Author Topic: OUCH TORN PECTORAL!!!!  (Read 3344 times)

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
OUCH TORN PECTORAL!!!!
« on: January 24, 2006, 12:10:49 PM »
I tore my pec Friday night doing bench presses.
I have been working out for 17 years and about 10 years ago, I was on the flat bench trying hit a new max, like a dummy, and something popped and I lost all my strength on the left side pec.
It hurt real bad, for months, I never went to the doc for it at the time.
At first I couldnot even lift the bar with out pain, but within time I was back, but I  still never got rid of that pain under my armpit completely.So, I changed to flat dumbell presses only for years.
No problems, everything was great.
Now 10 years later, I started to throw in a couple of light bench presses , next thing you know I am doing heavy weight.
I was getting up to 315 for reps then stopping.
Friday I was up to 275 , and on the 5th rep ,snap,rip,boom the weight fell . Good thing I had a great spotter.
I had to go to the ER , I had  an MRI done the next day, and sure enough the Pec muscle almost completely tore off the tendon that attaches to the shoulder. But luckily the tendon was still attached.
The bruising is incredible! The doc says in 2 weeks he will decide if i will need surgery or not.
I was wondering if anyone had this happen to them, and right now I am completely off cycle.
Do you guys think I should start anything while I am rehabbing ??? The doc wants me to start rehabbing next week. I bet  some test or maybe some other substance would be good to take to speed up healing.
Any suggestions ???????

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: OUCH TORN PECTORAL!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 03:40:37 PM »
Do you guys think I should start anything while I am rehabbing ??? The doc wants me to start rehabbing next week. I bet  some test or maybe some other substance would be good to take to speed up healing.
Any suggestions ???????

Sorry about that torn pec, baby Cooli.

I think you should have seen a doc the first go-around and you might not be in this mess right now.

I think you should consider a moderate Test/Deca cycle to help you through rehab.

The test is mainly a synergistic base to allow healing while the Deca provides a therapeutic effect on the connective tissue thereby allowing repair and a smooth rehab process.  I think you should have the surgery, so he can go in and clean up the muscle, tendon and stabilize the area.  Otherwise it will be even more susceptible to re-injury.

Start your cycle now.........and await the news.........

This is your pec we're talking about.  Without that pec your whole upperbody training will change.  Remember this.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 03:49:28 PM »
I tore my biceps tendon a few years ago--similar type of injury, completely detached the biceps tendon from the insertion point in the bone.  Here's what you need to know.  REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH REHAB YOU DO IT WILL NOT REATTACH!  Go to a surgeon (otrtho that specializes in sports med) and get it fixed asap.  Do not wait.  The longer you wait, the more difficult the surgery will be because of scar tissue.  If you do not get the surgery, then you will be deformed.  Just like my biceps tendon, it is not really medically necessary to get it fixed.  But unless you do get it fixed you will be deformed and you will never have any strength on that side of your body.  Do not start a cycle, becuase it will be a waste of money since you are going to get suregery anyway.

coolioni

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 05:58:41 PM »
I think it is time for a second opinion!
This doc I saw was the doc for the Carolina Panthers, so I figured he would be pretty good at this.
Go figure ?

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 06:11:48 PM »
get your hands on some gh or igf ASAP.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 07:18:58 PM »
I think it is time for a second opinion!
This doc I saw was the doc for the Carolina Panthers, so I figured he would be pretty good at this.
Go figure ?

I think you need to have surgery regardless so he can clean up the area and make the whole structure stronger.  You don't want a weak tendon supporting a large muscle group like the pectorals.  Surgery is required if you ever want to lift heavy again.  Run a Test/Deca cycle when you start rehab after surgery.

This is the best advice I can give you.

Do not let this heal on it's own.......you will regret it.

DIV

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 01:21:58 PM »
I think you need to have surgery regardless so he can clean up the area and make the whole structure stronger.  You don't want a weak tendon supporting a large muscle group like the pectorals.  Surgery is required if you ever want to lift heavy again.  Run a Test/Deca cycle when you start rehab after surgery.

This is the best advice I can give you.

Do not let this heal on it's own.......you will regret it.

DIV
muscle

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 04:05:12 PM »
I repectfully disagree. 

Juicing will not help you prior to surgery, and it will not help you in the early postop phase either.  Neither test, deca, of GH/IGF for that matter will help "speed up" healing of this in any way.  All it will do is make you want to start lifting again and deviate from the regimented rehab that will be required; you'll just go and screw it all up.

Once you are fully healed, you can do what you want.

This may be a little difficult to treat if the tendon is intact but there is a large separation of the muscle belly.  Muscle doesn't hold surgical sutures too well, unless the fascia remains stout.  Cosmetically, a large muscle belly tear is very difficult to recontour without leaving a permanent visible defect.

Sorry to hear of your injury--good luck with everything.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »
I repectfully disagree. 

Juicing will not help you prior to surgery, and it will not help you in the early postop phase either.  Neither test, deca, of GH/IGF for that matter will help "speed up" healing of this in any way.  All it will do is make you want to start lifting again and deviate from the regimented rehab that will be required; you'll just go and screw it all up.

Once you are fully healed, you can do what you want.

This may be a little difficult to treat if the tendon is intact but there is a large separation of the muscle belly.  Muscle doesn't hold surgical sutures too well, unless the fascia remains stout.  Cosmetically, a large muscle belly tear is very difficult to recontour without leaving a permanent visible defect.

Sorry to hear of your injury--good luck with everything.

I think the AAS would help with the rehab, in that it will allow for faster healing and recovery.  You want a primed anabolic environment during this process.  I don't see how it could ever be a negative.

DIV

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »
i agree!
if anything can help, aas would be just that. good luck with everything bro

muscle
muscle