Author Topic: Is Flex Wheeler getting owned here? (PIC)  (Read 10858 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Is Flex Wheeler getting owned here? (PIC)
« on: May 27, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
Re: Is Flex Wheeler getting owned here? (PIC)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 02:32:27 PM »
In that pic id say hes getting his ass handed to him

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »
I'd say Flex has more pleasing arms and abs, other dude is jacked on everything else

bloated

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »
damn thick chest, triceps n calves on Baker there...and his back was one of the best out there

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:37:01 PM »
Not particularly.

But Flex sees to have forgotten to flex his chest or something because it looks weak ??? And the quads could be a little more separated.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
What ever happened to aaron baker anyways? I think he was very underrated

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 02:44:30 PM »
Joining the WBF,fucked Aaron Baker from getting his just due.

Dude should have won a ton of contests....he was freaky in a good way.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 02:45:41 PM »
There were a couple of shows I had baker over flex.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 02:45:53 PM »
He was no slouch when he turned around either.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »

I was at that show.   thought for sure baker would have won it.    I worked out with him the next day at gold's gym venice.   nice guy

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
I was at that show.   thought for sure baker would have won it.    I worked out with him the next day at gold's gym venice.   nice guy
Rik,you always got the shaft just like Baker did.

Were you ever in the WBF?  ;)

It`s not a bad thing to lose,but to just get fucking robbed sucks after all that hard work.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 02:48:21 PM »

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 02:50:28 PM »

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »
Not particularly.

But Flex sees to have forgotten to flex his chest or something because it looks weak ??? And the quads could be a little more separated.

Flex had  Dexter's torso with Dillet's arms  that's why chest looks weak.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 02:54:53 PM »
Aaron had a great physique, very underrated.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 02:57:16 PM »
Rik,you always got the shaft just like Baker did.

Were you ever in the WBF?  ;)

It`s not a bad thing to lose,but to just get fucking robbed sucks after all that hard work.

they musta thought I was. :)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 03:00:09 PM »
baker was a freak of nature in person. he's what you'd imagine flex would look like if he had a thicker back/torso.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »
Not particularly.

1995..the yr before he broke his neck. It's damn wonder he even competed.
Hard to say, Flex would win contests on his shape alone. They are almost neck and neck. Aaron has a sick chest compared to Flex. Darren Charles and Lee Priest were at that show as well.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 03:04:35 PM »
I was at that show.   thought for sure baker would have won it.    I worked out with him the next day at gold's gym venice.   nice guy
On one of the Battle For Olympias he was training arms (with Robby Robinson) and he seems to train super slow, like focusing I the contraction. Did he do that while you trained with him on whatever bodypart he trained?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 03:09:30 PM »
On one of the Battle For Olympias he was training arms (with Robby Robinson) and he seems to train super slow, like focusing I the contraction. Did he do that while you trained with him on whatever bodypart he trained?

it was the day after the show, and they had just pulled the hammer strength bicep machine off the delivery truck. I guess I should say we worked 'in' together rather than worked out together.   I do recall him focusing on the peak contraction quite strongly tho.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 03:13:16 PM »

Flex wins this pose pretty easily, in my eyes.

Smaller joints at the shoulder/bicep tie-in, and at the elbows, make his arms look more dramatic and pleasing. Also, he has a better balance between biceps and triceps size.

His waistline is more pleasingly put together, with popping abs. Meanwhile, Bakers midsection is straight up and down (as opposed to tapering down to the hips like Wheeler), and the abs flatten out rather than pop. He's also slightly wider in the waist than Flex.

Baker looks like he doesn't have a neck, which throws off his proportions (it's just how he's posing).

Flex also shows superior serratus separation.

Some have pointed out that Baker's chest is superior in this pose. I counter that his chest over-dominates his upper body in the pose, which throws off his proportions in the shot. It's too dominant. For example, Arnold had the best chest development in his day, but his pecs did not dominate his upper body the way Baker's does. This is why Arnolds pose is so much more pleasing, whereas with Baker, there's just something "off" about how his chest is posed in the shot. It is certainly dramatic and one-of-a-kind, but it is not as proportionate as Flex.

Finally, the lats from the front. This, I have to give to Baker. He just plain beats Flex hands down here. In my opinion, both men have such incredible upper size and shape that their lats cannot be "too big". Kind of the way Dorian's lats were never too big in this pose. It's nigh impossible for lats to look too big in this pose, if width and thickness are balanced. In this case, Flex has acceptable width, yet lacks the thickness that makes Baker so much more dramatic and v-tapered.

All told, Flex's upper body dominates Baker's in this pose, even though he loses on front lat width and thickness. Not in terms of size...far from it. But in terms of proportion and separation, it does. Both are quite symmetrical in the upper body, with a slight edge to Baker.

Baker's lower body beats Flex's, but it's not as dramatic a beat-down as to what Flex does on the upper body. Baker's calves/quads flare more dramatically from the knee than Flex, but it's not like Flex sucks ass here. Baker does have better quad sweep and separation though.

But then, this isn't a leg pose. Judges try to judge the whole body, but it always will be an "upper body" pose.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »

Kia Greene is an imitation of Aaraon Baker , Aaraon Baker was doing gay shit on stage way before kai came along with his white towel

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 03:25:54 PM »
"Wayne Dimilia stuck me in the back and wouldn't even call me out along with other WBF champs suffering in the line up such as Arron baker, Mike Quinn, Garry Strydom, Mike Christian to name a few. We all looked at each other during pre Judging and knew we were suffering the wrath from defecting from the IFBB in 1990. "
-Eddie Robinson
http://www.criticalbench.com/Eddie-Robinson.htm

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 03:54:13 PM »
Flex wins this pose pretty easily, in my eyes.

Smaller joints at the shoulder/bicep tie-in, and at the elbows, make his arms look more dramatic and pleasing. Also, he has a better balance between biceps and triceps size.

His waistline is more pleasingly put together, with popping abs. Meanwhile, Bakers midsection is straight up and down (as opposed to tapering down to the hips like Wheeler), and the abs flatten out rather than pop. He's also slightly wider in the waist than Flex.

Baker looks like he doesn't have a neck, which throws off his proportions (it's just how he's posing).

Flex also shows superior serratus separation.

Some have pointed out that Baker's chest is superior in this pose. I counter that his chest over-dominates his upper body in the pose, which throws off his proportions in the shot. It's too dominant. For example, Arnold had the best chest development in his day, but his pecs did not dominate his upper body the way Baker's does. This is why Arnolds pose is so much more pleasing, whereas with Baker, there's just something "off" about how his chest is posed in the shot. It is certainly dramatic and one-of-a-kind, but it is not as proportionate as Flex.

Finally, the lats from the front. This, I have to give to Baker. He just plain beats Flex hands down here. In my opinion, both men have such incredible upper size and shape that their lats cannot be "too big". Kind of the way Dorian's lats were never too big in this pose. It's nigh impossible for lats to look too big in this pose, if width and thickness are balanced. In this case, Flex has acceptable width, yet lacks the thickness that makes Baker so much more dramatic and v-tapered.

All told, Flex's upper body dominates Baker's in this pose, even though he loses on front lat width and thickness. Not in terms of size...far from it. But in terms of proportion and separation, it does. Both are quite symmetrical in the upper body, with a slight edge to Baker.

Baker's lower body beats Flex's, but it's not as dramatic a beat-down as to what Flex does on the upper body. Baker's calves/quads flare more dramatically from the knee than Flex, but it's not like Flex sucks ass here. Baker does have better quad sweep and separation though.

But then, this isn't a leg pose. Judges try to judge the whole body, but it always will be an "upper body" pose.
The reason why Aaron's chest looks odd is because both are doing the FDB pose slightly different. Aaron's abs are stretched out, which means he has is slightly curved back, lats flared out, and his chest is flexed like it would in a FLS. Which is why it looks like he has no neck. Flex is doing the FDB pose like he normally does it, and is flexing his abs.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »
they musta thought I was. :)
Bastards.  ;)