Author Topic: Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson Set to Rematch at UFC 178 in September  (Read 1164 times)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jon-jones-alexander-gustafsson-set-042719302--mma.html

What a surprise. This is going to be one hell of a fight.

“I think Cormier is the tougher fighter, but the fans want to see me fight Gustafsson. There was never an issue with taking the Gustafsson fight,” Jones said in a statement. “The issue was that my brother is getting married in July and I would have preferred a later date.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Is the fight overseas?
Gustafdson home country?  Sweeden?

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ahhhhhh, what a caring brother...
Mr. AZ 2003

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Is the fight overseas?
Gustafdson home country?  Sweeden?
Canada

sancho ed

• Getbig III
im excited about the fight....if alexander doesnt beat him cormier will!

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
Jones says he only fought at 70% the last fight ::)

"Initially, before watching the fight, he thought the most fair thing to do was to grant Alexander Gustafsson an immediate rematch, it was such a close fight. But after watching it over 10 times, he now believes that he decisively won rounds two, round four and round five and maybe even round one. So, now he thinks, because it was so clear cut, that the most fair thing to do is to grant the next contender a title shot. He'd be up to anything; if UFC said fight Gustafsson, he'd do it, but he thinks the most fair thing to do right now is to move on. He also said Gustafsson was very game and put forth a great fight but he thinks personally, he was only at 70 percent and next time he vowed that he would be at 100 percent."

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
how much crack do these fighters smoke? both six foot 5 and only 200, even in my extreme dieting days i could never get that light. its either they smoke alot of crack and sleep 15  hour days and have very light bones
A

Fortress

• Getbig V
Not some big fan of the UFC, and MMA in general, but I'd like to see the Swedish fella knock Jones into orbit. Really mash his dumb face.

Vikings for the win!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
I believe JJ is going to put a fierce beating on the Nordic this time.

Daniel Cormier is definitely the bigger threat.  Not only to Jones, but Cain as well.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

Daniel Cormier is definitely the bigger threat.  Not only to Jones, but Cain as well.

I think that DC, who trains with Cain, has stated that Cain is better

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Ahhhhhh, what a caring brother...
:D

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1

I agree....Jones in a romp this time.