Author Topic: Insulin and carbing up  (Read 4850 times)

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: Insulin and carbing up
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 12:13:41 AM »
there are numerous studies on people being on t3 for years at a high dose and once they come off thyroid recovers just fine within a few weeks (doesnt even take longer than after a short cycle).

ive only been on t3 for a couple months now but ill most likely stay on forever (you can just buy 10g raw powder and it'll last until you die anyways)...

honestly i dont even primarily do it for bodybuilding purposes... i just like how the stuff makes me feel. i need less sleep (wake up fully refreshed after 8 hours at most), got more energy, can artificially increase metabolism for a short period (for example when pigging out on a birthday with the family or whatever). i dont see any downsides.

starfox

• Getbig I
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 04:02:16 AM »
there are numerous studies on people being on t3 for years at a high dose and once they come off thyroid recovers just fine within a few weeks (doesnt even take longer than after a short cycle).

ive only been on t3 for a couple months now but ill most likely stay on forever (you can just buy 10g raw powder and it'll last until you die anyways)...

honestly i dont even primarily do it for bodybuilding purposes... i just like how the stuff makes me feel. i need less sleep (wake up fully refreshed after 8 hours at most), got more energy, can artificially increase metabolism for a short period (for example when pigging out on a birthday with the family or whatever). i dont see any downsides.

Very interesting. Do you run any HGH with it, whether bulking or cutting? Do you think T3 hinders fat gains when using it on bulk cycles?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 08:26:27 AM »
Very interesting. Do you run any HGH with it, whether bulking or cutting? Do you think T3 hinders fat gains when using it on bulk cycles?

no, i dont run hgh. i think with hgh you better use t4, but im not very well versed in terms of hgh use.
i dont think T3 hinders fat gains, but it increases metabolism. you do have to eat more calories (carbs) depending on dosage from my experience. i also think it aids protein metabolism.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »
da faq, 150mcg? duude... i once tried 60-80mcg and it wasted my muscle in no time, that was the only time i tried t3 and it was while on superdrol. Been scared to use it ever since...

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 07:27:05 PM »
Ya in your case you managed to reverse the effects, not unheard of but others are usually not so lucky. 7 years is a long time

It took me almost a year to undo the effects from 3 months of stupidity

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 11:35:49 PM »
da faq, 150mcg? duude... i once tried 60-80mcg and it wasted my muscle in no time, that was the only time i tried t3 and it was while on superdrol. Been scared to use it ever since...

60-80mcg wasted your muscle in no time ? i run 60mcg while bulking and it doesnt waste a gram of muscle unless your diet is shit.
it wasted your glycogen and water bigtime though.

you get flat as sh*t and think youve lost a huge amount of muscle, when actually you didnt have NEARLY as much muscle as you thought to begin with. its all glycogen and water. 1-2 weeks after dropping t3 and upping carbs you look just as full as before but way better because you lost a ton of bodyfat...

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2014, 12:39:27 AM »
It took me almost a year to undo the effects from 3 months of stupidity

please tell what happened?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2014, 02:23:28 AM »
please tell what happened?

I was following a ketogenic diet and then carbing up at the weekend. Initially I was using 2-3ui to help the carb up but after posting about it on here I was encouraged by a few people to up it to as much as 30ui as I was eating about a kilo of carbs. I stayed lean but my waist was 34" lol. I did 4 weeks at 1000kcal a day protein only and that helped a lot. Then I followed a lower fat slightly more carb paleo diet for about 3 months then switched back to the ketogenic diet. Waist hit 29" a few weeks ago!

Never again lol

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2014, 11:56:58 AM »
I was following a ketogenic diet and then carbing up at the weekend. Initially I was using 2-3ui to help the carb up but after posting about it on here I was encouraged by a few people to up it to as much as 30ui as I was eating about a kilo of carbs. I stayed lean but my waist was 34" lol. I did 4 weeks at 1000kcal a day protein only and that helped a lot. Then I followed a lower fat slightly more carb paleo diet for about 3 months then switched back to the ketogenic diet. Waist hit 29" a few weeks ago!

Never again lol
30iu?   :o

what type of slin?

dustin

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2014, 03:17:17 PM »
75mcg of T3 destroyed me. Was taking 50mcg just fine, 75mcg just fine (for a few days) and then one day I had a super shitty workout and almost looked smaller by the time I was finished.

Dropped down to 50mcg and still couldn't fill out. Tapered down to 25mcg and was still flat, but then I filled out after about a week. Might have just been some strong ass T3, but I tried it again and around 50mcg is where I hit the ceiling.

Getting more on topic, if I were to run insulin I'd take 25mcg of T3 and coast on that for a bit. Take whatever anabolics to keep protein synthesis cranked, get good sleeps and just train and eat smart. I don't think shorter bouts of insulin are that detrimental. I think it comes from the off season neglect. Just bulking up like that with no slin is very unhealthy for the heart and for the physique. I think slow and steady is the only safe way. You can throw caution to the wind, but it's your body and you should take it seriously. You have a great physique so don't let drugs like insulin ruin your solid work ethic. You didn't build that foundation from cutting corners or slacking, that's for sure. A little slin can be a great tool in your arsenal.

My experience is mainly limited to playing around with it and using a blood sugar monitor. I tried pre and post workout doses at higher levels but I wasn't taking enough anabolics or using insulin aggressively enough to see massive gains. I can however see how potent of a hormone this is. I used humalog, and if you use it, watch for the second peak. It doesn't just dump you sugar once, it can come back with a vengeance. Also, don't panic. Diabetics take a couple 5g glucose tabs and wait it out. So if you feel hypo, just take in some carbs, sit down, let your adrenals go crazy for a bit and settle down. Best to tell the wifey or GF if you're taking a high dose too, just to keep an eye out. I took beta blockers and went into a severe hypoglycemic attack and almost fainted because the beta blockers masked the symptoms of hypoglycemia. It's weird shit like that you never expect.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2014, 10:59:15 PM »
30iu?   :o

what type of slin?

Novorapid
I posted a thread about it here, I was using 5ui max once a week. But I was eating upwards of 900g of carbs on these days as my goal was to eat a deficit over the course of the week ketogenically then eat loads of carbs in 3 or 4 hours once a week. It worked incredibly well I should add.

I asked if I should increase the insulin or what because most places recommended 10g/ui and it seemed like a lot. A certain member here said "sure, 30ui should be fine" lol. After my 8th time doing this I noticed that it really wasn't working out well and decreased the dose then eventually stopped insulin altogether, switched to a 800-1000kcal a day protein fast and dieted right down to nuke as much fat off as possible and get my sensitivity to insulin back to normal