Author Topic: radio waves are electric and magnetic waves travelin at right angles to each  (Read 3833 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
other
the electric wave is on one plane and the magnetic wave travels on a plane at the electric waves right angle. this is cool to know, im assuming if you adjust one wave that the other will follow? i do know that mirrors throw off RF signals

if this is the natural flow of emf aka electric and magnetic waves wich make up the RF(radio wave)

imagine how many other types of waves that could exist or all the variations you could make among the radio wave itself!!!
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
It's also how transformers and inductive-current chargers work.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Waves in/of what?

Waves in a pond are made of the water that constitutes the pond.  People describe the waves by telling you what the water is doing, and then when the waves are gone the water is still there.

People talk about an electromagnetic wave like it's both the wave characteristic and the stuff that's waving, and when the wave is gone there's nothing there at all.  Like the stuff that was waving went away, but the pond didn't go away when there weren't any waves in it.

I don't get that.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Waves in/of what?

Waves in a pond are made of the water that constitutes the pond.  People describe the waves by telling you what the water is doing, and then when the waves are gone the water is still there.

People talk about an electromagnetic wave like it's both the wave characteristic and the stuff that's waving, and when the wave is gone there's nothing there at all.  Like the stuff that was waving went away, but the pond didn't go away when there weren't any waves in it.

I don't get that.
lets just say waves are the same thing as particles or either or depending upon the 'lens' of view
A

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Waves in/of what?

I don't get that.
Ether
follow the arrows

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
I cringe at this, hated electrophysics more than anything else.  :-X

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Ether

Don't give him any ether. Would you believe he's going to describe the works of Maxwell Smart?

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
lets just say waves are the same thing as particles or either or depending upon the 'lens' of view

Incorrect, although, I suspect you refer to the fact that light can be treated as a wave (visible light, infrared light etc) or as a particle (photon).

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
Marty, a fun experiment is "insulating" your radio from receiving radio waves. This is simply done by creating a dome of chicken wire, as the holes in the net are so small that they block most of the incoming waves. :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

I heard something about that and they said it was probability that it had nothing to do with ponds.

Srsly, if you have the math to follow Maxwell's work then my hat's off to you.  If you follow the implications and know what the hell these people are talking about then doubly so.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
Why so interested in electrodynamics?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
other
the electric wave is on one plane and the magnetic wave travels on a plane at the electric waves right angle. this is cool to know, im assuming if you adjust one wave that the other will follow? i do know that mirrors throw off RF signals

if this is the natural flow of emf aka electric and magnetic waves wich make up the RF(radio wave)

imagine how many other types of waves that could exist or all the variations you could make among the radio wave itself!!!
so many things you will never discover!

Oh, btw:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
Marty, a fun experiment is "insulating" your radio from receiving radio waves. This is simply done by creating a dome of chicken wire, as the holes in the net are so small that they block most of the incoming waves. :)
It is called a Faraday cage.

The Raytheon building in Houston where they wrote the computer code for the Space Shuttle was entirely enclosed in a Faraday cage to prevent the possibility of espionage.  Radios would not work.  Desks had a speaker box with a five position switch to choose programing from five radio stations.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I heard something about that and they said it was probability that it had nothing to do with ponds.

Srsly, if you have the math to follow Maxwell's work then my hat's off to you.  If you follow the implications and know what the hell these people are talking about then doubly so.
you heard it from that really stupid double slit experiment

photons may seem like a wave or particle depending upon the observer or lens

i think the behavior of the radio waves (wich are electric and magnetic waves that travel at right angles to eachother *polarity* or circular polarity) is fascinating.  i wonder what other things have this kinda flow to it that give it, its essense.

if the essense of a radio wave is the electric traveling on right angle of the magnetic then other things probably have this simllar duality. perhaps we ourselves even project such waves in various forms in similar dualities without knowing it
A

Novena

• Getbig IV

i think the behavior of the radio waves (wich are electric and magnetic waves that travel at right angles to eachother *polarity* or circular polarity) is fascinating.  i wonder what other things have this kinda flow to it that give it, its essense.

if the essense of a radio wave is the electric traveling on right angle of the magnetic then other things probably have this simllar duality. perhaps we ourselves even project such waves in various forms in similar dualities without knowing it

I tell you, you need to get your HAM license. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I tell you, you need to get your HAM license. 
why man? are you saying i need to because alot of bros like yourself discuss elctricity and electromagnetism and those sort of things over the air on that device? how often do you do it?
A

Novena

• Getbig IV
Marty, it's a club, and they hold classes and seminars about hacking electronic devices, radio, and the like.  They can teach you about the reality of electricity, electronics, and physics in general.  go to the library and check out some books from the ARRL.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Marty, it's a club, and they hold classes and seminars about hacking electronic devices, radio, and the like.  They can teach you about the reality of electricity, electronics, and physics in general.  go to the library and check out some books from the ARRL.

5x5!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
you need to answer your pm box but if you wanna talk here thats find

its sounds you are realy into this stuff man, so you are saying the best way to obtain this knowledge is to buy a ham radio device and detain a liscense for it? sounds like quite the project but worth it if i obtain knowledge. pretty much no other mystery appeals to me other than this
A