linked to kidney and urinary disease. 

About 10 percent of the illnesses included other signs such as neurologic, dermatologic, and immunologic symptoms, and about 15 percent of the kidney and urinary disease cases also tested positive for Fanconi syndrome – a rare kidney disease also associated with the pet deaths.

The FDA is still unsure of the specific cause for the reported illnesses and deaths, but most cases reportedly occurred after the pets had eaten chicken, duck or sweet potato jerky treats imported from China. No specific brands were recalled in the FDA's latest release, but Dr. Jonathan Levine, an associate veterinarian at Blue Pearl Veterinary Partners in New York City, said owners should always check the labels of whatever foods they give their pets.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Toxic jerky has led to 1000 detahs
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
save $15 and feed'em hotdogs and bratwurst.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 05:33:09 AM »
Toxic jerky treats linked to more than 1,000 dog deaths

More than 1,000 dog deaths may now be linked to toxic jerky treats, according to a recent update from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

The agency said that since 2007, there have been almost 5,000 complaints of pet illnesses related to the treats. The majority of the symptoms reported include gastrointestinal or liver disease, and about a third were linked to kidney and urinary disease. 

About 10 percent of the illnesses included other signs such as neurologic, dermatologic, and immunologic symptoms, and about 15 percent of the kidney and urinary disease cases also tested positive for Fanconi syndrome – a rare kidney disease also associated with the pet deaths.

The FDA is still unsure of the specific cause for the reported illnesses and deaths, but most cases reportedly occurred after the pets had eaten chicken, duck or sweet potato jerky treats imported from China. No specific brands were recalled in the FDA's latest release, but Dr. Jonathan Levine, an associate veterinarian at Blue Pearl Veterinary Partners in New York City, said owners should always check the labels of whatever foods they give their pets.

Because shady Chinese companies always include "contains the unknown ingredient that is causing sickness and death in your silly American pets."

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 05:41:26 AM »
Moment I saw the headline, first thing to pop into my head was "China"

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 09:36:13 AM »
Moment I saw the headline, first thing to pop into my head was "China"
Big Trouble in Chinese food production and manufacturing processes.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 09:54:09 AM »
Big Trouble in Chinese food production and manufacturing processes.
China has shitting cars.