Author Topic: Quicksilver in X Men: Days of Future Past  (Read 3819 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Quicksilver in X Men: Days of Future Past
« on: May 28, 2014, 10:16:15 AM »
That's all folks.  His scenes are the only ones that matter.  Magneto at the end was ok, wasn't as good as First Class.  Jennifer Lawrence is ugly.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Quicksilver in X Men: Days of Future Past
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
Will watch it on HBO in 6 months.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 11:00:10 AM »
Loved the movie

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »
Yet another movie I was overly hyped for. It was not as good as advertised and I'm sick of Wolverine. There were a couple of scenes with him and beast that made me chuckle though.
S

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »
That's all folks.  His scenes are the only ones that matter.  Magneto at the end was ok, wasn't as good as First Class.  Jennifer Lawrence is ugly.

I just saw this movie yesterday with my nephew and we both thought it was very entertaining.

What help will Quicksilver's mutant ability provide against a mutant the likes of the Apocalypse character that we were exposed to at the very end?

I was told that the Apocalypse mutant has no weaknesses and practically every power. By this assumption, I asked my nephew if the next X-men movie would just be the end of the X-men, but he said that somehow they would be able to outsmart the villain.

"1"

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 11:46:24 AM »
I just saw this movie yesterday with my nephew and we both thought it was very entertaining.

What help will Quicksilver's mutant ability provide against a mutant the likes of the Apocalypse character that we were exposed to at the very end?

I was told that the Apocalypse mutant has no weaknesses and practically every power. By this assumption, I asked my nephew if the next X-men movie would just be the end of the X-men, but he said that somehow they would be able to outsmart the villain.

"1"

He's immortal and can change himself on the molecular level. He can pretty much do anything.
S

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 11:53:18 AM »
He's immortal and can change himself on the molecular level. He can pretty much do anything.

Exactly.

So what chance do the X-men have against him?

"1"

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 11:55:21 AM »
Exactly.

"1"

I'm not sure. Jean Grey was back at the end of the new movie and her powers as the phoenix are pretty much limitless as well. Somehow, teamwork usually wins.
S

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 12:16:15 PM »
I want to see this on the big screen but after driving an hour to my nearest English language cinema last week, only to have the film (Winter Soldier) disrupted beyond enjoyment by arseholes talking to each other, fucking around with their phones or just being loud, I think I'm going to wait and watch it in my own home.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »

"1"
Apocalypse aka En Sabah Nur "The First Mutant"...
He had a hard life.

I think they need to bring in Deadpool, because the Marvel movies are only really about Spider-Man, X-men, and The Avengers and a few Punisher movies. They have had Deadpool in on Wolverine movie, but he needs to be brought out, as he can help with bringing out more darker and grittier characters.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »
Pretty cool scene but nothing Clark Kent on Smallville hasn't done a million times.

@ apocalypse, I never really understood the whole super powerful almost invincible thing. Makes no sense to make someone too powerful like Superman. Apocalypse is a good character so I think they can do something cool with him. Like someone mentioned earlier, when Jean comes back as Phoenix she has pretty much il unlimited power as well.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 03:20:51 PM »
Apocalypse aka En Sabah Nur "The First Mutant"...
He had a hard life.

I think they need to bring in Deadpool, because the Marvel movies are only really about Spider-Man, X-men, and The Avengers and a few Punisher movies. They have had Deadpool in on Wolverine movie, but he needs to be brought out, as he can help with bringing out more darker and grittier characters.

Who is deadpool and what does he bring to the table (powers wise)?

"1"

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 04:44:27 PM »
Exactly.

"1"

They have stopped his plans quite a few times in the Comics.

Magneto did once, for example

Stryfe did

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 04:53:49 PM »
Who is deadpool and what does he bring to the table (powers wise)?

"1"
Imagine a guy with terminal cancer and Wolverine's healing factor, that apparently doesn't get rid of the cancer and has the JNN's knowledge of pop culture maxed to the nth degree. Now, imagine that said person has the physique of Flex Wheeler, the mouth of Shawn Ray, and Josh's mentality---then add small parts of each Getbigger. And make him a mercenary or cares more about killing than Warren Buffett cares about making money. He brings cynicism, pop culture referenced one liners and a healing factor. One of Marvel's most popular characters. Hopefully you can picture this image. If not, here ya go. Think of him as a twisted Getbig version of Spider-Man...with a "stab list".

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 05:31:52 PM »
And with the Fighting Skills of DeathStroke (Slade Wilson) , one must add

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 09:32:25 PM »
Imagine a guy with terminal cancer and Wolverine's healing factor, that apparently doesn't get rid of the cancer and has the JNN's knowledge of pop culture maxed to the nth degree. Now, imagine that said person has the physique of Flex Wheeler, the mouth of Shawn Ray, and Josh's mentality---then add small parts of each Getbigger. And make him a mercenary or cares more about killing than Warren Buffett cares about making money. He brings cynicism, pop culture referenced one liners and a healing factor. One of Marvel's most popular characters. Hopefully you can picture this image. If not, here ya go. Think of him as a twisted Getbig version of Spider-Man...with a "stab list".

http://io9.com/behold-the-incredible-and-official-deadpool-movie-te-1613111518?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Behold The Official Deadpool Movie Test Footage In Hi-Res Here!

Authentic! Approved! Non-bootlegged! If you didn't get to see the test footage of a Ryan Reynolds-voiced, potentially all-CG version of the Merc with a Mouth earlier this week — or even if you did, and want to see it the way it ought to be seen — watch it here, now. I say again: It's so perfect it will break you heart that this movie hasn't been made yet.

Apparently this is just a small pat of an 8-minute test reel made by Tim Miller's Blur Studios, who was once attached to direct a Deadpool movie. Here's hoping the other six minutes are too far behind...