Author Topic: World Cup Soccer - Who Will Win?  (Read 137201 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: World Cup Soccer - Who Will Win?
« Reply #1350 on: July 05, 2014, 03:23:36 AM »
Even the local homeless at the graveyard show their support...

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #1351 on: July 05, 2014, 03:30:49 AM »
Archaeology - soccer/footbal, that's a striking and original resemblance :D

Don't you follow the sport at all? People in the UK who don't really follow soccer much will still take an interest once the WC comes around, especially if England are doing well.
With Holland having a real chance of winning the tournament, I thought you would be a little more intrigued in what's going on. :D

I saw a cartoon strip the other day in a national paper. Two guys sitting in a bar and one says to the other "Can you remember what we used to talk about before the WC started?"

:D ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1352 on: July 05, 2014, 03:46:27 AM »
Don't you follow the sport at all? People in the UK who don't really follow soccer much will still take an interest once the WC comes around, especially if England are doing well.
With Holland having a real chance of winning the tournament, I thought you would be a little more intrigued in what's going on. :D

I saw a cartoon strip the other day in a national paper. Two guys sitting in a bar and one says to the other "Can you remember what we used to talk about before the WC started?"

:D ;D

I only follow the sport of bodybuilding (I know, many don't call that a sport, but that's another topic). I know that 'our' team has to play against Costa Rica, since that's nearly impossible not to know, but I don't care who will win, since I have zero national pride (I know, an unpopular statement)

The only positive thing I see is that soccer/football unites people, which is a good thing in this individualistic modern society. If soccer is one of the reasons why two guys have a good time, then more power to them  :)

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #1353 on: July 05, 2014, 07:19:34 AM »
World Cup Matches on Tap for Today:

Argentina
Belgium

Netherlands
Costa Rica

Predickshuns......Argent ina and the Dutch move on.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #1354 on: July 05, 2014, 07:40:16 AM »
argentina v belgium

holland v costa rica

my picks in red, with added bonus of cheating, diving cunt arjen robben suffering an agonising, career ending injury *fingers crossed*

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #1355 on: July 05, 2014, 08:17:47 AM »
what would be a more interesting final:  Germany vs. Argentina or Germany vs. The Netherlands?

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #1356 on: July 05, 2014, 08:29:51 AM »
I would not want to be playing Costa Rica and have it go to penalty kicks....

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #1357 on: July 05, 2014, 08:47:27 AM »
what would be a more interesting final:  Germany vs. Argentina or Germany vs. The Netherlands?

Brazil v Argentina or Germany v Holland.

Germany and Holland hate each other, biggest rivalry for both countries esp after 1974. Holland were playing amazing, blowing teams away. Tournament was in Germany (W Germany). Before they met in final German press released stories that Dutch players were having sluts over to hotel room and hot tub parties. Cue all wives flying over and bert staring their husbands, husbands being bitched at etc. Germany won final 2-1.

Brazil v Argentina prob won't happen with Thiago Silva AND Neymar out but Neymar and Brazil v Messi and Argentina in the Maracana would have been such a spectacle.

Hard to pick winners today but Holland should beat Costa Rica. Argentina have been balls so far, played awful teams and rely on 1 late goal by Messi or A N Other with an assist by Messi but Belgium have been underwhelming considering their pre tournament form.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #1358 on: July 05, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »
Lustral, explain this to me please:  Silva got a yellow card for interfering with the Colombian goalie yesterday and so his punishment is that he misses the next game against Germany but he could keep playing in the current game against Colombia ... wtf?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #1359 on: July 05, 2014, 09:17:23 AM »
Lustral, explain this to me please:  Silva got a yellow card for interfering with the Colombian goalie yesterday and so his punishment is that he misses the next game against Germany but he could keep playing in the current game against Colombia ... wtf?

1-0 to Argentina.

OK, a yellow card is a warning for a semi-serious offence like a bad tackle or cynical play like time wasting etc. The person is sent off in the same match for two yellow cards or a red card and suspended for next match.

If they got a yellow card in the last match (the round of 16) it carries into the next match (QF) so that another yellow card suspends them from the next game (SF) but the yellow card is treated the same in the match being played - just a warning.

It makes sense in a league but in a cup it is very harsh. Lot of great players have missed world cup and champions league finals with such a suspension.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #1360 on: July 05, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »
argentina v belgium

holland v costa rica

my picks in red, with added bonus of cheating, diving cunt arjen robben suffering an agonising, career ending injury *fingers crossed*

You're going to be wrong 2 times. Be very careful what you wish for, chief. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1361 on: July 05, 2014, 09:39:50 AM »

No more orange on the streets would be a blessing ;)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #1362 on: July 05, 2014, 09:44:08 AM »

Only if we kick the royal family out of the country after we strip them from their properties.   

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #1363 on: July 05, 2014, 09:47:33 AM »
If they got a yellow card in the last match (the round of 16) it carries into the next match (QF) so that another yellow card suspends them from the next game (SF) but the yellow card is treated the same in the match being played - just a warning.

that answers my confusion, thanks.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #1364 on: July 05, 2014, 09:48:25 AM »

Holland would be my favourites to win now. I'm probably tempting fate as they have yet to play CR but they are so tactically versatile and have had luck too.

I want Brazil to win but hard to see them getting past SF with injuries and suspensions.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #1365 on: July 05, 2014, 10:54:49 AM »

fuck no, Costa Rica for the win

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #1366 on: July 05, 2014, 10:59:07 AM »
Argentina with a 1-0 win in a well played game.

;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1367 on: July 05, 2014, 11:04:56 AM »
Only if we kick the royal family out of the country after we strip them from their properties.   

They have too many supporters to achieve this

Holland would be my favourites to win now. I'm probably tempting fate as they have yet to play CR but they are so tactically versatile and have had luck too.

I want Brazil to win but hard to see them getting past SF with injuries and suspensions.

I love the women and culture of Brazil, so they have my blessing..

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #1368 on: July 05, 2014, 11:08:56 AM »
Argentina with a 1-0 win in a well played game.

;D

Started off well then got a bit scrappy. Di Maria would be a big loss if his injury is bad.

No idea what to expect from next match, depends how Holland play. Costa Rica would like a scrappy game but that suits Holland just fine. Hope it is good to watch and some goals but I'm not holding my breath.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #1369 on: July 05, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
Started off well then got a bit scrappy. Di Maria would be a big loss if his injury is bad.

No idea what to expect from next match, depends how Holland play. Costa Rica would like a scrappy game but that suits Holland just fine. Hope it is good to watch and some goals but I'm not holding my breath.

Injury is bad?

WTF.....did he chip his toenail polish? These soccer players are the softest athletes in existence.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1370 on: July 05, 2014, 11:18:28 AM »
 They broke Neymar's spine. Horrible.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #1371 on: July 05, 2014, 11:40:46 AM »
belgium just not int it. fellaini a complete waste of space like he's been for the most part.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1372 on: July 05, 2014, 11:55:17 AM »
 ;D
Mr. AZ 2003

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #1373 on: July 05, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
The "challenge" on Neymar that resulted in the injury didn't look malicious to me.

Maybe Neymar should lift more.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #1374 on: July 05, 2014, 11:59:23 AM »
They broke Neymar's spine. Horrible.

Don't have much sympathy for him. Constantly feigning injuries and flopping. When he first went down, I couldn't tell if he was really hurt or not because of his reputation and the nature of the challenge.
Brazil targeted Rodriguez all game as well.