Author Topic: World Cup - Former and soon to be current champions!  (Read 5630 times)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: former and soon to be current champions!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 03:50:01 AM »
I think Costa did get called for some friendlies but he opted to play for Spain - probably for financial reasons. Brazil have a decent squad but its not a great one like they had in 2002. I think Kaka and Lucas Moura should have got called up because those guys can be game changers. At the moment, Brazil's midfield is full of workhorses like Ramires and Paulinho. Oscar and Neymar have real talent but are a bit lightweight. What happened to Pato? Seemed a real talent a couple of years back but I've heard that he barely trains anymore and is just interested in fucking hot Brazilian TV stars. :D

Kaka is done I think. Lucas is amazingly talented (i live in Paris so I've seen a bit of him playing) and his last few games showed he really improved but he lacks maturity still. Pato is done, too many injuries. Oscar and Neymar are lightweights but you need players like that surrounded by workhorses. It's about balance. that's why Germany is going to be a treat. Reus is a lightweight too with great vision and speed and he'll have guys like Khedira, Schweinsteiger to do much of the dirty work. I hope Ozil shows up in shape. He has been pretty disappointing this year but he's a game changer also. Lahm seemingly can play at any position, I'd even put him as a goalkeeper if I had too.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 05:34:32 AM »
Kaka is done I think. Lucas is amazingly talented (i live in Paris so I've seen a bit of him playing) and his last few games showed he really improved but he lacks maturity still. Pato is done, too many injuries. Oscar and Neymar are lightweights but you need players like that surrounded by workhorses. It's about balance. that's why Germany is going to be a treat. Reus is a lightweight too with great vision and speed and he'll have guys like Khedira, Schweinsteiger to do much of the dirty work. I hope Ozil shows up in shape. He has been pretty disappointing this year but he's a game changer also. Lahm seemingly can play at any position, I'd even put him as a goalkeeper if I had too.

Shame about Kaka and Pato.
Kaka was pure class in his prime. Germany's main weakness is their attack. Klose is probably going to be leading their foward line and he's at the very end of his career.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
Epic "where were you in 1986?" post.

Rooting for my team!
Mr. AZ 2003

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Re: World Cup - Former and soon to be current champions!
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 12:47:54 PM »
Stephen Hawking has devised a formula for England's WC success: :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2641579/Stephen-Hawking-unveils-formulae-help-England-win-World-Cup.html

Which won't work in real life since football games are considered martingales and thus there is no point in trying to create this form of 'subjective' probability measure.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »
Which won't work in real life since football games are considered martingales and thus there is no point in trying to create this form of 'subjective' probability measure.

Living up to your user name.

I think I know a formula that could be applied. Once the relevant fields are accounted for (venues of matches, opponents, prostitutes Wayne Rooney bangs etc) you get England to lose on penalties in the quarter finals.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 02:16:14 AM »
Is Messi in that formula?
Mr. AZ 2003

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 02:53:58 AM »
Brazil got a lazy cruise first group, Croatia, Kamerun, Mexico. Another steamroll of peace.

Will be interesting after the first round, although I'm sure Brazil will excel and get to semi-finals at least.

Bull, Brazil have no player like Modric (Real Madrid), Afros could outrun Cariocas, Pancho Villas ,hmm ?.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 02:55:59 AM »
European master race will win trophy, bring great honour to the glorious land of Europia.

Thanks to Odin, there is always Germany  ;)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 03:03:37 AM »

Kaka & Ozil departed from Real (thanks to Modric), Zlatan must be pissed to the max for choosing Sweden over Croatia  ;D
Real workhorse is Bayern's #.9 Mandzukic
Belgium could be surprise team ?, the Dutch hmm ?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2014, 03:05:17 AM »
Living up to your user name.

I think I know a formula that could be applied. Once the relevant fields are accounted for (venues of matches, opponents, prostitutes Wayne Rooney bangs etc) you get England to lose on penalties in the quarter finals.

England, 16th place  :D

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 03:15:48 AM »
Agree that Modric is better than anyone on Brazil's team. Mandzukic is a better forward than Fred too. Brazil should still beat Croatia due to their overall superiority in the squad and under the home conditions. 
Not sure about Cameroon. African teams have stalled in progress since 1990. Some very good individuals but a general lack of direction among them.

Ivory Coast are probably the best bet out of the African lot with Bony, Drogba and one of the best players on the planet in Toure.
Nigeria tend to be very erratic in World Cups.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 03:29:27 AM »
Agree that Modric is better than anyone on Brazil's team. Mandzukic is a better forward than Fred too. Brazil should still beat Croatia due to their overall superiority in the squad and under the home conditions. 
Not sure about Cameroon. African teams have stalled in progress since 1990. Some very good individuals but a general lack of direction among them.

Ivory Coast are probably the best bet out of the African lot with Bony, Drogba and one of the best players on the planet in Toure.
Nigeria tend to be very erratic in World Cups.

+ Rakitic (the best player of Uefa league) looks like he is heading for Barca, then that kid Kovacic from Inter ?

Drogba, not the old 1  :-\
Yeah agree, Afro teams ???

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2014, 10:08:45 AM »
 :D

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2014, 11:53:36 AM »
Fuck yes!!!
Mr. AZ 2003

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2014, 04:38:28 PM »
 Argentina and Messi will be Champions. Neymar has a broken spine.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2014, 04:51:07 PM »

Lham  :P  come on he is too short .
Love those Nike's commericals with Zlatan, hilarious  :D.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2014, 04:24:45 AM »

Please go pick up people at the airport!

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2014, 04:48:16 AM »
T

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2014, 07:58:25 AM »

You forgot the Pope too.  ;D
Mr. AZ 2003

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2014, 08:05:31 AM »
Go Argentina..
I'm glad they eliminated Belgium  >:(

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2014, 08:07:25 AM »
Go Argentina..
I'm glad the eliminated Belgium  >:(

:D
Mr. AZ 2003

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2014, 08:08:18 AM »
 ;D
Mr. AZ 2003

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2014, 10:19:58 AM »

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Mr. AZ 2003