Author Topic: Shoulder slightly fucked, not training, feeling like shit  (Read 2218 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Shoulder slightly fucked, not training, feeling like shit
« on: May 21, 2014, 02:57:35 PM »
I jacked up my left shoulder last week and it's slow to heal. Came back hard on Saturday after 5 days rest and probably fucked it more. Taking seven days off and will come back VERY LIGHT. On Safurday.

Diet holding, but when I can't train, I get in a dark mood. I feel like I am wasting the gear when I am not lifting. Feels bad man.

At my age, anytime I fuck something, I think "is this the big one" the one that takes me out of the gym forever. My achilles was easy to work around. But I can't do jack with this fucking bum shoulder.

FUCK! I don't want to turn into a fat fuck like Junior.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Shoulder slightly fucked, not training, feeling like shit
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
staying on the gear is allowing you to maintain muscle while you're not training.

old pro bber told me that back in 2000... that when they get sick or hurt and do train, they never stop the anabolics.

train other stuff and stay somewhat productive.

I have the same issue with my neck. c5c6&c7 fucks with nerves in neck/traps/teres/bi's/tris, ect... and I'm usually toast for a week.. feel like you're regressing (getting smaller and fatter), but so long as you keep eating and stay on gear you'll maintain bodyweight and strength when you go hit it 100% again.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
I jacked up my left shoulder last week and it's slow to heal. Came back hard on Saturday after 5 days rest and probably fucked it more. Taking seven days off and will come back VERY LIGHT. On Safurday.

Diet holding, but when I can't train, I get in a dark mood. I feel like I am wasting the gear when I am not lifting. Feels bad man.

At my age, anytime I fuck something, I think "is this the big one" the one that takes me out of the gym forever. My achilles was easy to work around. But I can't do jack with this fucking bum shoulder.

FUCK! I don't want to turn into a fat fuck like Junior.

My shoulder has been beyond fucked for sometime now, got really bad to the point I couldn't even move my left arms few weeks ago. Did MRI and doc said its the old problem of impingement and severe bursitis and now calcium forming etc.

Gave me my 4th cortisone shot this year but said after this shot absolutely no more cortisone cos it can cause nerve damage and rumpture and its surgery time after that.

On top I started injecting GH IM into the left delt.

Now it feels 90% improved.

So take cortisone and inject GH IM high dose for couple of weeks if you can but definitely take the cortisone shot.

Otherwise you will have to PCT and come off if it doesn't get better and welcome back to feeling like shit being natty.

PS. Thanks for the compliment, no pic boy  :P

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 04:14:58 PM »
FWIW Joon. You used the term "obese"

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »
you still can train your lower body and do isolation moves for the arms and forearms and work your abs and lower back with hyperextensions so do these body parts twice a week.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 05:22:08 PM »
No need to worry....you won't lose an ounce of muscle.  Just the pumped-up full feeling in your muscles--which is still a mind-fuck, but take your time to get your shoulder healed up properly.

How did you injure it?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 06:01:41 PM »
I know a thing or two about shoulder injuries.

Both have dislocated once, er trips, and both have suffered multiple sublexes.

They don't just heal I'm afraid. My range of motion is fucked. I have to concentrate on keeping them in socket during most movements.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 06:22:35 PM »
How did you injure it?

Not sure. Could be a bunch of things. I am kinda leaning to a bunch of burn out sets of shrugs I did with the 80's. Shoulder felt hinky after that and the stuff I did the next few days only seemed to aggravate it. Always been lucky with shoulders, so I was probably due.

I did a bunch of presses and lateral raises tonight with the FUCKING 8 POUND DBS. And it is killing me now, FFS.

I can't even figure out how to squat because it hurts to raise my arm higher than my shoulder.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »
Did a pussy-ass chest, shoulders, tri workout this morning. Did DB presses with the 40's. Beast mode.

It is feeling a bit better. Ice, ibuprofen, rest and rotator-cuff specific exercises seem to be working. The trick for me now will be to somehow NOT to be a dumbass and come back too fast.

whitewidow

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 11:30:48 PM »
Did a pussy-ass chest, shoulders, tri workout this morning. Did DB presses with the 40's. Beast mode.

It is feeling a bit better. Ice, ibuprofen, rest and rotator-cuff specific exercises seem to be working. The trick for me now will be to somehow NOT to be a dumbass and come back too fast.

If you have insurance you might want to go get a MRI. I find it weird you didn;t feel it go doing a certain lift. The best thing you can do is what somebody else mentioned above and work around the injury(sounds like a perfect time to work on getting a nice pair of wheels). Def listen to your body and don't come back to strong. take your time. My guess is it can"t be anything to bad if you didn;t feel it go doing a particular set. It could just be over-use.

I had a sever wrist injury years ago and it had nothing to do with a particular lift or set( I never did anything where I could feel a tear) I went to a physical therapist and they just gave me a hand/wrist brace but that fucking wrist took months to heal and I honestly couldn't do alot of lifts surpringly. I should of been able to do more but it hurt that bad and like i said I cxan;t remember what caused it at all. I just woke up and it hurt like a guy. Good luck(I hope it gets better) def stick to your gutt and take it easy once it gets better. work those legs more then you usually do and work on your abs more. polish up your weak points that is all you can do.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
Trying to get some intensity in the wheels while I work through this shoulder thing. Doing 20 rep squats now (because I have to lighten the weight where it won't bother my shoulder). Holy fuck, I've never done these before. My legs are on fire already after 3 sets!

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 10:13:59 PM »

My shoulder has been beyond fucked for sometime now, got really bad to the point I couldn't even move my left arms few weeks ago. Did MRI and doc said its the old problem of impingement and severe bursitis and now calcium forming etc.

Gave me my 4th cortisone shot this year but said after this shot absolutely no more cortisone cos it can cause nerve damage and rumpture and its surgery time after that.

On top I started injecting GH IM into the left delt.

Now it feels 90% improved.

So take cortisone and inject GH IM high dose for couple of weeks if you can but definitely take the cortisone shot.

Otherwise you will have to PCT and come off if it doesn't get better and welcome back to feeling like shit being natty.

PS. Thanks for the compliment, no pic boy  :P

cortisone destroys soft tissue and does nothing but mask pain. Avoid it at all costs it will ruin your joints