Author Topic: 205lb skull crushers  (Read 4084 times)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
205lb skull crushers
« on: May 19, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
Back in the day wen I worked at Manion's gym there was a mr Pa name bob s.

Big mofo. I used to have to spot him doing slow controlled to the bridge of the nose skull crushers w Olympic bar working his way up to 205. I used to have to lift the bar off the ground as he would lay on the flat bench.

Sob was strong. One year his heart stopped in a Chinese restaurant n the medics shocked him back to life between the won ton soup and pork fried rice.
The good ol days.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
Re: 205lb skull crushers
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »
Back in the day wen I worked at Manion's gym there was a mr Pa name bob s.

Big mofo. I used to have to spot him doing slow controlled to the bridge of the nose skull crushers w Olympic bar working his way up to 205. I used to have to lift the bar off the ground as he would lay on the flat bench.

Sob was strong. One year his heart stopped in a Chinese restaurant n the medics shocked him back to life between the won ton soup and pork fried rice.
The good ol days.

I read "back in the day" and instantly stopped reading your post. I have no idea what else it says. Combined with the topic title and that phrase, I knew it would be retarded. However, I did take the time to reply to tell you this so that you may refrain from being a fucking moron in the near future. Hope this helps.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 02:24:23 PM »
Pretty strong, but a straight bar is pretty taxing to the wrists. An olympic bench however, is a great setup for skulls when you lay on the bench with your legs under the bar.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 02:32:44 PM »
Pretty strong, but a straight bar is pretty taxing to the wrists. An olympic bench however, is a great setup for skulls when you lay on the bench with your legs under the bar.
Elbows. Used to do the Oly+45's and that did them. Be joint-smart kids.

the trainer

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 02:34:39 PM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 02:34:51 PM »
In college I would rep skullcrushers with as much as 265lbs on a cambered bar for 4-6 reps.....back then I know I could've done more, but I was scared to go for more.  I trained alone a lot.

Today I still throw up 225-235lbs for skullcrushers for as many 12 reps.

I've only seen less than a hanful of fellas in my life across all gyms I've trained at that can keep up with me on arm strength. 

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »
that's pretty much the heaviest I ever got to as well. Maybe that's why my right elbow has old man pointy elbow syndrome.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 02:36:13 PM »
In college I would rep skullcrushers with as much as 265lbs on a cambered bar for 4-6 reps.....back then I know I could've done more, but I was scared to go for more.  I trained alone a lot.

I've only seen less than a hanful of fellas in my life across all gyms I've trained at that can keep up with me on arm strength. 
if those r to the nose n not over the head then that is very impressive.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »
Ugh, guys. This one time, back in the day, when I was not a balding, fat, divorced schmoe posting on getbig, I did some heavy fucking skull crushers or some shit. It was cool. Wish you guys were there, or something. Cyber cred bumped. The end.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 02:40:52 PM »

That's Biblicaly strong. Even Peter would deny that strength (3x).    ;D  

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 02:43:59 PM »

'joint-smart', well said.
Elbows or wrists, everyone has their own weak area.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 03:05:16 PM »
That's Biblicaly strong. Even Peter would deny that strength (3x).    ;D   

LOL!!! Nice.

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 03:32:55 PM »
A guy i used to work out with back in 89gregg duncan 5'8 used to do them with 275 on olympic bar.He.weighed 250lbs.with abs that was unheard of back then.we used to get the muscle mags and he would be bigger than whoever was on cover.Dont know what he did for drugs but he didnt have a job and i knew the gorl he was dating(thats another story)and he bumb money from her .She stopped dating him cause he was a drunk and i mean a real drunk and i know he used valum heavily.i always wondered why he coulnt make it to the gym before 1pm.There was another guy at the gym that seen gregg a few years before this at U.F.and said gregg used to be About 40lbs bigger.I asked gregg about it one day and he said they used to get G.H. from the school lab of course didnt give details.He also showed me a picture of a contest he won that dexter was in granted dex was a lightweight just starting out.He was only around about 8 months heard he got in a car accident.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 05:10:26 PM »
A guy i used to work out with back in 89gregg duncan 5'8 used to do them with 275 on olympic bar.He.weighed 250lbs.with abs that was unheard of back then.we used to get the muscle mags and he would be bigger than whoever was on cover.Dont know what he did for drugs but he didnt have a job and i knew the gorl he was dating(thats another story)and he bumb money from her .She stopped dating him cause he was a drunk and i mean a real drunk and i know he used valum heavily.i always wondered why he coulnt make it to the gym before 1pm.There was another guy at the gym that seen gregg a few years before this at U.F.and said gregg used to be About 40lbs bigger.I asked gregg about it one day and he said they used to get G.H. from the school lab of course didnt give details.He also showed me a picture of a contest he won that dexter was in granted dex was a lightweight just starting out.He was only around about 8 months heard he got in a car accident.
back in the mid 80s rumors were beginning about gh from France from cadavers n that pros were beginning to dabble. This is about wen talk of it began to filter down at least in the area I worked.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 05:12:47 PM »
I do about 20-25 reps....but she only weighs 150.