Author Topic: coconut oil  (Read 4212 times)

momo200

• Getbig II
coconut oil
« on: May 26, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »
Hello, just bought some cocnut oil, read the label, its writen that its only for external uses, but read that its can be eaten ? Anybody clear this to me.thx

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: coconut oil
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:36:35 PM »
Hello, just bought some cocnut oil, read the label, its writen that its only for external uses, but read that its can be eaten ? Anybody clear this to me.thx

They make coconut oil for human consumption, I thini it's strange that yors says that. Maybe you got lotion or something?  :o

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 12:14:29 AM »
They make coconut oil for human consumption, I thini it's strange that yors says that. Maybe you got lotion or something?  :o

Agreed...this can't be pure coconut oil otherwise it wouldn't state not for human consumption. 

momo200

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:10:14 AM »
Nop sir, its a pure, natural,  organic coconut oil but in tha label, for external uses, maybe they dont know his benefits in internal uses lol

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 06:26:58 PM »
There is plenty of coconut oil out there that is meant to be eaten. Buy and consume that kind if you have any uncertainty about what you currently have.

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 02:19:39 AM »
concur with monty... coconut oil does have a lot of external uses (hair-skin treatments primarily)... personally i use it on my feet... i currently run 40 miles per week and i treat my feet with oil (coconut right now but i have tried other types) by rubbing them with oil and sleeping with socks on... overnight the skin gets a lot more supple

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 03:21:50 AM »
I use it on my skin when laying in the sun. Apparently it is a natural sunscreen. My skin is incredibly soft and hydrated. It's the best moisturizer I have ever used. I haven't used it for cooking yet probably because I am getting all my good fats from salmon, avocados and flaxseed oil.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 10:52:23 PM »
I have to agree with Montague. I wouldn't consume it if I were in your position.
I'd find another use for it. Booty is right, it makes an amazing skin moisturizer, and as a hair growth rejuvenator it's second to none. I started massaging it into my scalp just over 2 months ago for extra shine, and additional strength, ...holy cow!  :o My hair has got about 6-7 months of growth in the past 2 months. I'm gonna start putting it on my lashes daily.
w