Author Topic: Partially tore my pec, worst fear come true  (Read 5071 times)

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
Partially tore my pec, worst fear come true
« on: June 10, 2014, 07:08:40 PM »
Worse fear in the sense that i will never be perfectly symmetrical anymore. 

I had been benching a few weeks ago and my shoulder cracked and it hurt like hell.  I let it rest for a week and then went right back at it.  Figured i'll work through the pain and not do things that make it hurt more. 

Two weeks later i'm doing chest again.  I start off with incline bar.  Bar by itself.  Then 25s each side. 45s.  Then 245lb which felt heavier than i anticipated.  No pain though.  Go over to DB bench on a 20 degree bench.  110s after a warmup.  on the 11th rep my left shoulder sounded like it broke in pieces.  I drop the weights, felt a pain in my left pec and went to emergency.

My chest was swollen like hell all weekend.  THree days later i saw discoloration which confirmed it had been a tear.  Now i have a little hole there when i flex.

WTFs the point in heavy, for me, training?  I can get the same shape training lighter and squeezing and what not.  Fuck it.

Listen to your bodies my 'biggers. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: Partially tore my pec, worst fear come true
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:13:22 PM »
Man, that sucks. Partially pose in peace

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »
Sorry to hear that man.
Look at the bright side, Phil Heath doesn't even have a chest and he's Mr. Olympia.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 07:34:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that man.
Look at the bright side, Phil Heath doesn't even have a chest and he's Mr. Olympia.

It's all about nipple symmetry nowadays. If your nips are alligned, you're doing fine. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »
Most people look normal with a shirt on. Wear a shirt.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 07:54:28 PM »

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 07:59:14 PM »
That sucks man.  I hope you heal quickly with minimal asymmetry.

Your body usually will give subtle signs that something is wrong.  I was squatting 4 weeks ago.  During my first work set with 225... 10 reps into the set I felt a cramp/unraveling feeling in my right medial quad.  I immediately racked the weight and stopped the workout.  Over the next couple days it was mildly uncomfortable, but no major pain.  I let it rest for 2 weeks.  I squatted today with no problems at all.

Listen to your body kids.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »
I partially tore mine about 13 years ago. No reattachment. Yeah, I have a little indentation but no big deal. I was out for about a week. Biggest inconvenience was I had to wipe my ass with the opposite hand.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 08:08:27 PM »
Get it looked at by the best guy(s) you can get ahold of. If anyone thinks it can be surgically repaired then get it done, as soon as possible.

I've torn both pecs and regret that I didn't have mine repaired on time.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 08:30:42 PM »
I had a total rupture clean off the humorous bone. Had it re attached with a pin within 3 days. The tear out on the front is soft tissue and cant be sewn. Fugly with shirt off...OK with shirt on.
I tried to hide it during a show...no go. I should have been in the audience. I've seen some tears where the dude could get away with it...not in my case. End of 30 years competing. In fact I soon stopped lifting all together....not a quitter...lifted for 60+ years.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 09:05:24 PM »
Worse fear in the sense that i will never be perfectly symmetrical anymore. 

I had been benching a few weeks ago and my shoulder cracked and it hurt like hell.  I let it rest for a week and then went right back at it.  Figured i'll work through the pain and not do things that make it hurt more. 

Two weeks later i'm doing chest again.  I start off with incline bar.  Bar by itself.  Then 25s each side. 45s.  Then 245lb which felt heavier than i anticipated.  No pain though.  Go over to DB bench on a 20 degree bench.  110s after a warmup.  on the 11th rep my left shoulder sounded like it broke in pieces.  I drop the weights, felt a pain in my left pec and went to emergency.

My chest was swollen like hell all weekend.  THree days later i saw discoloration which confirmed it had been a tear.  Now i have a little hole there when i flex.

WTFs the point in heavy, for me, training?  I can get the same shape training lighter and squeezing and what not.  Fuck it.

Listen to your bodies my 'biggers. 

like bob chick said, which is only thing he ever said correct, don't fuck with bench press, which i personally haven't in years.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 11:22:30 PM »
like bob chick said, which is only thing he ever said correct, don't fuck with bench press, which i personally haven't in years.

You're a tiny tit though.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 05:43:09 AM »
You're a tiny tit though.
Do you ever reflect on things when you look in the mirror? Ever go back to that script tattooed on your arm for comfort?

What does it refer to again?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 08:32:31 AM »
I believe I read -

Vic Martinez had a small tear occur in the gym.  He felt it, knew it, and immediately drove to the doctor.  They fixed it while it was still a very small tear, and it didn't hurt his appearance one bit.  Major tears, or tears that are ignored - those are the ones that ruin a physique.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 08:34:28 AM »
Do you ever reflect on things when you look in the mirror? Ever go back to that script tattooed on your arm for comfort?

What does it refer to again?

I mostly get lost in my own dreamy eyes and it takes me a minute to snap out of it.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »
Sucks, big time.
Hope you recover as fast as possible and, given you're still into being the most perfect muscle man, get it checked by a pro asap.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »
repair it with grains, seriously.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 11:45:38 AM »

WTFs the point in heavy, for me, training?   

Right on.  I'm a bathroom mirror athlete ffs, no plans to pull a car with my teeth or toss a caber.  I lift like a total puss.  Every heavy scheme I've ever tried brought me joint problems.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 01:49:18 PM »
Get checked by a good orthopedic surgeon who only specializes in that area. If you tore a muscle tendon off the bone it has to get repaired. If you just tore the actual muscle I don't think there is anything that can be done. My orthopedic guy said the quicker the repair it increases the odds of a successful tendon repair. If to much time is gone it really increases he problems in the repair if possible. See a doctor.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 02:04:37 PM »
SEE A DOCTOR ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the trainer

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 02:12:15 PM »
having someone sucking on your chest nipples while you do dumbbell flyes really helps to make the pec tear resistant.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 02:17:31 PM »
I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 03:04:45 PM »
I heard the slightest pop while benching and not warmed up properly about 8 months ago. It was sore and slightly torn, my first little tear ever. Felt shit for 2 weeks then was fine and I went back and popped it again. Duh.

It's ok now and I'm benching back big again but it hurts a little sometimes and I warm up more. I'm hoping it's not there long-term and it doesn't really effect my appearance I can only imagine TEARING it BAD.

Considering giving up benching and doing inclines and shoulder pressing in future...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »
Irish, I would tread lightly. You got two warnings of problems. Giving up the flat bench is hard but it's just one exercise of many. So many big bench press guys have major shoulder problems as they get older. I have know many.

I think the barbell bench is inherently dangerous. Benching with an extreme arch and inflating your chest to cut the range of motion so you can bench more will really decrease the flexibility of the  pec/delt tie in that will eventually lead to a tear.