Author Topic: steve reeves- how did he keep his waist so lean?  (Read 10720 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: steve reeves- how did he keep his waist so lean?
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
 ::) that and he was always lifting something usually females.. ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »
 ::) ::) ::)
F

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »
who's the twink? Marcus eats more for beakfast than this guy weighed

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »
who's the twink? Marcus eats more for beakfast than this guy weighed
by the gods that twink is hercules.
F

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »
 :)

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
Steve picked the right Mom and Dad for his waist/shoulder ratio. He ate volumes of food and beer when I dined with him at Rand's Roundup in Hollywood. An all you can eat prime rib joint.

NO ONE spoke of gear back then. The little blue pills from CIBA Labs had made their way into gym bags by then.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2014, 08:22:43 PM »
ASSUMING he was sauce free....and aside from winning the genetic lottery...the guy was able to maintain solid muscle size with the waist of a teenager into his 30's-40's. How do you do this? Is it all just pure genetics? Im 31 now and always was able to keep a tight midsection but now it seems like no matter what i do diet or cardio wise my midsection seems to be thickening. Still at 32 inch waist and not fat, but does some distention just come with age? I dont get it  ???

The same way almost EVERY SINGLE bodybuilder PRE-1993 was able to keep their waist lean. GH and insulin guts did not really exist PRE-1993. Almost every bodybuilder before that could make a vacuum with their midsection (some better than others). Bodybuilders in the offseason didn't look like obese cows. As for Reeves, he was pretty tall and quite lean (215-220 pounds MAX on a 6'1"-6'2" frame).

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2014, 08:28:25 PM »
::) ::) ::)

Reeves quad development in that last pic looked quite advanced. He seemed heavier in that pic and older.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2014, 08:32:05 PM »
by the gods that twink is hercules.
Looking huge there.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 12:48:07 AM »

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2014, 12:50:57 AM »

Big Ro never eats the assholes of whores.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2014, 03:58:20 AM »
He was not sauce free. Good structure (wide shoulders exaggerated the effect) and genetics I guess. Prob got cardio from riding the hordes of groupies.

So, what you are saying, is that he was on sauce long before the time when anabolic steroids came on the market? He was born in 1926, start training in high school and went the WW2. He won his first competitions at 1947, so he has been busy, because anabolics were invented in 1932 in Germany as a medicine. It is common knowledge that anabolic's came in to sports somewhere between 1955 and 1965, so how exactly Reeves got his sauce, and when? In reality: 1958 - FDA Approves First Anabolic Steroid for Sale in US. There is quite big gap even between that and his last BB- competition, so it is quite difficult to understand how and when he was on sauce.  

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2014, 04:08:48 AM »
ASSUMING he was sauce free....and aside from winning the genetic lottery...the guy was able to maintain solid muscle size with the waist of a teenager into his 30's-40's. How do you do this? Is it all just pure genetics? Im 31 now and always was able to keep a tight midsection but now it seems like no matter what i do diet or cardio wise my midsection seems to be thickening. Still at 32 inch waist and not fat, but does some distention just come with age? I dont get it  ???

You don't get it? It is simple, you have shitty genetics, you are training differently etc. Reeves was tall and slim guy with slender structure. You are build like a hog standing upright..Furthermore, he weren't living on the constant diet of industrially produced hamburgers, gene manipulated meat and that crap you eat there for food.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2014, 04:21:32 AM »
as mentioned itīs more Genetics with him. I spoke to George Helmer on the phone some years back, he runs the Steve Reeves Society and knew him. He found Reeves original Routine in Steve Reeves old Oakland Home where he grew up. He said Steve Reeves did not do a lot of Ab Training. he said crunches and he also did a hip thrusting exercise with cables( have to look again because he mentions it in a Book i have) also Reeves said in his Book tricep pushdowns helped Train his Abs as he tensed them very hard on These.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2014, 04:24:51 AM »
posted this before but itīs a gem so iīll post it again ;D George Helmer was a nice guy.
http://www.stevereeves.com/

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
 :o
as mentioned itīs more Genetics with him. I spoke to George Helmer on the phone some years back, he runs the Steve Reeves Society and knew him. He found Reeves original Routine in Steve Reeves old Oakland Home where he grew up. He said Steve Reeves did not do a lot of Ab Training. he said crunches and he also did a hip thrusting exercise with cables( have to look again because he mentions it in a Book i have) also Reeves said in his Book tricep pushdowns helped Train his Abs as he tensed them very hard on These.
:o here it is the holy grail  reeves routines as a boy  discovered on wall  in reeves's family home garage  years later. it's like discovering cave drawings.
F

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 11:45:42 AM »

Great great shape but about a 100 times less handsome than Reeves and need to lose the 'come fuck me boys' tash

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
forgot to add a strong no homo there...obviously that is what your projecting on to my fine tash.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 12:19:41 PM »
forgot to add a strong no homo there...obviously that is what your projecting on to my fine tash.

Only fucking with you. Decent build. 

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 12:34:41 PM »
As closest to home I'll ever get;

Looking at Reeves' pics, this guy must've gone through pussy at a rate unseen before or since. If the whispers regarding the love of cock are true ..,. What an utter, utter fucking waste. Like winning the lottery and giving the money away

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »
As closest to home I'll ever get;

Looking at Reeves' pics, this guy must've gone through pussy at a rate unseen before or since. If the whispers regarding the love of cock are true ..,. What an utter, utter fucking waste. Like winning the lottery and giving the money away

kinda sad if true. an early generation Bob Paris.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2014, 04:03:53 PM »
steve reeves, the great white hope ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »
He wasn't gay , he was married twice

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
Hugh Jackman is married.

John Travolta is married

Matthew Broderick is married.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2014, 06:28:39 PM »
you're married