Author Topic: old school bodybuilder dose speculation.  (Read 1494 times)

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
old school bodybuilder dose speculation.
« on: June 12, 2014, 03:14:38 PM »
The physiques were very different from today I think we can all agree, due to the lack of hgh and insulin abuse mainly.

But how much do you think those guys were really taking? You hear all these rumours about arnold downing fistfulls of dbol and such but what do you believe.

Imo I think they must have been pushing the juice to higher extremes than today if thats all they had to work with. Insulin and hgh can be abused but they clearly produce huge amounts of mass through different means alongside the juice in lower overall doses spread between them.

Would love to hear experienced members opinions and some of the supposed amounts heard through the grapevine.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Re: old school bodybuilder dose speculation.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 03:34:29 PM »
Did you ever think to mention their diet and training practices? Old school bodybuilders trained twice a day for like 2 hours at a time. Today's pigs train for 40 mins and are gassed.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »
Those guys definitely had better quality gear, most stuff you get now is ridiculously underdosed.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 03:47:01 PM »
Wasn't gear different back then? Better quality and grade and more potent.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »
The only one that I'm pretty sure of is the old starting Powerlifting / Track and Field dose that was 500mg of testosterone a week + 20 - 50 mg of either Anadrol or Dianabol per day. This also use to be the recommended starting dose at Westside years ago, from what I've heard over the years.

Steve Courson, the famous Steeler player claimed 300mg Deca a week, + 50mg winstrol, and 50mg anavar a day was an average off season cycle for him late in his career.

This has some East German Olympic dosing info from the late 60's, early 70's - http://www.clinchem.org/content/43/7/1262.full .

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:33:08 AM »
Back in the day genetic was everything.

Today you can be big and ripped if the money is righ.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 10:48:08 AM »
By the end of the 1980s Docs stopped writing scrips and pharmacies stopped honoring them. The Controlled Substances Act of 1990 was all over the news. They were including those dreaded Anabolic Steroids.

Up until then you simply purchased your gear at your local Walgreens and it came right from the major drug houses. Suddenly bathtub gear hit the gyms. Quality and dosage became questionable. For several years my WO partner went to Tijuana with his little niece. He bought legit gear, ducktaped it to his body and in sweats walked back into the USA with his niece all smiles and an arm full of dolls.

So the old schoolers had boo coo quality gear available. What was used around the Mecca was on the average 200-500 Test Cyp, 200 Deca, some anavar and Squibb Equipoise weekly. Few denied usage unless being interviewed by the BB journals. A few dabbled in Adrol and suffered from it. Acne, bloody noses and headaches for the most part.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 02:45:41 PM »
Did you ever think to mention their diet and training practices? Old school bodybuilders trained twice a day for like 2 hours at a time. Today's pigs train for 40 mins and are gassed.

What a crock of shit