Author Topic: And people wonder why the population keep ...  (Read 1566 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
And people wonder why the population keep ...
« on: May 30, 2014, 04:23:54 PM »
Only the most ignorant, brain dead moron could wonder why people keep voting for the Democrats?
I don't care what your political philosophy is, if you're voting for the GOP, you're an idiot for thinking you're not going to get what the powers that be, want you to get, ...and what they want for you is further enslavement.
It's not about what you belief, or what your "candidate" purports to believe, ...it's what they do, ...and they will do whatever their owners want them to do.

How can any society expect to advance when it eats it's young, viewing them as cash cows?
Your elected officials are being allowed to transition them from being dairy cows to beef cattle.
Big banks are getting zero % interest, while students are seeing upwards of 10% ??
They are the very future of your country, and they are being financially enslaved right out of the starting gate.

You're living in a Plutocracy where your vote is being steered in whatever direction they choose
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: And people wonder why the population keep ...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 04:33:09 PM »
Hard to make a legitimate point with soundbites taken from internet posters/pictures.  Accuracy is in question.  No context. 

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 05:14:23 PM »
Hard to make a legitimate point with soundbites taken from internet posters/pictures.  Accuracy is in question.  No context. 

That would require thinking, which is difficult.

When a person still can't even utilize "its" versus "it's" correctly, it isn't reasonable to expect them to provide coherent (yet alone cogent) analyses of complex economic phenomena.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 05:24:24 PM »

People flip out when a post is too lengthy. They want the Cliff notes. Here they are.
Pictures tell a thousand word. No context? ::)  No, ...more like no will or no brain cells to understand.

When a person still can't even utilize "its" versus "it's" correctly, it isn't reasonable to expect them to provide coherent (yet alone cogent) analyses of complex economic phenomena.

You say that like you've never heard of iPad auto-correct.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »

True. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
People flip out when a post is too lengthy. They want the Cliff notes. Here they are.
Pictures tell a thousand word. No context? ::)  No, ...more like no will or no brain cells to understand.

You say that like you've never heard of iPad auto-correct.

I haven't read people flipping out over long posts.  I do know some who refuse to read them if they are too long. 

Incredibly simplistic approach to try and make points with misleading pictures, but to each his own. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 07:38:08 PM »
I haven't read people flipping out over long posts.  I do know some who refuse to read them if they are too long. 

Incredibly simplistic approach to try and make points with misleading pictures, but to each his own. 

You know "some" who refuse to read them if they're too long?  lol  BB, fess up, is one of those folks you?

And, c'mon, are all the points accompanied by pictures posted by 24KT "misleading"?  (The ones concerning student loans seem compelling to me so I'd honestly like to know if they're misleading.)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »
You know "some" who refuse to read them if they're too long?  lol  BB, fess up, is one of those folks you?

And, c'mon, are all the points accompanied by pictures posted by 24KT "misleading"?  (The ones concerning student loans seem compelling to me so I'd honestly like to know if they're misleading.)

Guilty.  I'm definitely one of those with internet ADD.   :)

Yes, misleading, particularly when they are out of context.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »
Guilty.  I'm definitely one of those with internet ADD.   :)

Yes, misleading, particularly when they are out of context.

Please explain to the good readers how they are misleading? No need for an abbreviated response either.
You have all the leeway in the world to provide your so-called "context"
w

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 01:53:05 AM »
Big banks are getting zero % interest, while students are seeing upwards of 10% ??

If that's what private lenders wish to charge, then that's fine by me.

They are the very future of your country, and they are being financially enslaved right out of the starting gate.

Plenty of us have managed to work our way through school and come out with zero debt.

You're living in a Plutocracy where your vote is being steered in whatever direction they choose

Huh... I guess my vote never got that memo.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=537903.0;attach=566562;image

And this proves what exactly? Even if he said that, correlation does not imply causation.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=537903.0;attach=566563;image

That's pretty horrible. But she freely shackled herself with debt. I believe people should be free to make their own decisions, even if those decisions are bad ones. And they ought to be responsible for them too.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=537903.0;attach=566564;image

This is outrageous... the government shouldn't be in the business of giving out loans to students.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 12:42:22 PM »
What many of these headlines fail to mention is that things are often voted down because they are poorly written, full of pork, or loaded with lots of very harmful extra bullshit. Then someone just spins it by saying "They voted AGAINST...!". It doesn't mean they are against the basic premise of the law, just that particular potentially harmful and bloated piece of legislation. Sometimes that particular issue is not even a major piece of the proposed legislation.
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 05:29:41 AM »
What many of these headlines fail to mention is that things are often voted down because they are poorly written, full of pork, or loaded with lots of very harmful extra bullshit. Then someone just spins it by saying "They voted AGAINST...!". It doesn't mean they are against the basic premise of the law, just that particular potentially harmful and bloated piece of legislation. Sometimes that particular issue is not even a major piece of the proposed legislation.

END OF THREAD.

But, I am sure the OP knew that already and she was just trolling. Right? ::)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 06:33:37 AM »
The OP doesn't even bother to ponder why is it that Democrats only try to deal with these issues MONTHS before elections. They never bring these concerns early on after being elected to office, but boy, oh boy, when election time comes around and they realize that they did nothing, THEN they bring these issues up. But, yet, we are to believe that the Democratic party is the only party that "cares".

Now, was that bill SOLELY about equal pay or was it about something else? It was about something else:
Supporters of the bill, called the Paycheck Fairness Act, say it would bring transparency to worker pay by making it illegal for employers to penalize employees who discuss their salaries and by requiring the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to collect pay information from employers. It would also allow civil pay discrimination lawsuits to be filed against employers.

Republican lawmakers have said that given existing anti-discrimination laws, the legislation is redundant and is a transparent attempt by Democrats to distract from President Obama’s much-criticized health care law.Republicans opposed the bill, arguing it would encourage “frivolous” lawsuits and deprive women of workplace flexibility.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 07:32:07 AM »

yeah but its just easier to market your party towards the lowest common denominator voter if you just say that "Republicans hate students".

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »
yeah but its just easier to market your party towards the lowest common denominator voter if you just say that "Republicans hate students".

Haven't you heard?  The Republicans hate everyone except rich, white males.  If you are not a rich, white male and you are also not a Democrat, then you are a house knee-grow.

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 08:21:56 AM »
Women do receive equal pay for equal work, what people are not told is that when comparisons are made a few details are left out-
Take the avg. cop or teacher or firefighter whatever - they are grouped together instead of being grouped by education level or experience etc... most jobs that are decent paying were or are traditionally held by men, you take a woman in any job with the same experience and credentials as a man and they are paid the same for the same job
gotta compare apples to apples to get the truth
A male cop with 5 yrs. more experience on avg. makes more than a female in the same position, but this info is left out of all the stats

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
Women do receive equal pay for equal work, what people are not told is that when comparisons are made a few details are left out-
Take the avg. cop or teacher or firefighter whatever - they are grouped together instead of being grouped by education level or experience etc... most jobs that are decent paying were or are traditionally held by men, you take a woman in any job with the same experience and credentials as a man and they are paid the same for the same job
gotta compare apples to apples to get the truth
A male cop with 5 yrs. more experience on avg. makes more than a female in the same position, but this info is left out of all the stats

which is exactly what the Obama administration said in response to Republicans making the exact same accusations about Obama's administration using the exact same facts.  funny how political parties prey on voters to get them to believe what they need them to believe. 

........and we all keep participating.  and not only participating but participating with enthusiasm.  its fucking getting ridiculous.  and everyone walks around so proud that they voted because TV tells them they should be.  and its all a big fucking shit show.

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 09:19:46 AM »
Politicians on both sides of the aisle have sold America down the river a long time ago, we let it happen though
we became lazy and apathetic across the board ......

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 11:27:01 AM »

And a huge problem is that the MSM is biased against the GOP as well.
A

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »
Politicians on both sides of the aisle have sold America down the river a long time ago, we let it happen though
we became lazy and apathetic across the board ......

This, and cheerleaders like the OP who treat 'their' political side like it's their favorite sports team are as much to blame as the most apathetic non-voter.

I'm not sure why anyone would self define so strongly as a 'democrat' or 'Republican' that they would ignore or worse still, defend, the failings of their elected reps.

any rational person would hold every politician accountable for their failures no matter what letter comes after their name.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 12:49:42 PM »
This, and cheerleaders like the OP who treat 'their' political side like it's their favorite sports team are as much to blame as the most apathetic non-voter.

I'm not sure why anyone would self define so strongly as a 'democrat' or 'Republican' that they would ignore or worse still, defend, the failings of their elected reps.

any rational person would hold every politician accountable for their failures no matter what letter comes after their name.

exactly.  its funny that we don't hear a peep about Guantanomo Bay anymore.  Remember when that was a huge issue before 2008?  Now no one cares.  Why? 

NOTHING has changed.  The only reason the liberal democrats were making a stink about it at the time was because they were riding the wave of the anti war movement and they could use this issue to attack the Republican party and simply pretended to actually care about the issue.  Now that Obama won, they have no use for the issue anymore. 

and we put up with it.