Author Topic: England world cup departure gatecrashed by Simon Brodkin  (Read 4006 times)

denarii

• Getbig V
England world cup departure gatecrashed by Simon Brodkin
« on: June 01, 2014, 04:03:33 PM »
Simon Brodkin, a character comedian known primarily for his creation Lee Nelson, attempted to join the England World Cup squad as they flew from Luton Airport to Miami on Sunday morning for the start of their training camp.

Players, including the captain, Steven Gerrard, looked on in bemusement as Brodkin, who was dressed as his creation the 'Premier League footballer' Jason Bent, in a silver/grey suit and striped tie to try to blend in with the party, pushed past the security guards.

Brodkin waved his passport at security staff as the players made their way from a coach to a private hangar ready to board the plane and it is understood that he protested to Gerrard, complaining about not being included by manager Roy Hodgson in the squad for Brazil.

Glen Johnson and the majority of his colleagues saw the funny side of the stunt, but others looked on dumbstruck as police and guards surrounded him and ushered him away for questioning.

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: England world cup departure gatecrashed
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »

fucking losers

edit:

fucking rooney needs to sdtart earning some of that 'world class' status he's labeled with

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 04:45:23 PM »
fucking losers

[/quote

Wait til they lose on penalties in the QF to call them that.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 05:21:50 PM »
hahahah England oh brother  ::) wont even make it past group  ::)

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 05:24:26 PM »

they're not that shit, lol

Wait til they lose on penalties in the QF to call them that.

aye. same old, same old ::)

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 05:27:46 PM »
they're not that shit, lol

aye. same old, same old ::)
they are shyte good sir and trust me i know all to well about mr roooooooney needing to earn this world class rep he has, im Portuguese our best player is never our best player at the tourney  ::)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 05:31:35 PM »
they are shyte good sir and trust me i know all to well about mr roooooooney needing to earn this world class rep he has, im Portuguese our best player is never our best player at the tourney  ::)

I'm Irish, our best player will be...oh, yeah, 12 years since we made World Cup and I was doing exams  ::) Small shit football country of peace.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »
I'm Irish, our best player will be...oh, yeah, 12 years since we made World Cup and I was doing exams  ::) Small shit football country of peace.
ouch lol!!!!! i will say this i dont like the England's changes to win the group im going with italy to win it and Uruguay and Mr. Forlán to move on as well they are a solid side who are more then used to playing in this climate.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 05:40:58 PM »
ouch lol!!!!! i will say this i dont like the England's changes to win the group im going with italy to win it and Uruguay and Mr. Forlán to move on as well they are a solid side who are more then used to playing in this climate.

If Suarez misses group stage Uruguay will be so disheartened they will fuck up... probably. I think Cavani is completely overrated but could just be distorted from his display v Chelsea, the c"u"nts

My gf is Brazilian so for once I have a legit reason to support a team with a good chance of winning.

Was reading a thing on BBC today re boredom for players. I think they should be allowed to go on the piss/have a few drinks if they normally do it. Why break a routine?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 05:55:02 PM »
If Suarez misses group stage Uruguay will be so disheartened they will fuck up... probably. I think Cavani is completely overrated but could just be distorted from his display v Chelsea, the c"u"nts

My gf is Brazilian so for once I have a legit reason to support a team with a good chance of winning.

Was reading a thing on BBC today re boredom for players. I think they should be allowed to go on the piss/have a few drinks if they normally do it. Why break a routine?
biggest stage on sports they there to do a job so they better be at their best they can piss around after they get booted  ;D how do you like my Portuguese chances in our group? im praying for a tie with the germans on the 16th should leave us sitting pretty the rest of the way

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 06:01:33 PM »

lol  ;D

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 06:05:27 PM »
biggest stage on sports they there to do a job so they better be at their best they can piss around after they get booted  ;D how do you like my Portuguese chances in our group? im praying for a tie with the germans on the 16th should leave us sitting pretty the rest of the way

Ghana and USA should be cannon fodder. Essien is from Ghana isn't he? Big diff in how he is now and 4 and 8 years ago.

Germany, depends how they adjust to conditions and where match is. If it is in Manaus or somewhere similar Portuagal have slight advantage but Portugal won't find jungle conditions easy too. Ronaldo tends to play well in big games he just fucks up in shootouts under pressure. Missed peno for Man U v Chelsea in CL final in 2008 and pretty sure he missed v Spain in either Euros or last WC.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 06:07:05 PM »
Ghana and USA should be cannon fodder. Essien is from Ghana isn't he? Big diff in how he is now and 4 and 8 years ago.

Germany, depends how they adjust to conditions and where match is. If it is in Manaus or somewhere similar Portuagal have slight advantage but Portugal won't find jungle conditions easy too. Ronaldo tends to play well in big games he just fucks up in shootouts under pressure. Missed peno for Man U v Chelsea in CL final in 2008 and pretty sure he missed v Spain in either Euros or last WC.
we seem to do just fine in shoot outs against the english  ;D

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 06:07:58 PM »
we seem to do just fine in shoot outs against the english  ;D

Thalidomide victims would beat England in a shootout.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »
Thalidomide victims would beat England in a shootout.
too true mate lol we square off against the germans in salvador btw

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »
too true mate lol we square off against the germans in salvador btw

My Brazilian geography doesn't extend to knowing the climate of there.... Just checked, more than 1000km north of Rio, but it's near coast so shouldn't be horrible.

I have gone to Sao Paolo twice in their summer (Nov/Dec) with 38C heat and fuck knows humidity, was hard to train. Rio was 44C at same time can't imagine was Salvador would be, let alone Manaus. Being coastal humidity shouldn't be too bad, I live by the beach and it's a different world being 2 km away from sea.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 02:16:13 AM »
My Brazilian geography doesn't extend to knowing the climate of there.... Just checked, more than 1000km north of Rio, but it's near coast so shouldn't be horrible.

I have gone to Sao Paolo twice in their summer (Nov/Dec) with 38C heat and fuck knows humidity, was hard to train. Rio was 44C at same time can't imagine was Salvador would be, let alone Manaus. Being coastal humidity shouldn't be too bad, I live by the beach and it's a different world being 2 km away from sea.

Play all elimination games in Belem, a nice place to pick up indigenous girl.

BTW, someone needs to explain to her she's worth about $1M a year to an agency vs. dropping babies for that dweller. 

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »

16th -32nd place  ;D

Climate will be good excuse  ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »

Feel sorry for Leprechauns, no much ball talents  :-\
Just look also small countries like Belgium or Croatia  :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
fucking losers

edit:

fucking rooney needs to sdtart earning some of that 'world class' status he's labeled with
Just today had an e-mail from a relative in Leek. He noted that expectations are so lacking for this team that there just might be something to look forward to: "hopes for England are low this time, which may mean they do better than normal."     ;D

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »
Feel sorry for Leprechauns, no much ball talents  :-\
Just look also small countries like Belgium or Croatia  :)

It's not that, it's that football isn't near the biggest sport here, Gaelic football and hurling are bigger, rugby is similar size and we are European champions (6 nations) in that and at the top table at club level (Leinster 3 Heineken cups, Munster 2, Ulster 1).

To be fair from mid 80s to 2002 we punched well above our weight, Euros SF, WC QF and WC last 16 twice with a population of 4 million and a tiny player base.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 12:20:22 AM »
It's not that, it's that football isn't near the biggest sport here, Gaelic football and hurling are bigger, rugby is similar size and we are European champions (6 nations) in that and at the top table at club level (Leinster 3 Heineken cups, Munster 2, Ulster 1).

To be fair from mid 80s to 2002 we punched well above our weight, Euros SF, WC QF and WC last 16 twice with a population of 4 million and a tiny player base.

No Irishman in Uefa Champions League team of the year,  ;D