Author Topic: World Cup - Former and soon to be current champions!  (Read 5633 times)

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
World Cup - Former and soon to be current champions!
« on: May 25, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »
Argentina 2014!
Mr. AZ 2003

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: former and soon to be current champions!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 08:37:45 AM »
Argentina have a great forward line but their defence sucks. They'll score lots of goals and look great in the first round but get unstuck in the QF's or semi's.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
Argentina have a great forward line but their defence sucks. They'll score lots of goals and look great in the first round but get unstuck in the QF's or semi's.

I agree that our forward line is superior to the defence, however, with our superb foward after making goal will retreat to assist the defence.
Mr. AZ 2003

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 09:03:14 AM »
I agree that our forward line is superior to the defence, however, with our superb foward after making goal will retreat to assist the defence.

Messi defending? Would put good money on a South American team winning it given no European team had won outside of Europe til Spain and none ever in South America.

I want Brazil to win, gf will probably stab me if they lose.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 09:08:04 AM »
I like your GF... ;)
Mr. AZ 2003

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 09:12:57 AM »
Brazil's squad isn't too great this year. If they win, it will be more down to the home advantage.
Germany look very strong but tend to slip up right at the end. Italy and Spain have a good balance in their squads.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 11:40:10 AM »
Brazil's squad isn't too great this year. If they win, it will be more down to the home advantage.
Germany look very strong but tend to slip up right at the end. Italy and Spain have a good balance in their squads.

I think Germany looks very strong as well. We beat them in 86 and they beat us in 90.  I think it will be Germany and Argentina or Brazil and Argentina or maybe Uruguay Argentina.   My last two to make to the final would be Argentina vs Colombia.

My dream would be Argentina vs. Germany.  Since we one once and they one once.....

At the end no matter what we win!

Mr. AZ 2003

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »

Italy and Spain may not even make it to the round of 8.
Mr. AZ 2003

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 11:42:41 AM »
European master race will win trophy, bring great honour to the glorious land of Europia.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 11:47:04 AM »
Its between spain, germany, brazil and argentina. Urugauy would be the dark horses

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 11:52:34 AM »
Lol @ Argentina

Grouped up vs Nigeria, Iran and Bosnia.

Steamroll of peace

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
Lol @ Argentina

Steamroll of peace

Yes we lucked out. We need to save our energy for the big boys.
Mr. AZ 2003

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »
On another note, 'murica will have their asses handed to them, grouped vs Portugal and Germany.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 02:20:39 PM »
European master race will win trophy, bring great honour to the glorious land of Europia.

Which European team are you referring to?
Mr. AZ 2003

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 03:17:29 AM »
Which European team are you referring to?
Germans? Laughable  ;D

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 03:22:41 AM »
Lol @ Argentina

Steamroll of peace

Don't have draw to hand but pretty sure Brazil are looking at a tough second round. Netherlands or Spain or something similarly shit.

Uruguay will be shit if Suarez isn't back.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 03:40:00 AM »
Don't have draw to hand but pretty sure Brazil are looking at a tough second round. Netherlands or Spain or something similarly shit.

Uruguay will be shit if Suarez isn't back.

Brazil got a lazy cruise first group, Croatia, Kamerun, Mexico. Another steamroll of peace.

Will be interesting after the first round, although I'm sure Brazil will excel and get to semi-finals at least.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 03:41:31 AM »
Its between spain, germany, brazil and argentina. Urugauy would be the dark horses
[/b]

only if suarez is fit

it could be his world cup like maradona back in the day
T

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 11:30:38 AM »
Argentina 2014!

nah. brazil. football demands it!

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 01:25:49 AM »
nah. brazil. football demands it!

I think the world would love a Germany vs. Argentina match to see once and for all who the real champ is.
Mr. AZ 2003

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 02:22:35 AM »
Woohoo Argentina!!!!!

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 02:41:01 AM »
I think the world would love a Germany vs. Argentina match to see once and for all who the real champ is.
It would be a great match. German always deliver some good action.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 02:47:25 AM »

Scolari must be pissed as hell he didn't call Diego Costa before Bel Bosque did because other than Fred and Jo as strikers, they have a very strong team. Great defense with Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Dani Alves, Maxwell, Dante, Marcelo, etc... and the midfield is almost as strong with Oscar, Ramires, Paulinho, Willian, Fernandinho. It's too bad Hulk went to a russian team and didn't fulfill his potential. They'll be very hard to beat. Modern soccer is mainly about ball possession these days and apart from Spain and Germany, I don't see any other teams that have such a strong defense-midfield. Argentina has great offense but take Gago and Mascherano out , their midfield s nothing to write home about (fuckin' Pastore will probably wake up a couple of times for genius passes and go back to sleep right after).

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 02:48:18 AM »

Epic "where were you in 1986?" post.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 03:18:02 AM »
Scolari must be pissed as hell he didn't call Diego Costa before Bel Bosque did because other than Fred and Jo as strikers, they have a very strong team. Great defense with Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Dani Alves, Maxwell, Dante, Marcelo, etc... and the midfield is almost as strong with Oscar, Ramires, Paulinho, Willian, Fernandinho. It's too bad Hulk went to a russian team and didn't fulfill his potential. They'll be very hard to beat. Modern soccer is mainly about ball possession these days and apart from Spain and Germany, I don't see any other teams that have such a strong defense-midfield. Argentina has great offense but take Gago and Mascherano out , their midfield s nothing to write home about (fuckin' Pastore will probably wake up a couple of times for genius passes and go back to sleep right after).

I think Costa did get called for some friendlies but he opted to play for Spain - probably for financial reasons. Brazil have a decent squad but its not a great one like they had in 2002. I think Kaka and Lucas Moura should have got called up because those guys can be game changers. At the moment, Brazil's midfield is full of workhorses like Ramires and Paulinho. Oscar and Neymar have real talent but are a bit lightweight. What happened to Pato? Seemed a real talent a couple of years back but I've heard that he barely trains anymore and is just interested in fucking hot Brazilian TV stars. :D