Author Topic: Peter Criss vs Eric Singer  (Read 4010 times)

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
Peter Criss vs Eric Singer
« on: June 03, 2014, 03:58:13 PM »
I have to go with Eric Singer. Better drummer and musician than Peter Criss, more manageable and does his job. They both look the same with the cat make up on. Plus Peter Criss does nothing but whine about Gene and Paul.
(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Peter Criss vs Eric Singer
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:59:23 PM »
I have to go with Eric Singer. Better drummer and musician than Peter Criss, more manageable and does his job. They both look the same with the cat make up on. Plus Peter Criss does nothing but whine about Gene and Paul.
Meh. There's a lot to whine about.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 04:22:52 PM »
Peter Criss all the way. He's the original kiss drummer/ member and without his contribution kiss wouldn't be what it is. Same goes for Ace Frehley. You can dress anyone up and give them songs to perform to but all they are is replacements for Peter and Ace.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 04:26:47 PM »
Gene Paul Peter Ace

K

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »
Eric Singer is a far superior drummer and much better singer.

In Paul's new book he states that before the reunion in 90's, Tommy Thayer had to teach Peter all the drum parts.  So, a guitar player had to teach Peter how to play the drums and re-learn the songs that HE originally recorded.  Peter = fucking loser.

Tommy also taught Ace all his guitar parts.  Ace = fucking loser.

Both of them got mad as hell at Tommy several times, cursing and lambasting him and he had to sit there and take it.  I really hope Tommy got paid well.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 04:40:46 PM »

In Paul's new book he states that before the reunion in 90's, Tommy Thayer had to teach Peter all the drum parts.  So, a guitar player had to teach Peter how to play the drums and re-learn the songs that HE originally recorded.  Peter = fucking loser.

Both of them got mad as hell at Tommy several times, cursing and lambasting him and he had to sit there and take it.  I really hope Tommy got paid well.

I am sure Tommy and Eric are both amazing men, however they will never ever replace the originals.  All the songs that Kiss is playing at the concerts are before Tommy and Eric...in other words all the songs from the early days of Kiss before Peter was booted out and before Ace left.  Peter and Ace are not losers.  They just got lost for a while battling addictions which they have beaten, both are sober. 

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 04:42:54 PM »
I wasn't that big a KISS fan but there are worse bands.

Like Air Supply, for example.
K

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »
I have got to brag..... I have Paul Stanleys autograph from when I saw them in concert here.  A roadie called me over and handed me a guitar pick with Pauls autograph on it and the ink was still wet.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »
I am sure Tommy and Eric are both amazing men, however they will never ever replace the originals.  All the songs that Kiss is playing at the concerts are before Tommy and Eric...in other words all the songs from the early days of Kiss before Peter was booted out and before Ace left.  Peter and Ace are not losers.  They just got lost for a while battling addictions which they have beaten, both are sober. 

Yeah, Kiss was at their best before the breakup, before all that other crap that came afterwards.

It was during the time of "Alive II" that they were best. With Ace and with Peter.

Unfortunately addiction got to them too hard after that.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »
I am sure Tommy and Eric are both amazing men, however they will never ever replace the originals.  All the songs that Kiss is playing at the concerts are before Tommy and Eric...in other words all the songs from the early days of Kiss before Peter was booted out and before Ace left.  Peter and Ace are not losers.  They just got lost for a while battling addictions which they have beaten, both are sober.  

I agree it's not really Kiss without Peter and Ace.  However...

Peter and Ace attained fame and fortune and then blew it.  Both had a second chance with the reunion... and blew it again.  Read Gene and Paul's books.  It's amazing how Peter and Ace shot themselves in the foot and fucked themselves over and over again.  

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »
I agree it's not really Kiss without Peter and Ace.  However...

Peter and Ace attained fame and fortune and then blew it.  Both had a second chance with the reunion... and blew it again.  Read Gene and Paul's books.  It's amazing how Peter and Ace shot themselves in the foot and fucked themselves over and over again.  

I have only read Ace's book so far.  As far as the reunion...Paul and Gene are control freaks and treated Peter and Ace like employees not like equal partners in a band.  That is disrespectful and shitty.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 05:16:35 PM »
Yeah, Kiss was at their best before the breakup, before all that other crap that came afterwards.

It was during the time of "Alive II" that they were best. With Ace and with Peter.

Unfortunately addiction got to them too hard after that.

One of my fav albums. 

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »
It just ain't Kiss without the original 4 Peter, Ace, Paul, and Gene.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 05:40:56 PM »

Absolutely, RIP. That said, Singer is a real drummer. Criss is a dude who got lucky with some drum sticks. He was the 70s Ringo. No comparison between the two.

Real problem now is Paul's voice. YouTube any recent performance.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:24 PM »
Absolutely, RIP. That said, Singer is a real drummer. Criss is a dude who got lucky with some drum sticks. He was the 70s Ringo. No comparison between the two.

Real problem now is Paul's voice. YouTube any recent performance.
If Eric is so good, then he can go start his own band.  The only music that counts really, is when Peter and Ace were in the band. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 05:58:15 PM »
If Eric is so good, then he can go start his own band.  The only music that counts really, is when Peter and Ace were in the band. 

He's been dead for decades, music fan.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »
It is Gene and Paul's band. The Spaceman and the Catman are chracters that are played by hired guns. Thayer and Singer are better than Ace and Peter.
(

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »
He's been dead for decades, music fan.
Lol. Eric Singer is alive dude.
(

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 06:05:54 PM »
Lol. Eric Singer is alive dude.

My bad, assumed she meant Carr.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 06:08:45 PM »
They shoulda followed through on their "Final Tour" promise in 90-something. They've made consistent shit since Lick it Up, I'd say.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 06:13:26 PM »
My bad, assumed she meant Carr.
I liked Eric Carr better than Eric Singer.  RIP

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »
It is Gene and Paul's band. The Spaceman and the Catman are chracters that are played by hired guns. Thayer and Singer are better than Ace and Peter.

Ace had the most successful solo album out of the four.  Who sang Beth??  Thayer and Singer are playing Aces and Peters music. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 06:15:53 PM »
I liked Eric Carr better than Eric Singer.  RIP

Me too, but both WAY better than Criss.

And Peter's the one who got me into drums.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »
I saw KISS on their reunion tour (with free tickets) and how funny was it to see Criss coming out by himself and singing Beth karaoke style. lol

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 06:25:03 PM »
Ace had the most successful solo album out of the four.  Who sang Beth??  Thayer and Singer are playing Aces and Peters music. 

Ace did have the best of the four. Are you arguing that Gene and Paul should have ended the band, or let the two junkies continue to bring them down?