Author Topic: Megalodan eats 9 foot great white shark???  (Read 25124 times)

Mike

• Getbig IV
Re: Megalodan eats 9 foot great white shark???
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
Not to discredit the story but how convenient this "Megaladon attack" happened to coincide nicely with the release of a TV documentary on the subject

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 10:17:22 PM »
 ;D  Great whites are not LARGE MAMMALS  8)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 10:25:02 PM »
Whatever it was, it wasn't Megalodon. the creature would have to have a 78 F degree body temp, which would effectively rule out fish.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 11:18:08 PM »
Just extra large White, not the 1st sighting in South Australia, hips of tuna/food in those waters.
Doco was screened on ABC-TV 3x in the last 6 months.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 12:58:22 AM »
Whatever it was, it wasn't Megalodon. the creature would have to have a 78 F degree body temp, which would effectively rule out fish.

It's must have been a giant beaver, or some other land dwelling creature that is well versed water travel.

Giant polar bear that perfected the skill to dive.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 03:02:10 AM »
Maybe it was this?

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 04:35:16 AM »
Im sure it was another shark.
Mr. AZ 2003

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 04:53:35 AM »
Im sure it was another shark.
78 degree body temp...that is not a shark...

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 05:03:20 AM »
78 degree body temp...that is not a shark...

I did not read 78 degrees
Mr. AZ 2003

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2014, 05:09:14 AM »
What really happened...
getbigger snorkeling, a great white comes along and the anabolic window with memories of jaws kicked in.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 05:10:41 AM »
I did not read 78 degrees
The article is incomplete. When you read the complete article, it states that the device was inside "something" that had a temp of 78 degrees...and stayed for a while. Now, Great whites do have a slightly higher temp, but not 78 degrees, that is way too high. That would either be a mammal, or maybe something else. But, doubtful that it was a giant Megalodon, which is nothing more than a giant greak white.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 05:13:25 AM »
It's must have been a giant beaver

x2, first thing i thought of.

Beavers are a menace.  They completely fuck up entire eco-systems so they can have a house that looks like shit.   Their cute faces are a ruse, hiding a diabolical, self centered, destructive mind.  No doubt one of their larger ones ate this shark.  Beavers are all sons of bitches.
Y

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 05:24:26 AM »
This will be responsible...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »
The culprit...

Although i am discrediting the whole article due to them calling a Shark a Mammal... They are NOT mammals.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 07:40:58 AM »
Bullshit marketing for their show.  Probably got caught in a big ship's rotor.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/world/australia-great-white-shark/index.html?c=world

A great white was devoured by another creature — likely a much larger creature — in Australian waters, and now researchers are trying to find out what said creature was. According to CNN, the 9-foot long shark had a tracking device on it that was found washed up on a beach. The information that was on that device showed something very interesting.

“It showed that it had suddenly undergone a rapid increase in temperature and a swift 1,900-foot (580-meter) dive beneath the waves. Scientists attribute the more than 30-degree spike in temperature to the shark entering another animal’s digestive system, and the unexpected plunge could be explained by the larger animal’s rapid descent.”

Great whites are very large mammals, and there aren’t too many other “fish in the sea” that can take one out. Theories about what might have been able to devour a shark of that size have already surfaced, some wondering if the legendary Megalodon was the culprit.

As previously reported by The Inquisitr, Megalodon is a 67-foot shark that is believed to be extinct. However, no one has been able to prove that the shark actually existed or that it has since gone extinct. If this sea beast is still alive today, it is possible that it could have devoured a great white shark.
There is a documentary called Hunt for the Super Predator which chronicles the research being done to find out what exactly happened to this great white shark (it will air on The Smithsonian Channel on June 25). Filmmaker Dave Riggs said:

“When I was first told about the data that came back from the tag that was on the shark, I was absolutely blown away. The question that not only came to my mind but everyone’s mind who was involved was, ‘What did that?’ It was obviously eaten. What’s going to eat a shark that big? What could kill a 3-meter (9-foot) great white?”

Geekosystem.com comes up with a few other guesses: “Giant squid? Underwater Sharknado? Godzilla? Megalodon?” But there haven’t been any definitive answers just yet. Perhaps more believable theories include a larger great white or even an orca whale. While it might be easy for most people to brush this off, scientists are determined to find some answers. What do you think devoured the great white shark? Do you think Megalodon exists?

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 08:03:31 AM »
This will be responsible...

Orca maybe...saw a show that talked about them killing and eating great whites.
Mr. AZ 2003

the trainer

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2014, 08:11:27 AM »
There are some huge monsters tall like skyscrapers in the deep ocean you guys would shit your pants if you knew of the monsters that lay await in the deep end.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »
There are some huge monsters tall like skyscrapers in the deep ocean you guys would shit your pants if you knew of the monsters that lay await in the deep end.

Why don't you go off with Sev and discuss the reptilian aliens or something?

Foozle

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2014, 08:14:51 AM »

I totally believe you're an expert on monsters in the deep end.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2014, 08:18:31 AM »

Er how do you know? You seen them?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2014, 08:21:04 AM »
I totally believe you're an expert on monsters in the deep end.

;D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2014, 08:56:09 AM »
Ended the cage diving season quickly. The whites sensed that there were scarier creatures in town and hit the bricks. I know this place and its history well.

"The Devil's Teeth" is a good primer.

Good book

Theres not enough info here...how do they know the 'entire shark' was eaten, and not just the tag?
Also the issue with orcas..i dont think they have the jaws/teeth like a shark designed for shearing off huge chunck of flesh. Thry kill sharks for sure but i dont think they can 'bite it in half' or consume the whole shark in 1-2 peices. Also, do orcas dive that deep?

Seems like the issue here is either just the tag got swallowed, which makes the whole story ho-hum...or if the whole shark was actually eaten, the culprit is most likely another, very large, great white.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2014, 10:08:11 AM »
The perplexing situation, which occurred four months after researchers tagged the shark, is chronicled in the Smithsonian Institution's documentary film "Hunt for the Super Predator," which airs in the United States on June 25.

hahahahahaha, now the whole story makes sense ...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
Mars was likely involved in this.

the trainer

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »
Er how do you know? You seen them?

humans have only surveyed  5-10% of the oceans, and even lower percentage of the deepest oceans, in the deepest part of the ocean you could put mount everest under there and it would still be covered by over a mile of water, now think of the huge monsters that lay await in that deep hole, you should be scared.