Author Topic: The top 5 reasons that I can't be a fan of Lebron James  (Read 2454 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
The top 5 reasons that I can't be a fan of Lebron James
« on: May 20, 2014, 10:58:06 PM »
I've really tried to get behind this guy.  I want to like him, but I just can't.  He is an amazingly talented athlete.  He plays smart, he shares the ball, he's a good defender, overall just a very well rounded player.  Great, great player.  I'm not going to pretend he's not great, it's obvious that he is.  You can't take that away from him.  However, here is my top 5 reasons why I can't give in and really support Lebron.

5.  He is obviously a hugely arrogant douche.  I don't know him but there are many examples to support this theory.

4.  Instead of saying "me", he always uses the word "myself", like...."that was a big game for myself".  WTF?

3.  "The Decision".  Ok, so items 3, 4, and 5 are all basically the same issue.  Arrogant, self important douche.

2.  When he gets the ball he immediately sticks out his off arm and shoves his defender off.  Every fucking time.

1.  His flopping is absolutely disgusting, pathetic and shameful. There is no excuse for a player of his size and skill to do this.

At this point I would like to invite those who agree with me to pile on and trash Lebron with me.  Also, if you think I'm wrong please go ahead and flame me.  Personal attacks and name calling is fine.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: The top 5 reasons that I can't be a fan of Lebron James
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:24:15 PM »
I've really tried to get behind this guy.  I want to like him, but I just can't.  He is an amazingly talented athlete.  He plays smart, he shares the ball, he's a good defender, overall just a very well rounded player.  Great, great player.  I'm not going to pretend he's not great, it's obvious that he is.  You can't take that away from him.  However, here is my top 5 reasons why I can't give in and really support Lebron.

5.  He is obviously a hugely arrogant douche.  I don't know him but there are many examples to support this theory.

4.  Instead of saying "me", he always uses the word "myself", like...."that was a big game for myself".  WTF?

3.  "The Decision".  Ok, so items 3, 4, and 5 are all basically the same issue.  Arrogant, self important douche.

2.  When he gets the ball he immediately sticks out his off arm and shoves his defender off.  Every fucking time.

1.  His flopping is absolutely disgusting, pathetic and shameful. There is no excuse for a player of his size and skill to do this.

At this point I would like to invite those who agree with me to pile on and trash Lebron with me.  Also, if you think I'm wrong please go ahead and flame me.  Personal attacks and name calling is fine.

everytime I look up at the tv (we always have NBA games on since members want to watch them) I see a 6'6" 250lb grown man rolling on the ground like a 5yr old who stubbed his toe.

about once a year I break a foot, either dropping a 45lb plate on it or kicking the thai bag. do I flop around on the ground and cry? no.. I dont' even put it in a cast and I don't miss work or workouts.

these grown men acting like bitches.

when was the last time you saw a 'fight' at an nba game between these guys and thought "wow.. that was a good straight right"? huh? NEVER!.. they throw punches like girls throw baseballs. and these are athletes? Dennis rodman kicking a cameraman in the nuts? tuffguy Ron artest throwing girl punches at fans in seats and can't even draw blood? .... covered in tattoos with 250+lbs of muscle behind their punch and they dont' even cut an eyebrow. absolute sissys.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:42:10 PM »
everytime I look up at the tv (we always have NBA games on since members want to watch them) I see a 6'6" 250lb grown man rolling on the ground like a 5yr old who stubbed his toe.

about once a year I break a foot, either dropping a 45lb plate on it or kicking the thai bag. do I flop around on the ground and cry? no.. I dont' even put it in a cast and I don't miss work or workouts.

when was the last time you saw a 'fight' at an nba game between these guys and thought "wow.. that was a good straight right"? huh? NEVER!.. they throw punches like girls throw baseballs. and these are athletes? Dennis rodman kicking a cameraman in the nuts? tuffguy Ron artest throwing girl punches at fans in seats and can't even draw blood? .... covered in tattoos with 250+lbs of muscle behind their punch and they dont' even cut an eyebrow. absolute sissys.

So what your saying is that you believe you could kick most NBA players ass in a fight? I seriously doubt that.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 12:47:12 AM »

I hate it when big boys get floppy as well.
P

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 01:14:11 AM »
I agree for the most part. As far as #1 goes I think James Harden is the biggest flopper in the NBA.

Back to Lebron, I think he is the greatest basketball player right now; but I don't see where all the comparisons to Jordan come from. Back when Jordan played all eyes were on him. Whenever he was against your team you would pray that he would just pass the ball when it was in his hands. Lebron doesn't have that same court presence as Jordan.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 01:14:50 AM »
I also don't like his constant complaining to the refs during the game.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 02:05:01 AM »

:D

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 02:47:17 AM »

- Show me one major sport professional athlete that is NOT arrogant, it goes with the territory "I am better than any".

- so, if he hires a public speaking coach you would like him better as a basketball player?

-Dude, it was a pep rally, obviously that concept is lost on you  ::)

- Everyone flops to some degree, everyone even 7 footers,  you should check out a soccer game now and then

I

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 03:16:21 AM »

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 03:31:23 AM »
Red Hook-

- Show me one major sport professional athlete that is NOT arrogant, it goes with the territory "I am better than any".

Earvin Johnson was down to earth, cool, and friendly when he played and he still is.

- so, if he hires a public speaking coach you would like him better as a basketball player?

Yes

-Dude, it was a pep rally, obviously that concept is lost on you  Roll Eyes

"The Decision" wasn't a pep rally.  Although they did also have a pep rally and that was equally stupid.

- Everyone flops to some degree, everyone even 7 footers,  you should check out a soccer game now and then

Kobe don't flop

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 03:41:14 AM »
Red Hook-

Earvin Johnson was down to earth, cool, and friendly when he played and he still is.

Yes

-Dude, it was a pep rally, obviously that concept is lost on you  Roll Eyes

"The Decision" wasn't a pep rally.  Although they did also have a pep rally and that was equally stupid.

Kobe don't flop

which is the reason kobe's the only player I like.. dude plays hurt and doesn't cry about it.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 03:42:08 AM »
The flopping has gone waaay down.  It was at its worst during the 2011 playoff run.

As far as the arrogance goes, most professional athletes are like that.  Maybe not all, but how can we know for sure?  Nobody here knows what they're like in real life.  Even Magic Johnson, who does seem like a good guy, could be a major dick for all we know.

"The Decision" was a dick move, but he's talked about how he should have approached it differently.

EDIT: and it's funny that you seem to like Kobe when he's one of the most arrogant players around

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 03:47:35 AM »
The flopping has gone waaay down.  It was at its worst during the 2011 playoff run.

As far as the arrogance goes, most professional athletes are like that.  Maybe not all, but how can we know for sure?  Nobody here knows what they're like in real life.  Even Magic Johnson, who does seem like a good guy, could be a major dick for all we know.

"The Decision" was a dick move, but he's talked about how he should have approached it differently.

EDIT: and it's funny that you seem to like Kobe when he's one of the most arrogant players around

I don't mind the arrogance if he's not a little bitch about it. Lebrone seems to be the Kanye West of the NBA... kobe seems more like Jay-z...

I like analogies. lol

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 04:01:18 AM »
Kobe is an alpha dog.  Completely ruptures his Achilles tendon and then WALKS to the free throw line and sinks two like a boss.  No crying, no yelling out, no teammates carrying him of the court.  Total Boss.

Yes Kobe is arrogant but to me he comes off more as confident than self important douche.  That's the way I see it however I totally understand if other people think he is an arrogant douche.  Even if I concede that Kobe is an arrogant douche(which I don't), I don't think you can compare Kobe's douchiness to Lebron's.  Not even in the same universe.

Lebron is Kanye, spot on ESFitness.  I'm not trying to take anything away from Lebron as a player and I'm not trying to make this a Kobe vs Lebron thing.  Lebron is an all time great and a future Hall of Famer.  A few things about him rub me the wrong way, that's all.

Virgin- LBJ's flopping has not gone way down.  Did you the game Tuesday night?Did you see him violently throw himself to the ground trying to draw that flagrant foul under the basket?  The guy behind him barely touched him and Lebron made out like he was shoved from behind.  Weak shit if you ask me.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 04:45:52 AM »
Kobe is an alpha dog.  Completely ruptures his Achilles tendon and then WALKS to the free throw line and sinks two like a boss.  No crying, no yelling out, no teammates carrying him of the court.  Total Boss.

Yes Kobe is arrogant but to me he comes off more as confident than self important douche.  That's the way I see it however I totally understand if other people think he is an arrogant douche.  Even if I concede that Kobe is an arrogant douche(which I don't), I don't think you can compare Kobe's douchiness to Lebron's.  Not even in the same universe.

Lebron is Kanye, spot on ESFitness.  I'm not trying to take anything away from Lebron as a player and I'm not trying to make this a Kobe vs Lebron thing.  Lebron is an all time great and a future Hall of Famer.  A few things about him rub me the wrong way, that's all.

Virgin- LBJ's flopping has not gone way down.  Did you the game Tuesday night?Did you see him violently throw himself to the ground trying to draw that flagrant foul under the basket?  The guy behind him barely touched him and Lebron made out like he was shoved from behind.  Weak shit if you ask me.

I wouldn't call Kobe a douche or arrogant, 5 NBA championships, he sells out every fucken arena, Milwaukee and Atlanta included. This guy is so embedded in the NBA life he is one of the only few left that played when Jordan was around, Its a shame lakers could not get the first 3 picks, it would of been a game changer.
When you are on that level its normal to seem arrogant. His not Tim Tebow.
I don't like flopping from any player, Chris Paul and James Harden are the worst offenders.
Lebron and Wade complain a lot, I still like lebron though.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 07:12:52 AM »

Once a year? Seems pretty clumsy. ;D
Do you actually break a bone in your foot or just bruise it slighty? If its the former then I doubt you would be able to workout or function properly for at least a few weeks.

Anyway, you guys are aware that these athletes who dive and flop aren’t really hurt?
They are just doing it to con the referee into giving them an advantage and to penalize the opponents. Therefore, it isn’t a case of being “weak” or “fragile”, its just a case of being a cheat/unsporting.
Being weak or fragile would be genuinely getting hurt when you shouldn’t.
You think when these guys are outside of the court/field they will roll around in agony every time they trip up or cry when they cut themselves? ;D

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 07:20:24 AM »
Here is my top 5

1.) Im from Cleveland

2.)  Im from Cleveland

3.) Im from Cleveland

4.) Im from Cleveland

5.) Im from Cleveland

FUCK LEBRON...FUCK GLORIA...GO CAVS

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 11:30:14 AM »
Once a year? Seems pretty clumsy. ;D
Do you actually break a bone in your foot or just bruise it slighty? If its the former then I doubt you would be able to workout or function properly for at least a few weeks.

Anyway, you guys are aware that these athletes who dive and flop aren’t really hurt?
They are just doing it to con the referee into giving them an advantage and to penalize the opponents. Therefore, it isn’t a case of being “weak” or “fragile”, its just a case of being a cheat/unsporting.
Being weak or fragile would be genuinely getting hurt when you shouldn’t.
You think when these guys are outside of the court/field they will roll around in agony every time they trip up or cry when they cut themselves? ;D

no, I re-break the same couple metatarsals. it actually doesn't hurt much. i'll usually just end up wrapping it up nice and snug and wearing a couple pair of thick socks and wear running shoes for a month.... I don't run so I don't have much impact on the foot to move the bone's around. same with toes... i'll clip a guys chin with a high kick or misplace a kick on the bag and i'll have two toes completely sideways. i'll straighten them out and be careful with them for a month or two and they're ok. it's more annoying than painful.

I don't care if they're really hurt or not... I see them get  actually 'hurt' on the the floor as well and they're rolling around like they just had their nuts cut off with rusty scissors. for supposedly big strong athletic dudes, they sure are fragile little girls.