Author Topic: Is Metallica’s James Hetfield the New Ted Nugent?  (Read 9054 times)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Is Metallica’s James Hetfield the New Ted Nugent?
« on: June 05, 2014, 02:35:46 AM »
https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/metallica-james-hetfield-ted-nugent-124835904.html

James Hetfield is also a gun and hunting enthusiast, so much so, he recently landed a gig narrating the History Channel's The Hunt. The eight-part series, which documents an excursion to Kodiak, Alaska, in search of brown bears, debuts on Sunday.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
Re: Is Metallica’s James Hetfield the New Ted Nugent?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 02:36:29 AM »
your link is bad and you should feel bad

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 02:37:58 AM »
your link is bad and you should feel bad
Hahahahahah! you are fast, fixed

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 02:57:17 AM »
https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/metallica-james-hetfield-ted-nugent-124835904.html

James Hetfield is also a gun and hunting enthusiast, so much so, he recently landed a gig narrating the History Channel's The Hunt. The eight-part series, which documents an excursion to Kodiak, Alaska, in search of brown bears, debuts on Sunday.

The usual defence of hunting is that it's honest.  More honest than eating meat from an animal you didn't kill or see killed.  Doesn't make me want to go hunting but I can appreciate the reasoning, which is why I like my hunters to be explicit.

He's going to Alaska in search of brown bears to kill.  Don't leave off the word kill.  That's what you're going there for.  You're not a nature photographer 'in search of brown bears.'  You sought out a bear with the intention of killing it.  Just say it point blank.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 03:05:33 AM »

Im sure he is going to get a lot of heat for that. If he would wrestle the bear I  would be all for it.
 But I guess he doesn't have to because he has a gun.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 05:35:27 AM »
Im sure he is going to get a lot of heat for that. If he would wrestle the bear I  would be all for it.
 But I guess he doesn't have to because he has a gun.

I doubt that the lead singer of Metallica is concerned about the feelings of leftist manlets and fat girls regarding the bears.

K

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 05:39:52 AM »
I doubt that the lead singer of Metallica is concerned about the feelings of leftist manlets and fat girls regarding the bears.

This, and the fact that James's legacy will endure longer than Nugent's will.

Nugent is an attention-whore who says and does stupid things to keep hitting the snooze button on his 15 minutes.

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 05:41:05 AM »
HE'S an ULTIMATE ALPHA.....Biggest rock star in the world....Father/Leader/Hunter...EPIC GAZILLIONAIRE....

Clearly a "get bigger"

Ted shines James shoes....

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 05:42:50 AM »
I hope he gets mauled by a bear.  Hunters are pussy's who need to feel some sort of power that they can't get from their undersized penis or their small minds.  Additionally, Metallica sucks, and so does Ted Nugent  ;D

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 05:50:58 AM »
Good for him, nice bear.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 05:53:19 AM »
I hope he gets mauled by a bear.  Hunters are pussy's who need to feel some sort of power that they can't get from their undersized penis or their small minds.  Additionally, Metallica sucks, and so does Ted Nugent  ;D

Do you piss sitting down?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 05:55:30 AM »
Do you piss sitting down?
James hetfield does.  ;D
A

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 06:04:58 AM »

sounds like you love the k0ck

do you even lift ?
K

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 06:11:14 AM »
I'm a fan of Metallica but this sucks.

What's the achievement in shooting an innocent animal, hundreds of metres away with a telescopic rifle just so you can pose in front of it?
Retarded. Can’t stand these clowns. >:(

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 06:21:44 AM »
just the sight of those pictures makes me what to hunt, kill, and eat a bear
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 06:33:43 AM »
Basically he live the life of a rockstar for decades, drugs, alcohol, pussy galore, more money than any human ever will need, what the fuck is he supposed to do now?  Got to find some sort of hobby to keep busy from the boredom

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 07:04:04 AM »
Unless he shits himself for days to get out of military service he's no Ted Nugent.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 07:10:11 AM »
I'm a fan of Metallica but this sucks.

What's the achievement in shooting an innocent animal, hundreds of metres away with a telescopic rifle just so you can pose in front of it?
Retarded. Can’t stand these clowns. >:(

Indeed. If you want to be tough, then attack a bear with two knives. If you want to kill bears efficiently, then carpet bomb the area. Nothing tough about hunting. And don't get me wrong: I'm all for hunting for meat. Considering starting it myself, as it's better than factory-farmed meat for the animals as well. But killing animals that you're not going to eat is bullshit. It doesn't make you a man, it makes you someone who can pull a trigger on a large stationary object.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 07:27:34 AM »
Indeed. If you want to be tough, then attack a bear with two knives. If you want to kill bears efficiently, then carpet bomb the area. Nothing tough about hunting. And don't get me wrong: I'm all for hunting for meat. Considering starting it myself, as it's better than factory-farmed meat for the animals as well. But killing animals that you're not going to eat is bullshit. It doesn't make you a man, it makes you someone who can pull a trigger on a large stationary object.

The hunters want to give a tough image when posing with the dead animal but instead, most people just see them as bitches and cowards. :D
I also support hunting for food or during a necessary cull, but this is just pathetic.
Not only could he have killed one bear but potentially a few more if that bear was a female with cubs to tend to.
Its because of scumbags like this that numerous animals are endangered.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 07:34:33 AM »
Hetfield used to create some of the greatest riffs in metal and now him and his band suck ass. Metallica has been one of metal's ultimate jokes for over 20 years.

Him blasting bears for sport is pathetic.

He should go back to 69ing with Lars.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 07:51:47 AM »
Hunting and eating the meat is one thing but going out and killing an animal like a bear makes no sense to me.  He had better make a coat out of that bear
A

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 08:01:14 AM »
Hetfield used to create some of the greatest riffs in metal and now him and his band suck ass. Metallica has been one of metal's ultimate jokes for over 20 years.

Him blasting bears for sport is pathetic.

He should go back to 69ing with Lars.
x2. To show and brag on TV isn't a very smart move.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 08:22:01 AM »
Bear meat takes like shit, greasy.....blah, would not eat again! But I'd take the fur.   

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 10:09:57 AM »
Nothing wrong with hunting for food, like my esteemed colleague snx points out the average illegal alien working in a slaughterhouse is going to inflict unimaginable cruelty on the animals he kills.

That said I wouldn't mind watching hatfield thrown in a pit with a bear

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 10:22:03 AM »

I don't know, but I do know that James has become a PUSSY since he got sober in 2001/2002. He completely abandoned all traces of any aggression or anger in his singing since that time. He's become James "Light". I cringe every time he tries to SING his old songs, instead of trying to sound like the METAL singer he once was. This has nothing to do with aging or him "blowing out his voice". It all has to do with his new HAPPY attitude. He always smile while singing and sounds like he's on helium (in a Justin Bieber kind of way). You old school fans will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Let's not even talk about Lars Ulrich's piss poor drumming since 2003.