Author Topic: Global ice age/Global warming/climate change and its predictions are BS  (Read 10095 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ten years ago, the Pentagon paid for a climate study that put forth many scary scenarios.

Consultants told the military that, by now, California would be flooded by inland seas, The Hague would be unlivable, polar ice would be mostly gone in summer, and global temperatures would rise at an accelerated rate as high as 0.5 degrees a year.

None of that has happened.

Yet the 2003 report, “An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security,” is credited with kick-starting the movement that, to this day and perhaps with more vigor than ever, links climate change to national security.

The report also became gospel to climate change doomsayers, who predicted pervasive and more intense hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and droughts.

The release of this report is what likely sparked the ‘modern era’ of security interest in climate affairs,” said Jeff Kueter, president of the George C. Marshall Institute, a nonprofit that examines scientific issues that affect public policy.

“It was widely publicized and very much a tool of the political battles over climate raging at the time,” said Mr. Kueter, who sees as “tenuous” a link between U.S. security and climate change.

Doug Randall, who co-authored the Pentagon report, said, “Even I’m surprised at how often it’s referred to.

Some critics say such alarmist reports are causing the Pentagon to shift money that could be used for weapons and readiness. It is making big investments in biofuels, for example, and is working climate change into high-level strategic planning.

There is no exact budget line for climate change. The Government Accountability Office in 2011 documented a big increase in federal spending, from $4.6 billion in 2003 to nearly $9 billion in 2010.

Sen. James M. Inhofe of Oklahoma, the top Republican on the Senate Committee on Armed Services, has been the chief congressional critic of the Pentagon’s financial commitment to climate change. He said biofuel projects should be left to the Energy Department.

“The president’s misguided priorities with our national security can be seen in the $1 trillion defense cuts he has put into motion since taking office and then using the limited defense budget to support his green agenda,” Mr. Inhofe said in a statement to The Washington Times. “His green spending in the defense budget is based on the belief that climate change is the ‘new weapon of mass destruction.’ In the meantime the president has loosened sanctions on Iran, [which] has maintained their resources to develop and launch a nuclear weapon — the real weapon of mass destruction.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/1/pentagon-wrestles-with-false-climate-predictions-a/#ixzz33ZoHE1Zn
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Ten years ago, the Pentagon paid for a climate study that put forth many scary scenarios.

Consultants told the military that, by now, California would be flooded by inland seas, The Hague would be unlivable, polar ice would be mostly gone in summer, and global temperatures would rise at an accelerated rate as high as 0.5 degrees a year.

None of that has happened.

Yet the 2003 report, “An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security,” is credited with kick-starting the movement that, to this day and perhaps with more vigor than ever, links climate change to national security.

The report also became gospel to climate change doomsayers, who predicted pervasive and more intense hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and droughts.

The release of this report is what likely sparked the ‘modern era’ of security interest in climate affairs,” said Jeff Kueter, president of the George C. Marshall Institute, a nonprofit that examines scientific issues that affect public policy.

“It was widely publicized and very much a tool of the political battles over climate raging at the time,” said Mr. Kueter, who sees as “tenuous” a link between U.S. security and climate change.

Doug Randall, who co-authored the Pentagon report, said, “Even I’m surprised at how often it’s referred to.

Some critics say such alarmist reports are causing the Pentagon to shift money that could be used for weapons and readiness. It is making big investments in biofuels, for example, and is working climate change into high-level strategic planning.

There is no exact budget line for climate change. The Government Accountability Office in 2011 documented a big increase in federal spending, from $4.6 billion in 2003 to nearly $9 billion in 2010.

Sen. James M. Inhofe of Oklahoma, the top Republican on the Senate Committee on Armed Services, has been the chief congressional critic of the Pentagon’s financial commitment to climate change. He said biofuel projects should be left to the Energy Department.

“The president’s misguided priorities with our national security can be seen in the $1 trillion defense cuts he has put into motion since taking office and then using the limited defense budget to support his green agenda,” Mr. Inhofe said in a statement to The Washington Times. “His green spending in the defense budget is based on the belief that climate change is the ‘new weapon of mass destruction.’ In the meantime the president has loosened sanctions on Iran, [which] has maintained their resources to develop and launch a nuclear weapon — the real weapon of mass destruction.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/1/pentagon-wrestles-with-false-climate-predictions-a/#ixzz33ZoHE1Zn
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

consultants? predictions a long time ago? no actual data good article.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
consultants? predictions a long time ago? no actual data good article.

What data is that? The data that "global warming scientists" pick right out of their rear ends and put in a model to predict that in 30 years the eastern coast will be under water. That data? Imaginary data?

I already posted articles on this website where 10 years ago scientists claimed that the polar ice caps will be melted by now. That we would see every year an increase in temperatures. Yet, we have seen record breaking low temperatures during winter. That sea level would be higher than it is now.

Has any of that occurred? NO. Now they say it will be another 20 to 30 years. HEHEHEHEEHEHEH!!
Twenty years will come and go and then you will see them claim that they meant 50 years.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
What data is that? The data that "global warming scientists" pick right our their rear ends and put in a model to predict that in 30 years the eastern coast will be under water. That data? Imaginary data?

I already posted articles on this website where 10 years ago scientists claimed that the polar ice caps will be melted by now. That we would see every year an increase in temperatures. Yet, we have seen record breaking low temperatures during winter. That sea level would be higher than it is now.

Has any of that occurred? NO. Now they say it will be another 20 to 30 years. HEHEHEHEEHEHEH!!
Twenty years will come and go and then you will see them claim that they meant 50 years.

who predicted such a silly thing? I honestly don't know what you are getting on about dude, this is all make believe shit you are spewing. You use the word scientists like they are the borg or something. born idiot.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
What data is that? The data that "global warming scientists" pick right our their rear ends and put in a model to predict that in 30 years the eastern coast will be under water. That data? Imaginary data?

You're trolling, admit it.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You're trolling, admit it.

You're naive, admit it.

Any scientist that has as many unfulfilled predictions as global warming scientists have had in the last 15 years would have been discredited by now.

Not with these global warming alarmists. No matter how many times they have been wrong, their word is considered final.

Admit it, you are sheeple.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
You're naive, admit it.

Any scientist that has as many unfulfilled predictions as global warming scientists have had in the last 15 years would have been discredited by now.

Not with these global warming alarmists. No matter how many times they have been wrong, their word is considered final.

Admit it, you are sheeple.

Whose predictions dude? what are you going on about? cali under water? No estimates around the world said that. you must be reading science from the media, which makes sense.

predictions are constantly wrong in science, you just have no idea. Physics is one field where paradigm shifts can occur rapidly, even whole theories scrapped.

if you are trolling you are bad.

RRKore

• Getbig IV

So, basically, you're saying that you think the advancement of scientific knowledge stopped in about 1999. 

Hmmm, yeah, that makes sense. lol   

Ok, though, let's run with this idea...

Riddle me this, Retardario:

If it makes sense to you to discount an entire field of scientific study because scientists in that field have been wrong in the past (btw, this does NOT make sense to me), then why o why are you religious?

Because clearly, predictions and even explanations of the real world by religious leaders have been wrongedy-wrong-wrong since the dawn of man up until today.  So, why would you put stock in any of that crap?

My advice to you?  Probably better for you to say you're trolling than to admit your brain doesn't work so well.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So, basically, you're saying that you think the advancement of scientific knowledge stopped in about 1999. 

Hmmm, yeah, that makes sense. lol   

LOL!!

Advancement of knowledge? Even after 1999, Gore and other scientist claimed that Arctic ice was supposed to melt 2 years ago.

Even today, you nitwits point to warm temperatures as proof of your global warming myth, while ignoring the record low temperatures in the past 2 winters.

On top of that the constant name change for this phenomena. Every time predictions don't materialize, you can see another name change.

Give it up, sheeple. There is no new knowlege. Only rehashed predictions by alarmists seeking to line their pockets.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
LOL!!

Advancement of knowledge? Even after 1999, Gore and other scientist claimed that Arctic ice was supposed to melt 2 years ago.

who? al gore? no one in the science community gives a fuck about a politician. You keep saying scientists, who? NASA? who

Even today, you nitwits point to warm temperatures as proof of your global warming myth, while ignoring the record low temperatures in the past 2 winters.
What record low temps? you mean monthly or annual?

On top of that the constant name change for this phenomena. Every time predictions don't materialize, you can see another name
change.

what changes? it's always been warming, and climate change. You mean what the media has been calling it? this is the issue you get your info from biased sources.

Give it up, sheeple. There is no new knowlege. Only rehashed predictions by alarmists seeking to line their pockets.
aww they just used quantum computing to predict storms in Britain with alarming accuracy, brand new. There is all kinds of new evidence, like the rapidly ocean acidification (ten times faster then any point in history), or perhaps the collapsing ice sheet? never before seen? how about the reduction in the reefs? the third great mass extinction that is underway? not new?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
LOL!!

On top of that the constant name change for this phenomena. Every time predictions don't materialize, you can see another name change.

Too dumb even for you.   You're trolling.

Necrosis

• Getbig V

Too dumb even for you.   You're trolling.

yes he is but it's a boring troll, Al gore and other scientists. LMAO.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
HEHEHEHEHEHEH!!

Greenhouse effect=global warming=climate change=whatever the next name will be=STUPIDITY

Yeah, there is climate change. They are called seasons, you morons.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor

This public service announcement brought to you by avxo.

bears

• Getbig IV
I don't know anything about global warming.  but i do know that there's boatloads of guys making millions of dollars off of it.  its an undeniable fact that global warming is making a lot of people rich. 

I for one just hope its money well spent.  I also hope that the ones defending aren't just doing it because its "the liberal thing to do".  I mean we are shuttling BILLIONS of dollars towards it.  we should no doubt be looking for good answers and not rooting for one side or the other.  and that's exactly what i see....every day....

it's just funny to me how those so skeptical of the government and how they spent money 6-7 years ago are the same ones now attacking people for questioning that same government on how they are spending BILLIONS of dollars.  the political discourse in this country is getting so ridiculous.  science is now a political hot button?  we're so fucked.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Re: Global ice age/Global warming/climate change and its predictions are BS
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 11:30:54 PM »
   [/youtube]

Mawse

• Getbig IV
Re: Global ice age/Global warming/climate change and its predictions are BS
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 01:03:50 AM »
I don't know anything about global warming.  but i do know that there's boatloads of guys making millions of dollars off of it.  its an undeniable fact that global warming is making a lot of people rich. 

I for one just hope its money well spent.  I also hope that the ones defending aren't just doing it because its "the liberal thing to do".  I mean we are shuttling BILLIONS of dollars towards it.  we should no doubt be looking for good answers and not rooting for one side or the other.  and that's exactly what i see....every day....

it's just funny to me how those so skeptical of the government and how they spent money 6-7 years ago are the same ones now attacking people for questioning that same government on how they are spending BILLIONS of dollars.  the political discourse in this country is getting so ridiculous.  science is now a political hot button?  we're so fucked.

Well, here was the plan for Europe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/6623665/Van-Rompuy-wants-the-EU-to-run-on-CO2.html

Sadly the banks "recovery" took most of the money and people grew cynical of The Science of carbon taxes so it ran out of steam.