Author Topic: Peter Criss vs Eric Singer  (Read 4053 times)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Re: Peter Criss vs Eric Singer
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2014, 06:31:04 PM »
Singer is a pro. Im sure he plays better then Peter but he is younger and has more experience. So is Thayer.

But if you grew up in the 70s and saw Kiss in the original Line up doing the Destroyer tour you could never except this clowns. Those are guys that never did anything on there own except playing in a kiss cover band.

Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr had at least there own costumes and the last good album was lick it up.
I don't Singer and Thayer, its a business but that's all it is. Its funny because Ace and Chris both wrote the biggest hits of Kiss.

Frehleys new Album sounds really good.
Kiss is Gene Paul Ace Peter.
 The rest is  a cover band

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »
Ace had the most successful solo album out of the four.  Who sang Beth??  Thayer and Singer are playing Aces and Peters music. 
This thread is about Peter Criss and Eric Singer and Kiss. While your contribution is appreciated,  let's not dominate the thread. Thank you.
(

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2014, 06:40:51 PM »
This thread is about Peter Criss and Eric Singer and Kiss. While your contribution is appreciated,  let's not dominate the thread. Thank you.
Hahahaha. ok. I didn't know this was so serious. Peter for Mr.Olympia.
Ace for President

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 06:45:32 PM »
Singer is a pro. Im sure he plays better then Peter but he is younger and has more experience. So is Thayer.

But if you grew up in the 70s and saw Kiss in the original Line up doing the Destroyer tour you could never except this clowns. Those are guys that never did anything on there own except playing in a kiss cover band.

Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr had at least there own costumes and the last good album was lick it up.
I don't Singer and Thayer, its a business but that's all it is. Its funny because Ace and Chris both wrote the biggest hits of Kiss.

Frehleys new Album sounds really good.
Kiss is Gene Paul Ace Peter.
 The rest is  a cover band

The 'Unplugged' genre was a horrible '90's musical expression. Kiss jumped on the bandwagon (as is their mercenary wont) and was farking horrible.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 06:51:42 PM »

Peter Criss is the Catman.  Ace is the Spaceman.  And Singer is just a "CopyCat".  Nothing more... ;)

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »
Ace did have the best of the four. Are you arguing that Gene and Paul should have ended the band, or let the two junkies continue to bring them down?
No Gene and Paul kept kissing going.  However Thayer and Singer should only be thought of as replacements and the way that Gene and Paul try to down play Peter and Aces role in the band is wrong. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 06:55:26 PM »
Kiss=  steaming pile of shit.  

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 06:57:11 PM »
The 'Unplugged' genre was a horrible '90's musical expression. Kiss jumped on the bandwagon (as is their mercenary wont) and was farking horrible.
After Love Gun I think everything sucked. But I never was a real Kiss fan.
 I was Iron maiden and Van Halen Team!! Still am.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 07:07:19 PM »
No Gene and Paul kept kissing going.  However Thayer and Singer should only be thought of as replacements and the way that Gene and Paul try to down play Peter and Aces role in the band is wrong. 

Pretty sure everyone is aware they are replacements, boot. But fair enough.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 07:15:09 PM »
Kiss played in empty arenas with out the two.  With Ace and Peter back in the band they sold out every Stadion in the world. So when things went south again they just dressed up the Tour manager as Ace and no one figured it out.( For a while) Gene went ,wow we can still make money- lets do it.  We play Ace songs with a guy dressed like Ace...lol

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 07:23:03 PM »
Kiss played in empty arenas with out the two.  With Ace and Peter back in the band they sold out every Stadion in the world. So when things went south again they just dressed up the Tour manager as Ace and no one figured it out.( For a while) Gene went ,wow we can still make money- lets do it.  We play Ace songs with a guy dressed like Ace...lol

In a nutshell.  ^^^^^

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »

Saw them with Carr and Vincent in '83, maybe. Creatures tour in LA, Crüe opened, sold out.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 07:28:48 PM »
Saw them with Carr and Vincent in '83, maybe. Creatures tour in LA, Crüe opened, sold out.
Hahahaha I saw the Lick it up Tour! But it was in Europe. Helix was the opening act. Empty arena. Maybe 500 People. Great show. Helix also kicked ass. I was shocked.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 07:32:48 PM »
Hahahaha I saw the Lick it up Tour! But it was in Europe. Helix was the opening act. Empty arena. Maybe 500 People. Great show. Helix also kicked ass. I was shocked.

Saw them many times after '83, always packed. Not venues like the 70s, but still. Gave up after Animalize tour; music just got too weak.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »
Saw them many times after '83, always packed. Not venues like the 70s, but still. Gave up after Animalize tour; music just got too weak.
The next time I saw them was at the Dodger stadium on Halloween.(Original line up) Sold out show. It was rally good actually! Kiss made a few really good Guitar albums. Great sound in the 70s. I have to give them  respect for it.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 07:41:06 PM »
Peter Criss is a junkie who could barely keep a beat. Gene and Paul made the right move in Eric Singer.
(

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
The next time I saw them was at the Dodger stadium on Halloween.(Original line up) Sold out show. It was rally good actually! Kiss made a few really good Guitar albums. Great sound in the 70s. I have to give them  respect for it.

I still think Alive is an incredible album, for any era.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »
Kiss = The age of Destroyer Tour

Everything after that was not Kiss anymore

Alive was their best album for sure.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 07:48:27 PM »
Not really as much of a "live" album as you may think.
(

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 07:50:35 PM »
You are righ. Its a classic! I still listen to it on my way to the gym sometimes. As a kid I used to look at the Album and be mesmerized. It had everything you wanted from a Rock band. lol

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »
Kiss = The age of Destroyer Tour

Everything after that was not Kiss anymore

Alive was their best album for sure.

Yes Destroyer was there last real good album!

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »
My heater's broke and I'm so tired
I need some fuel to build a fire
The girl next door, her lights are out, yeah
The landlord's gone, I'm down and out

Ooh, it's cold gin time again
You know it'll always win
Cold gin time again
You know it's the only thing
That keeps us together

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
Not really as much of a "live" album as you may think.

Does it matter?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »
I'd say Creatures was the last good album. Lick it Up was half-good.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »
Does it matter?
No! If it sounds good it is good!
I say there are two kinds of music: Shit music and good music!  I like good music.

lol