Author Topic: NBA - Grant says the Heat "wouldn't have had a chance" against MJ Bulls  (Read 3320 times)

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
With four more wins, the Miami Heat will match one of Michael Jordan's greatest feats -- three straight NBA championships -- but former Bull Horace Grant says that doesn't mean LeBron James' team could have beaten those Chicago teams.

Horace Grant says the Heat "wouldn't have had a chance" against the Michael Jordan-led Bulls.
"The Heat wouldn't have had a chance," Grant said Tuesday on WSCR-AM in Chicago. "We would have locked them up. We would have locked them up. Especially with the rules today, Michael would have had a field day."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11027394/lebron-james-miami-heat-no-match-michael-jordan-chicago-bulls-says-horace-grant

I'm thinking he's right. 8)
The answer is "yes".

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Grant says the Heat "wouldn't have had a chance" against MJ Bulls
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:31:12 PM »
And this is coming from Horace Grant who hates Jordans guts

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 06:43:13 PM »
And this is coming from Horace Grant who hates Jordans guts

A lot of teammates and opponents hated Jordan. He was the best and he knew it.

And Horace grant is right....the Heat would have no chance against Jordan's 91-93 or 96-98 3peat teams. Especially with today's defensive rules.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:53:49 PM »
Looks like bodybuilding isn't the only thing better in the '90s.  NBA basketball, college basketball, MLB (steroid era), and probably college football ('95 Cornhuskers would have destroyed last year's Florida St. team).

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 07:51:06 PM »
Today's professional athletes are bigger, faster, stronger and better

Other than that it always amazes me how so many of these old guys sprout the same bs line about how much better they were. Only reason they say it is because they know there is no way it could ever be proven. Modern pro team vs older gen pro team will win 9 times out of 10

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:32 PM »
Looks like bodybuilding isn't the only thing better in the '90s.  NBA basketball, college basketball, MLB (steroid era), and probably college football ('95 Cornhuskers would have destroyed last year's Florida St. team).

Throw Rogers NFL in there to. I miss the days of the receiver getting lit up going over the middle. Don't want to get lit up beat him or run a different play. It must be frustrating for heavy hitters to play D these days. Ronnie Lott prob wouldn't be Ronnie Lott under these rules. Shit every dick buckus tackle is a penalty by today's rules

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
fuck Horace grant, using Lebron to become fucken relevant.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Hand-checking was outlawed in 1994.  This is a big reason I think (that and PED  :D) why Jordan was still able to run a train on the league in his mid-30s.

Jordan in his 20s probably could have averaged near 40 points without the rule.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Hand-checking was outlawed in 1994.  This is a big reason I think (that and PED  :D) why Jordan was still able to run a train on the league in his mid-30s.

Hand checking was outlawed in 2004

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Lebron > jordan
Wade > pippen
Bosh > grant

Hulkotron

• Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bulls were great, but I'd love to see the height/weight of the average NBA player then, and now.

I'd guess there's bigger, stronger, faster today.  Bulls were more dominant in their ERA, but face to face, statistics say Heat would dominate them, just too powerful physically

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
Whore-Ass Grant

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
QFT ...
The Heat are overrated..
The heat wouldn't even win when the spurs had the twin towers ..
David Robinson & Tim Duncan together  ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
Bigger, faster, stronger?? LOL...some of you guys act like Jordan played 40 years ago. Take a look at Jordan and his teammates in the 90's. Those guys didn't look like any smaller than today's players at the same position.

Faster?? That's a joke....if it were possible I would challenge any NBA shooting guard or small forward in a foot race going coast to coast with Jordan or Pippen, or Maurice Cheeks in their prime.

Stronger?? Pull up youtube and see how many times Jordan and Pippen were dunking on NBA centers. Jordan was a strong man. He worked out like a maniac.

The defensive rules of the 80's and 90's would have Dwayne Wade and Lebron crying like bitches to the referees constantly.

People need to get fucking real and stop the nonsense. It's not about not being able to let go of the past. Jordan's championship teams were better than Lebron's Heat, end of story.

To quote Jordan who once said....."Anyone else win 72 games?" And that was during a time were the quality of the NBA was so much better than today's product.

Today's under 30 tattoo era of the NBA are mostly lazy pot smoking shits. Half of them don't even practice hard, I'll bet.

Army of One

• Getbig V
No it wasn't.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

You could still hand check from your baskets foul line and in until 2004, that just stopped excessive hand checking when running full court press.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
You could still hand check from your baskets foul line and in until 2004, that just stopped excessive hand checking when running full court press.

...or when guarding a perimeter player, like Jordan.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Lebron is making Spoelstra the new Phil Jackson

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V

He almost did in 1987. Averaged 37.1 PPG. He was averaging 40 a game for the first 3 months of the season.

Army of One

• Getbig V
...or when guarding a perimeter player, like Jordan.

But do some reading, they never called the hand check foul anyway after 1994, it was put in but ignored.Certainly was never called used at the 3 point line to the start of the key on all sides, which was where Jordan operated.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/833257-michael-jordan-could-he-really-score-50-with-the-hand-check-rules-in-place

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
But do some reading, they never called the hand check foul anyway after 1994, it was put in but ignored.Certainly was never called used at the 3 point line to the start of the key on all sides, which was where Jordan operated.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/833257-michael-jordan-could-he-really-score-50-with-the-hand-check-rules-in-place

That article doesn't say that at all, even if "Bleacher Report" were some sort of credible authority on the matter.

I am guessing you didn't actually watch much NBA in the mid-90s, if you did you would not be making such a stupid argument.  The "clarification" / stressing of the hand-check rule in 1994 was a big deal and was actually one of the big reasons Jordan unretired.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Why don't they ask Pippen that question. He thinks Lebron is better than Jordan.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
LeBron is a lot more athletic then Jordan, Jordan was certainly more agile and acrobatic though. Lebron is like 250 plus and 6'8, many players have went on record to state he is the fastest up the court, he makes others look like they are standing still at times, kinda like westbrook.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
LeBron is a lot more athletic then Jordan, Jordan was certainly more agile and acrobatic though. Lebron is like 250 plus and 6'8, many players have went on record to state he is the fastest up the court, he makes others look like they are standing still at times, kinda like westbrook.

What kind of shit are you spouting?  Jordan did this athletically that boggle the mind.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
What kind of shit are you spouting?  Jordan did this athletically that boggle the mind.
Just facts, stop sucking Michael's dick!