Author Topic: Impeccable Logic by John Meadows re protein synthesis.  (Read 12265 times)

The Onion

• Getbig III
Re: John Meadows is a moron
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2014, 12:47:10 PM »
Groundbreaking insights that'll make all the difference in this video.

Cream rice + almond butter + low calorie syrop = TEH GAINZ   ???

Better than porridge?! It's a special pre-workout-meal.  :-\

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
Related to this topic:

May 23, 2014 John and Shelby Welcome Dr Bill Willis, and expert on protein synthesis.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-01-57-36/blue-collar-muscle.html

Go to about 28:00 to hear and expert PhD on PS and his opinions of fasted training.

Cliffs: Not fucking good for protein synthesis. 

Simple Simon

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »
Related to this topic:

May 23, 2014 John and Shelby Welcome Dr Bill Willis, and expert on protein synthesis.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-01-57-36/blue-collar-muscle.html

Go to about 28:00 to hear and expert PhD on PS and his opinions of fasted training.

Cliffs: Not fucking good for protein synthesis. 

Yet some people who train fasted look fantastic, hope they dont watch the video.

Alpine

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »
Yet some people who train fasted look fantastic, hope they dont watch the video.

Well, I'm not demonizing it. If fat loss is the goal and you are on enough AAS to stave off muscle loss, then IF and/or fasted cardio/training is probably ideal for fat loss.

dustin

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »
Just like everyone else he drops tidbits of knowledge and tidbits of shit.

Take it like anything else you read - the author could be wrong. Doesn't mean shit that he looks like a striated dog turd wrapped in earthworms and saran wrap, if he's wrong, he's wrong. And the reason why I say he's wrong is because even if he's right, the adverse effect happens on such a minuscule level that it's asinine to sit around and debate it. People train fasted for a myriad of reasons and lots of people juice as well. I train fasted and I juice, so I don't have to worry if protein synthesis drops by a rate of 0.000000000000000001% per workout. Doesn't fucking matter in the real world.

People keep forgetting to stop looking at petri dishes and rat models. We're people working out in the real world with a trillion other variables. The studies are good for a reference and baseline to start poking around IN THE REAL WORLD. I could be wrong, just like anyone else. But the one thing I'm right about is that it doesn't fucking matter. Maybe if you're a week out from the Mr. O and every hormone in your body needs to be in perfect concert to get hard, full and peeled. But for everyone else on this planet they can go to bed safe and sound and not worry about fasted workouts and protein synthesis.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
Groundbreaking insights that'll make all the difference in this video.

Cream rice + almond butter + low calorie syrop = TEH GAINZ   ???

Better than porridge?! It's a special pre-workout-meal.  :-\

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Did he ever say once in the video that his recipe was critical for gains? No, he's merely offering a suggestion.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2014, 03:12:26 PM »
Meadows is purple. Blood pressure of peace.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2014, 03:17:45 PM »
Meadows is da` man and trains old school hard !!

I train fasted 99% of the time and I highly recommend it to everyone who`s serious.

dustin

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2014, 03:20:47 PM »
Meadows is purple. Blood pressure of peace.

He's got that health penis-purple hue, eh? That means like... 10 more years before he croaks.

Nice fella and I don't think he's a dick or anything, but it's just tough to watch guys like this get worshipped like an idol when he looks like his lethargic ass needs to be moved to his death bed sooner than later. I only just recently read up on a few things he's posted over the years and he seems like he knows his stuff, but he's a little too hung up on shit that doesn't matter like grass fed beef or special butters or whatever the fuck he over values and likes to recommend.

How can you not look at a guy like that and not feel like you're staring at death? I'd love to see him a lot more pale and a lot less like he's going to die because he seems like a nice dude.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2014, 03:27:11 PM »
seriously, homeboy needs to donate a couple of pints stat .. he must have higher RBC's than the average tour de Francer

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »
Did he ever say once in the video that his recipe was critical for gains? No, he's merely offering a suggestion.
It's a shitty suggestion that he tries to rationalize and make "special" - and this is actually the problem that I have with Mr Meadows.

He makes everything seem more difficult than it is and comes up with elaborate explanations for the effectiveness of his concepts. He also focuses on minor details of questionable value while not adressing the bigger picture.

Put a stick of butter in a glass of Coca Cola and you'll lower the glycemic index...

Alpine

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2014, 03:28:39 PM »
Meadows is da` man and trains old school hard !!

I train fasted 99% of the time and I highly recommend it to everyone who`s serious.

Early AM, fasted?  If I trained AM I would, but I dont.

dustin

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »
It's a shitty suggestion that he tries to rationalize and make "special" - and this is actually the problem that I have with Mr Meadows.

He makes everything seem more difficult than it is and comes up with elaborate explanations for the effectiveness of his concepts. He also focuses on minor details of questionable value while not adressing the bigger picture.

Put a stick of butter in a glass of Coca Cola and you'll lower the glycemic index...

lol this is what I think as well. I watch these guys or try reading their posts and I just think "please, shut the fuck up already".

And this is coming from a guy who's life story is all about writing tangents on forums! lol

Chubz

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2014, 04:42:33 PM »
So when one takes steroids, they should make no effort to try and do everything else as healthy as possible? It's all about damage control, and Meadows is the master when it comes to safety on steroids. You'd be surprised how much better your bloodwork will look on steroids when you eat and supplement completely healthy, compared to eating junk on steroids. I would know.

AMD gets it, seriously I couldn't read this whole thread it made my head hurt. Yes you can run crazy cycles and be somewhat healthy, I have learned a lot from John and Shelby. I am currently the leanest, biggest I have ever been, 42 years old, my BP is excellent, yes its possible, my cholesterol is good. John is as humble as they come, trains harder than 100% of this board, does the best with what he has(cant change his structure. Lets see how some of you fucking geniuses look..........or better yet look at 42. John pushes nothing on anyone...........100% great guy and will give you the shirt off his back..........lots of jealousy on here

Chubz

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2014, 08:12:20 PM »
AMD gets it, seriously I couldn't read this whole thread it made my head hurt. Yes you can run crazy cycles and be somewhat healthy, I have learned a lot from John and Shelby. I am currently the leanest, biggest I have ever been, 42 years old, my BP is excellent, yes its possible, my cholesterol is good. John is as humble as they come, trains harder than 100% of this board, does the best with what he has(cant change his structure. Lets see how some of you fucking geniuses look..........or better yet look at 42. John pushes nothing on anyone...........100% great guy and will give you the shirt off his back..........lots of jealousy on here

Chubz
8)..

AmonRa

Re: Impeccable Logic by John Meadows re protein synthesis.
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2014, 10:01:48 PM »
John Meadows is a fucking retard.