Author Topic: sticking after a workout?  (Read 3323 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
sticking after a workout?
« on: January 25, 2006, 08:58:07 AM »
as soon as i worked out and went to shower...i tried to sick my delt...twice on the same arm...needle had a helluva time going in and it hurt like hell and bled like i had stuck something importante

my other arm..not so much. but i'd say it was less than 10 minutes after a chest workout before i swabbed up.

is this normal? i attributed it to the pump in that area...or did i acutally hit to pipes? what are the odds of that? i've never read when there's a time frame not to do it in!

controldenied33

• Getbig II
Re: sticking after a workout?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 09:29:09 AM »
I've done it in the delts after a shoulder workout.  Got out of the shower and went for it.  It hurt a little more than usual going in, but other than that, no problems.

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 03:06:33 PM »
i always do mine before going to sleep...i like the muscles fully relaxed..
once i was injecting my friend in the glutes..After he had done some squats..It was the hardest injection i've ever done..The oil just didn't want to go into the muscle.  He also couldn't sit down the next day because it hurt so much.
musclegurus.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 08:54:02 PM »

I prefer to stick before a workout, right after I've gotten out of the shower, in the muscle group I am going to work that day.

That way the muscle can disperse the drug which will prevent the soreness that people complain about. 

Sticking the muscle before going to sleep is the worst thing I can think of.  The injection will just sit there and inflammation will set in without the benefit of blood flow. 

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

BigIronMike25

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 10:48:35 AM »
I prefer to stick before a workout, right after I've gotten out of the shower, in the muscle group I am going to work that day.

That way the muscle can disperse the drug which will prevent the soreness that people complain about. 

Sticking the muscle before going to sleep is the worst thing I can think of.  The injection will just sit there and inflammation will set in without the benefit of blood flow. 

DIV

This is the best way Ive found to inject as well......an hour or so before training right after a hot shower or bath so the muscle your injecting in is going to be relaxed.   I also stretch for a few minutes to loosen the muscle up a little further......after injection = always massage the area  and I've found that a heating pad works wonders if the muscle gets extremely sore

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 10:51:05 AM »
the good thing is, is that i usually dont get sore! tren is the only thing that gave anysoreness at all. i usually pin before workouts, its kinda funny, i get this extra rush in the gym it seems like (probably all in my head) but is a good thing because i ALWAYS have really good workouts when i pin before them. gosh, i love this stuff!

muscle
muscle

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 12:39:15 AM »
i get this extra rush in the gym it seems like (probably all in my head) but is a good thing because i ALWAYS have really good workouts when i pin before them.

It's because the drug is dispersing while you are working out, the bloodflow in the muscle being worked is pushing it out of the muscle belly and allowing it to take effect.

DIV

controldenied33

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 10:04:52 AM »
Div, is that with short-acting substances?  Would yuou still do that with long-acting?  Say you shoot test cyp monday and thurs, and monday is a delt workout, would you still stick delts that day and say thurs is a leg workout, shoot thighs that day?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:19:42 PM »
u can , i did the other day, i had a test e/npp shot and did it about an hour before my workout and i shot in my delts and that day just so happened to be my shoulder day. i shot delts even if i have the day off, i just like them. i also use my glutes

muscle
muscle

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »
Div, is that with short-acting substances?  Would yuou still do that with long-acting?  Say you shoot test cyp monday and thurs, and monday is a delt workout, would you still stick delts that day and say thurs is a leg workout, shoot thighs that day?

Both.  Whether the ester is short acting or long acting makes no difference.  The point it to disperse the drug and reduce inflammation.  You're making this way too difficult.  Read over my post.

Shoot the muscle group you are going to shoot that day.  It's very simple. 

DIV

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 03:00:06 PM »
i need to do this.. i stuck my thigh for first time the other day... only thing was i did it the day after a workout lol.... pretty sure i hit the right spot but damn it got inflamed and my whole leg got sore..i could barely walk for that day... after some heat patches it went away but damn it sucked.. ill try your way this week on the other thigh div

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 06:46:25 PM »
i need to do this.. i stuck my thigh for first time the other day... only thing was i did it the day after a workout lol.... pretty sure i hit the right spot but damn it got inflamed and my whole leg got sore..i could barely walk for that day... after some heat patches it went away but damn it sucked.. ill try your way this week on the other thigh div
Stop shooting your thighs, DaVinci......
Shoot your quads or delts.......those are easy.
Otherwise you will henceforth be known as: Mona Lisa.
Don't be that.....
DIV

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »
umm div i dont mean to b a dick but here this is from a medical excerpt

"The Quadriceps are a group of four muscles that sit on the anterior or front aspect of the thigh.

They are the Vastus Medialis, Intermedius and Lateralis and finally the Rectus Femoris"

the quads are part of the thigh hence why i said i injected my thigh... and in fact i hit the vasus lateralis ( one of the heads of the quadriceps) wich is part of the thigh ;) i did this per a medical book with injection procedures and how to find your lateralis using your handbreath from the knee and femur but yet i still got the crippling leg syndrome .....

so im still davinci ;)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 10:12:59 PM »
umm div i dont mean to b a dick but here this is from a medical excerpt
"The Quadriceps are a group of four muscles that sit on the anterior or front aspect of the thigh.
They are the Vastus Medialis, Intermedius and Lateralis and finally the Rectus Femoris"
the quads are part of the thigh hence why i said i injected my thigh... and in fact i hit the vasus lateralis ( one of the heads of the quadriceps) wich is part of the thigh ;) i did this per a medical book with injection procedures and how to find your lateralis using your handbreath from the knee and femur but yet i still got the crippling leg syndrome .....
so im still davinci ;)

That's great, genius.......

You overlooked the fact that I was kidding.

DIV

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »
oh my bad bro... i though you was being serious lol

but div you did help me on two things .. one i did inject the day after a workout when my quad was already sore (stupid) and you said i should inject an hour before workout to help spread the liquid wich is genious.. .b/c last week i also injected just before class so it just sat in my quad doing nothing....

today imma try it your way see how it goes... and i must say quads have so far been the easiest to inject... now ill try the one handed method for the delts

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 03:32:16 PM »
trust me bro, it is easy! i have no problems with the delts and as of now, they are my fav. spot to hit, im alittle weiry with quads as i see so many veins, where do u normally stick at on ur quad?

muscle
muscle

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 04:56:42 PM »
for me ive been hittin about 6 inches back from knee and over to the side... not quit on side but more of an angle from top to side... maybe 60 degrees.. where your quad kinda sweeps out you know

and div just got done with my workout... and i can already tell a huge diff.. last time i injected i felt the knot of whre the oil was all day and night.. now i dont even feel like i injected.. my leg just feels sore and pumped like the other one.. maybe you should put that bit of info on the newbies do's and dont's might help out alot of peeps ;)

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 05:05:22 PM »
today was day afterworkout and pinnin an hour before it and i must say my leg feels great... slight soreness but not crippling like last week... good advice div ;)

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 06:45:40 AM »
I've been pinning glutes and delts and I found that a pre-workout delt injection works the best, specifically if I'm working upperbody that day.  The pre-workout glute injection works best for me on squat day.  The dispersing characteristic of the exercises is priceless....worst day so far has been pin glute post workout on a day where I didn't work the lower body and I didn't do shit but sit the rest of the night...painfull site the next day

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 09:20:45 AM »
today was day afterworkout and pinnin an hour before it and i must say my leg feels great... slight soreness but not crippling like last week... good advice div ;)

I told you it was foolproof.  It's basic biomechanics.  Inject oil in muscle tissue, workout said muscle group and oil will disperse with contraction of the muscle and consequent bloodflow.  Oil dissipates and hits the body.  No knots or excessive scar tissue. 

I think I will refer to you as Mona Lisa from now on...... ::)

DIV