Author Topic: Taliban releases Army soldier held for 5 years  (Read 4920 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Taliban releases Army soldier held for 5 years
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 06:39:35 AM »
Congress knew nothing about the exchange. Obama broke the law yet again.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 06:40:42 AM »
A PFC that deserted. As part of UCMJ (art. 85), that carries a death sentence. What are the chances that the guy will see one fucking day in Leavenworth?

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was planned way before the boy joined up back in 2008.
Dad probably told his son to join the army, desert, pretend to be prisoner for a few years while living with his Taliban brothers and hopefully spring some brothers out of Gitmo.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 06:47:54 AM »
1US soldier is worth way more then all of the Taliban fighters combined.  As I see it they did a great job to get him home.

Wrong. This is how hostages get taken. Let's take a page from the Soviet playbook in Beirut. You kidnap Soviet officials, the Spetsnaz tortures and kills the kidnappers families and sends the body parts to the kidnappers. Prisoners released and no more EVER taken. That's how you SOLVE the problem.

Realpolitik is often a messy business.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 06:59:36 AM »
Wrong. This is how hostages get taken. Let's take a page from the Soviet playbook in Beirut. You kidnap Soviet officials, the Spetsnaz tortures and kills the kidnappers families and sends the body parts to the kidnappers. Prisoners released and no more EVER taken. That's how you SOLVE the problem.

That's fucked up, I hope you don't truly believe that's the best way to approach things

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 07:02:37 AM »
Congress knew nothing about the exchange. Obama broke the law yet again.

Another impeachable offence.   Yes repubs won't impeach.  it's getting old.  They're giving him a signed permission slip to shit all over the law over and over.  

Rep. Issa should be drafting legislation today to impeach, plain and simple.  However, the way he let obama get away with birth cert, irs, benghazi, and fast & furious... I have to think obama will skate on this one too.

I'm glad the soldier is home - I do wonder what congress would have said about releasing 5 high level taliban.  Give them 12 years of lockup in GITMO then suddenly release them - those dudes are probably highly motivated for some revenge shit :(

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 07:03:31 AM »
That's fucked up, I hope you don't truly believe that's the best way to approach things

It's fucking messy, that's for sure. But let's do the math, if we want these guys now, it'll likely be via a drone strike on their villages. What's the collateral body count on that? Just because we aren't getting our collective hands dirty, doesn't mean that we don't do the same thing, just with less precision and less effect.

At its peak, the most effective shield for a Roman Citizen was the label "Citizen of Rome," as to bring harm on that person would bring the weight of the empire down on you and yours.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 07:14:51 AM »

If this would have been your son or your brother, what would you prefer to be done?
 I know its war but they are still humans. I cant imagine what this guy went thru or his family. 5 years in the hands of the Taliban as a US Soldier.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 07:16:40 AM »
If this would have been your son or your brother, what would you prefer to be done?
 I know its war but they are still humans. I cant imagine what this guy went thru or his family. 5 years in the hands of the Taliban as a US Soldier.

Reminding the audience...he was a deserter that left the Army to be with the Taliban.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 07:18:52 AM »
There is something really fishy about this story. The Soldier studies an Arabic language while at base. He takes off from his base with a compass and maps at night without his rifle. His father has tweeted sympathy towards the Taliban that he has since deleted and he speaks an Arabic language. What soldier would walk off the base in the middle of the night into hostile territory? Why did he sent his belongings home while in the middle of a deployment? Why was he always asking questions about operations of the base that didn't concern his job? His father said his son feels more comfortable speaking in Arabic so he talked to him in an Arabic language. I think there are two possibilities. 1. He's a traitor. 2. He is mentally ill.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 07:23:40 AM »
Reminding the audience...he was a deserter that left the Army to be with the Taliban.
I didn't read that.  :o :o For real? if that would be thru then its a different story but it doesn't make sense then. Fucking politics of Peace

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 07:42:19 AM »
Another impeachable offence.   Yes repubs won't impeach.  it's getting old.  They're giving him a signed permission slip to shit all over the law over and over.  

Rep. Issa should be drafting legislation today to impeach, plain and simple.  However, the way he let obama get away with birth cert, irs, benghazi, and fast & furious... I have to think obama will skate on this one too.

I'm glad the soldier is home - I do wonder what congress would have said about releasing 5 high level taliban.  Give them 12 years of lockup in GITMO then suddenly release them - those dudes are probably highly motivated for some revenge shit :(

Beyond impeachable. It's treason. He needs to go. The repubs won't do anything for what ever reason. He needs to be taken out.....of office.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 07:45:52 AM »
Beyond impeachable. It's treason.

USSS notices shit like this.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 08:16:55 AM »
How long before the US hit the explode trigger they implanted on them before releasing them

This^^^The shit they have now many people wouldn't believe...I've read about shit that they can put in your brain that totally undetectable that can make you walk out in traffic and look like an accident. lol

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »
Let's see...the administration, the media and the Taliban all say these guys were "senior".

Goodrum says they were low-level. Who to believe, who to believe...

Are you doubting CNN TNN (Trailer News Network)?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2014, 08:57:19 AM »
Are you doubting CNN TNN (Trailer News Network)?

I am sure that Vince's sources within the Taliban are legit. Probably just some linguistic confusion when Vince had to pose the questions in Pashto. He's a little rusty.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2014, 09:23:33 AM »
woah, he was a deserter?   damn.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2014, 10:12:14 AM »
It would be cool to spend 5 years with the Taliban. They will have you in contest shape in no time.  ::)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »
woah, he was a deserter?   damn.

He was a deserter that was open about his distain for America.  He should face charges as a deserter and enemy sympathizer.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »
Pretty much. Obama has been looking for a way to release these Taliban commanders for a while as part of his "appeasement and surrender" plan.

I'm telling you, Obama isn't one of us. He's s Muslim traitor. Id bet my life on it

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »
wider than you-know-who.
a

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 10:52:34 AM »
There is something really fishy about this story. The Soldier studies an Arabic language while at base. He takes off from his base with a compass and maps at night without his rifle. His father has tweeted sympathy towards the Taliban that he has since deleted and he speaks an Arabic language. What soldier would walk off the base in the middle of the night into hostile territory?Why did he sent his belongings home while in the middle of a deployment? Why was he always asking questions about operations of the base that didn't concern his job? His father said his son feels more comfortable speaking in Arabic so he talked to him in an Arabic language. I think there are two possibilities. 1. He's a traitor. 2. He is mentally ill.

A.) A mentally unstable one like Robert Bates.

Or.

B.) One that wants to defect.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2014, 10:56:08 AM »
1US soldier is worth way more then all of the Taliban fighters combined.  As I see it they did a great job to get him home.

Obama can kill Osama (so he claims), but it took 5 years to get this guy out? 

Yeah, great job.  ::)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2014, 11:01:36 AM »
I'm sure any taliban prisoner they use for exchanges are throughly, chemically lobotomized first. It wouldn't make sense to instill hatred and vengeance in people for 10 years at a black site only to release them again. That would only serve as radicalization.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2014, 11:12:19 AM »
We had to give up five senior Taliban leaders held at Gitmo to get Bergdahl back.

What would you do if one of these guys got on your flight? ;D

'We' LOL  ::)