Author Topic: Managing your money  (Read 2669 times)

the trainer

Managing your money
« on: June 13, 2014, 08:54:57 AM »
I always hear people crying that their financial adviser, business manager, broker etc set them up with bad deals or screwed them out of money, now I dont have any fancy degrees but I am smart enough to know not to pay some greedy fucker to manage my money. manage your money yourself study the markets and know your investments or become another sucker.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Re: Managing your money
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:56:17 AM »
I always hear people crying that their financial adviser, business manager, broker etc set them up with bad deals or screwed them out of money, now I dont have any fancy degrees but I am smart enough to know not to pay some greedy fucker to manage my money. manage your money yourself study the markets and know your investments or become another sucker.

Yes, we know this.  ::)

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
  • Enlightenment is my DOOM
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 09:03:30 AM »

Brought to you by the stunt double for little richard in gay movies....

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »
Brought to you by the stunt double for little richard in gay movies....

Haven't you heard?  "the trainer" is over 250 lbs and 8-12% bf.

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 09:05:58 AM »
Haven't you heard?  "the trainer" is over 250 lbs and 8-12% bf.

It's getbig ni&&a......aren't we all? :-*

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 09:07:12 AM »

Great post. I would also add:

Don't listen to anything financially related from someone who doesn't even have a degree
S

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »
The Trainer sure starts a LOT of shit threads...

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 11:15:24 AM »

I'll bite.  So what's your view on the following:

1. Performance of US and international equity markets over the next five years, please break down based on small cap and large cap;
2. The same for the bond market.  Where do you think the US treasury constant maturity benchmark will be in five years?  How about municipal bonds?
3. Commodities are not performing well right now; is this a buying opportunity to hedge against when inflation returns?
4. What is your view on REITs?

Finally, what kind of yield are you enjoying currently in your investments?  How about total return?

Fill this thread with your intelligence.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »
The Trainer sure starts a LOT of shit threads...

And not even ending them with a single (Ronnie)!!!

Prepostrous!

the trainer

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 02:03:37 PM »
And not even ending them with a single (Ronnie)!!!

Prepostrous!

Ok fine here is ronnie.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 03:15:22 PM »

That's bevause it's not difficult to manage the change in your pocket.

You must have some accumulated wealth, then you'd understand.

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 03:47:32 PM »
M

1. Performance of US and international equity markets over the next five years, please break down based on small cap and large cap;
2. The same for the bond market.  Where do you think the US treasury constant maturity benchmark will be in five years?  How about municipal bonds?
3. Commodities are not performing well right now; is this a buying opportunity to hedge against when inflation returns?

Finally, what kind of yield are you enjoying currently in your investments?  How about total return?

Aww shit son!!! The kid pocket protectors and green visors are off!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 04:08:54 PM »
The banking and financial system is based on fraud, on top of fraud, on top of fraud.  This system has the masses brainwashed into believing you should have your cash invested in their fraud system.  They are skimming you... 3% here, 5% there.  The real criminals are these $3000-5000 suit wearing smooth talkers, not the ghetto guy who robs the 7Eleven.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »
ESFitness in 54321.....

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:57 PM »
The banking and financial system is based on fraud, on top of fraud, on top of fraud.  This system has the masses brainwashed into believing you should have your cash invested in their fraud system.  They are skimming you... 3% here, 5% there.  The real criminals are these $3000-5000 suit wearing smooth talkers, not the ghetto guy who robs the 7Eleven.

You hear that "the trainer"? You and I are clear! Kno whut I sayin?

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 04:47:52 PM »

yea, because I don't want somebody who's greedy helping me with my money..  ::)

most people dont' know dick about finance, so most people would be much better off with a financial advisor.

I'm fairly competent when it comes to accounting, but come tax time, some things are best left to professionals.

I'm also fairly competent at many things, but many things are best left to professionals.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »

most people dont' know dick about finance, so most people would be much better off with a financial advisor.

I'm fairly competent when it comes to accounting, but come tax time, some things are best left to professionals.

I'm also fairly competent at many things, but many things are best left to professionals.

Fairly tales can come true...

Truth is, it's not complicated at all, but the banking/financial industry has a vested interest in making it sound as complicated as possible.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 05:05:09 PM »

boom

the trainer

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »

I dont know shit about that I do low risk investments at my bank, the returns might be low but I wont lose my money and when I retire I dont have to worry about anything.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »

I dont know shit about that I do low risk investments at my bank, the returns might be low but I wont lose my money and when I retire I dont have to worry about anything.

You start the thread with a boast about how folks should be able to manage their money themselves and when called out, you respond that you "don't know shit about that".

Don't know fuck-all about training, nutrition, diet, gear OR fucking money. Sure thing, "trainer"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »
Great post. I would also add:

Don't listen to anything financially related from someone who doesn't even have a degree

You can't possibly be serious?

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 10:40:21 PM »

the trainer

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 09:15:44 AM »
You start the thread with a boast about how folks should be able to manage their money themselves and when called out, you respond that you "don't know shit about that".

Don't know fuck-all about training, nutrition, diet, gear OR fucking money. Sure thing, "trainer"

First of all I am an expert on training, nutrition, diet and gear I can go head to head with anybody and put them to shame with my knowledge, when it comes to money managing like I said I only do low risk investments and dabble with mid risk investments, I have cds, bonds, mutual funds stocks etc in my portforlio I have no reason to become an expert with all the investments on the planet I only research investment when I am interested in it.

Guy like AJ are suckers a guy in a suit tells them what to do with their money then a few years down the road they find out that their investment is gone then the guy in a suit goes and relax in a fancy prison for a few years playing tennis while you suckers have to start from the bottom again.