Author Topic: Taking a break  (Read 1654 times)

the trainer

Taking a break
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:11:32 AM »
How often do you take a break from lifting do you workout all year round or do you take a week off from time to time.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Taking a break
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:16:03 AM »
How often do you take a break from lifting do you workout all year round or do you take a week off from time to time.

I am mostly idiotic about it. I plan to take a week every 12 off. I rarely do and I usually train until an injury or illness knocks me out. I wish that I wasn't so fucking OCD about training that I could take a week off  :-\

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:16:31 AM »
I haven't taken more than a week off in about 10 years. It's an addiction man.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:24:10 AM »

When your mind and your heart isn't in it no more.

Foozle

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 06:24:57 AM »

All we know is you never take a break from knob slurping, nut fondling, taint sniffing and sticking anything you can up men's butts, pulling it out, and then sucking it like a popsicle. (poopsicle)

You also never take a break from completely sucking at posting, despite sharing your account with multiple uses, of which the lot of you can't produce a single post better than a syphillis infected orangutan with a lisp could.  All your posts fucking suck.

Fuck off, sperm breath.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 06:28:57 AM »
All we know is you never take a break from knob slurping, nut fondling, taint sniffing and sticking anything you can up men's butts, pulling it out, and then sucking it like a popsicle. (poopsicle)

You also never take a break from completely sucking at posting, despite sharing your account with multiple uses, of which the lot of you can't produce a single post better than a syphillis infected orangutan with a lisp could.  All your posts fucking suck.

Fuck off, sperm breath.

:D

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 06:34:14 AM »
I am mostly idiotic about it. I plan to take a week every 12 off. I rarely do and I usually train until an injury or illness knocks me out. I wish that I wasn't so fucking OCD about training that I could take a week off  :-\

Same, though I miss a day here and there because of work/kid or whatever. I feel absolutely drained today and have to buy shit for my holiday on Thursday, still get that nervous feeling like I'm doing something wrong (not training) in my stomach  :-\

I get the same about everything - taking a shot of test or running out of melanotan, not having wine in house, thought of being late for work. Not perfect but better than being a lazy slob.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 06:35:26 AM »
In my 20's and early 30's I could hit it 6x/wk, no problem.  I always took the day off after leg day.

Long layoffs are much harder to bounce back from.  Taking 1 week off every few months is good for you physically and mentally and you will not lose muscle.  

As you get older you need more rest.  Very difficult for anyone over 45 (natty) to train more than 5 days/wk and make progress, even if your diet is meticulous.  

Training hard and smart will enable you to stay strong as you age.  However, strength and energy levels naturally decrease with age now matter what you do.  

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 07:01:01 AM »
Fall winter time I go pretty much every day and do most of my heavy lifting. Sometimes weeks without taking a day of.
Comes  summer I'm more relaxed about workouts and days of.  But i still go by gut feeling.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 07:04:50 AM »
I took today off because I trained 3 days in a row and my fucking shoulder feels like it is about to fall off. And I feel guilty about it. God, what a fucking training-tool I am.

A week? Hahaha! I wouldn't survive.

the trainer

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 07:05:19 AM »
The thing is you cannot train heavy all year round, if you are not taking breaks then you need light training every now and then so you dont kill your joints.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 07:07:38 AM »
The thing is you cannot train heavy all year round, if you are not taking breaks then you need light training every now and then so you dont kill your joints.

At my advanced decrepitude, I don't train with stupid poundages any more at all. No sense fucking myself more than I already am.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 07:20:30 AM »
I took today off because I trained 3 days in a row and my fucking shoulder feels like it is about to fall off. And I feel guilty about it. God, what a fucking training-tool I am.

A week? Hahaha! I wouldn't survive.
Thats a tough one. But in your case you got to be smart and rest. Don't fuck your shoulder completely. Go see a Dr. and take care of it. Nothing is worse then being slowed down (or stopped) by injury.

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 01:59:53 PM »
I dont train at all on holiday, just swim in the pool and snorkel.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »
I never take breaks. Psychologically, I couldn't handle them. No more than a full week off once a year (usually cave and train after 5-6 days).

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »
I am mostly idiotic about it. I plan to take a week every 12 off. I rarely do and I usually train until an injury or illness knocks me out. I wish that I wasn't so fucking OCD about training that I could take a week off  :-\

Im the exact same way... Weird.. NH water maybe...
I have ADD and OCD, that is, I have a hard time remembering what I obsess over...

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 03:28:51 PM »

Fuck off, sperm breath.

A thing of beauty.....

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 07:52:56 PM »
3 years ago i took a huge break(1year).. just eat crap and drink beer... my friends show me pics of how fat my face was... will never do that again...as soon as i started to train.. team lean face came back and the girls came
real men= no rubbers

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 07:58:31 PM »
Have not set foot in a gym in more than 4yrs. Best thing I ever did was stop going to that stink/brofest.

Cardio mostly now & some light bw exercises.

Bgpapi23

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »

Fuck off, sperm breath.

Literally made me spit my drank out laughing so hard!

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 10:23:28 PM »
Have not set foot in a gym in more than 4yrs. Best thing I ever did was stop going to that stink/brofest.

Cardio mostly now & some light bw exercises.
We got that from your avi.